Okay so YTV aired TWO new episodes last Friday night did anyone else see them?

The first one wasn't so great, but the second was AMAZING a LOT of plot development and action scenes!
Avatar is ok I like how it is now that hes mastered all 4 elements and that Ang and whatever her name is are starting to fall in love. its a good anime but I'd like to watch it in japanese.
What? Two? I've been watching them online. What happened?

Litrid Wrote:Avatar is ok I like how it is now that hes mastered all 4 elements and that Ang and whatever her name is are starting to fall in love. its a good anime but I'd like to watch it in japanese.

Litrid, Avatar is NOT AN ANIME. It is an AMERICAN SHOW. The original version is in ENGLISH. JSDFJLDFJLKDSF I AM SO SICK OF THIS JUST BECAUSE IT IS JAPANESE DOES NOT MEAN IT'S BETTER.

And at any rate, Aang has not mastered the fire element yet.
oh...your right it is american cuz its made my nikalodian or watever the hell it called. I thought he mastered fire? w/e
Nickelodeon.

Yeah, Avatar is produced in the US and Canada (most Nick shows are strongly tied to Canada, if not primarily made there). Some will argue that it's still classified as "Anime" because it's animated by a Korean animation studio. Of course, the blinding hole in this is that, in Western culture, Anime refers to Japanese cartoons exclusively, not just "Asian" in general. The other, more important point of this though is that about 90% of cartoons EVERYWHERE are animated in Korean animation studios. They're ridiculously cheap compared to other studios, and as the primary cost of producing a cartoon is the animation (unless we're talking about shows that are primarily CGI), most producers contract with Korean groups for the majority of their animation.
i heard the hellboy cartoon was also drawn in korea. but yeah being drawn in korea doesnt make it an Anime, just anime style.

and i like this show. just i missed so many episodes near the start that i havent really been able to get into it. once i find time though i intend to watch it all the way through
Fleetscut Wrote:i heard the hellboy cartoon was also drawn in korea. but yeah being drawn in korea doesnt make it an Anime, just anime style.

Not even that. Stuff like the old Frank Miller Batman cartoon and the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon were animated in Korean studios. It's something like 90%-95% of ALL cartoons EVERYWHERE were done in Korean animation studios.
Tamer Brad Wrote:What? Two? I've been watching them online. What happened?

Litrid Wrote:Avatar is ok I like how it is now that hes mastered all 4 elements and that Ang and whatever her name is are starting to fall in love. its a good anime but I'd like to watch it in japanese.

Litrid, Avatar is NOT AN ANIME. It is an AMERICAN SHOW. The original version is in ENGLISH. JSDFJLDFJLKDSF I AM SO SICK OF THIS JUST BECAUSE IT IS JAPANESE DOES NOT MEAN IT'S BETTER.

And at any rate, Aang has not mastered the fire element yet.

The first one was kinda lame the water bending girl (her name escapes me) pretended to be the spirit of this lake to help out a suffering village of fishermen in the fire nation.

The second one was amazing! It started out with a Meteor crashing into the side of a mountain and Sokka felt down on himself for not being able to stop the fire the meteor caused because he's not a bender. They went shopping and Sokka finds this amazing looking sword made by a master of the blade. Ang chimes in that Sokka needs a master because the 3 of them each had some sort of master. (Although the Earth bending girl's master was a mole badger or something...) I can tell you all about it if you want, but this is all I'm gonna say for now.
Oh, I saw the water spirit one last week. The Sokka ep was great, though.

You can't remember Katara's name? Eep.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Oh, I saw the water spirit one last week. The Sokka ep was great, though.

You can't remember Katara's name? Eep.

Normally I can't remember Sokka's name... I'm bad like that I always remember Zuko for some reason.. weird.
I can't remember the name of that ugly chick Zuko is banging.
isnt she like one of the main characters? i havent seen the show much and even i could remember that
She is, I guess. Plot-wise she's not all that important.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I can't remember the name of that ugly chick Zuko is banging.

Guess I'm messed up cuz I'd tap her... I like her I don't care attitude. (Of course I can't remember her name either... ^^;Wink But Sokka's meteor sword is just a piece of awesome on a toasted bun.
Her name is Mae
I like Oppa hes so cool like come on! you must think a Giant flying Bison is cool??!?!?!?!
Just saw episode 4. Great, great, great. Sokka is now useful, hopefully. Sokka and his SPACE SWORD

Also, Aang should totally make a wind blade.

Episode 5:

Fire nation breakfast club, jeez.
episode 5 ...

i wish i'd never seen it
Oh yes wonderful let's all discover ourselves and have background stories on people... Zuko needs a carp shrink and so does his girlfriend...
One episode that really confused me was when they need to see the king of the earth nation and hes having a party for his bear and Ang says Platypus bear? No just......bear. wtf is up with that? are all the animals cross breeds or something?
Yes every single animal in the avatar world is a mixed breed genetic engineered thing because there is no way nature can allow it to happen.

Just a bear in the avatar world is like Horse Dolphin in our world. It's like the second time they had REAL animals in the show. The first being the library with the giant owl spirit and his foxy cohorts, but they were mystical. So the bear is like the only non-magical REAL animal we have seen.
I'm sorry to say but that is carp up
Ozuma Wrote:Yes every single animal in the avatar world is a mixed breed genetic engineered thing because there is no way nature can allow it to happen.

just because that line of evolution is biologically impossible on earth doesnt mean that it isnt possible at all. nature can allow tons of things to happen
Nature is very mysterious so anything can happen.
Fleetscut Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:Yes every single animal in the avatar world is a mixed breed genetic engineered thing because there is no way nature can allow it to happen.

just because that line of evolution is biologically impossible on earth doesnt mean that it isnt possible at all. nature can allow tons of things to happen

Umm yeah that's what it means. See there's a reason we don't see a platypus bear it's because the DNA is not compatible for reproduction. The only way for it to happen is some form of mutation and generally mutations are a humans fault, because of environment poisoning and other such things.

The only possible way for that to happen is not NATURAL. It's gene splicing and that would be playing god.