Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Jun. 10, 2010  9:30 PM)bskulldragon100 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2010  4:15 PM)Khel Wrote: Dragoon G? Presuming you have the other parts to make use of the attack ring, then I guess. If you are not going to do that then I would advise against it.

what parts?

Pretty much any good attack BBs, a left SG and a 10 Wide (comes with Dragoon G), Wide Defense, or even an 8 Wide.

Good Attack BBs include: Storm Grip Base, SG Metal Flat 2
(Jun. 10, 2010  9:35 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2010  9:30 PM)bskulldragon100 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2010  4:15 PM)Khel Wrote: Dragoon G? Presuming you have the other parts to make use of the attack ring, then I guess. If you are not going to do that then I would advise against it.

what parts?

Pretty much any good attack BBs, a left SG and a 10 Wide (comes with Dragoon G), Wide Defense, or even an 8 Wide.

Good Attack BBs include: Storm Grip Base, SG Metal Flat 2

whats the diff between upper attack and smash attack?
(Jun. 10, 2010  10:35 PM)bskulldragon100 Wrote: whats the diff between upper attack and smash attack?

We have the Beywiki for a reason. There are articles on both Upper Attack and Smash Attack.
On average, do the original Metal Fight Beyblades perform better than the Hybrid Wheel system Beyblades? ie, a Pegasis 105F vs a Storm Pegasis 105RF or a Leone 145D vs Rock Leone 145WB

Thanks!
(Jun. 10, 2010  11:13 PM)Momotarou Wrote: On average, do the original Metal Fight Beyblades perform better than the Hybrid Wheel system Beyblades? ie, a Pegasis 105F vs a Storm Pegasis 105RF or a Leone 145D vs Rock Leone 145WB

Thanks!

Quetzalcoatl, Virgo, Libra(banned) are all the best wheels in the 4 categories that came from pre-HWS. However these parts are used in conjunction with RF, WB, etc. which are obtained through HWS.
just popping in to say i cannot believe people are still asking questions about plastic gen blades and actually buying them
(Jun. 10, 2010  11:13 PM)Momotarou Wrote: On average, do the original Metal Fight Beyblades perform better than the Hybrid Wheel system Beyblades? ie, a Pegasis 105F vs a Storm Pegasis 105RF or a Leone 145D vs Rock Leone 145WB

Thanks!

That's quite an odd question. So far both are used in top tier combos. However as far as I know, (not includign the Libra wheel since it's banned) Virgo is an okay wheel, quetz is a top tier upper attack wheel, and Pegasus can be used in MF pegasus CH120RF. However as a whole, i think buying HWS beyblades is better, simply because they come with better parts as a whole, and that's the direction in which the game is advancing. (also, I doubt you will shell out $50 at least for a mint quetz)

And obviously, HWS wheels are used in top tier combos, so there really isn't a reason to buy the pre HWS beyblades at this point in time unless you are quite competitive. Either way, there are other HWS wheels that can suffice, if not exactly as good as combos using pre HWS wheels.
does anyone know why the rock wheel(takara tomy) is heavier then the hasbro rock wheel
(Jun. 11, 2010  2:16 AM)SagittarioDude Wrote: does anyone know why the rock wheel(takara tomy) is heavier then the hasbro rock wheel
Did you really weigh it and see a difference ? Nobody else had done that yet, I believe.
(Jun. 11, 2010  1:44 AM)momiji manju Wrote: That's quite an odd question. So far both are used in top tier combos. However as far as I know, (not includign the Libra wheel since it's banned) Virgo is an okay wheel, quetz is a top tier upper attack wheel, and Pegasus can be used in MF pegasus CH120RF. However as a whole, i think buying HWS beyblades is better, simply because they come with better parts as a whole, and that's the direction in which the game is advancing. (also, I doubt you will shell out $50 at least for a mint quetz)

Virgo is more than "an okay wheel"... It's a top tier wheel and is one of the best wheels for stamina. It's also a decent defense wheel.
(Jun. 10, 2010  9:35 PM)Aqua Wrote: Good Attack BBs include: Storm Grip Base, SG Metal Flat 2

Don't forget grip attackers base.
(Jun. 11, 2010  4:41 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2010  9:35 PM)Aqua Wrote: Good Attack BBs include: Storm Grip Base, SG Metal Flat 2

Don't forget grip attackers base.

That's Right Spin though, it cannot be used in Left Spin...
(Jun. 11, 2010  3:07 AM)Aqua Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2010  1:44 AM)momiji manju Wrote: That's quite an odd question. So far both are used in top tier combos. However as far as I know, (not includign the Libra wheel since it's banned) Virgo is an okay wheel, quetz is a top tier upper attack wheel, and Pegasus can be used in MF pegasus CH120RF. However as a whole, i think buying HWS beyblades is better, simply because they come with better parts as a whole, and that's the direction in which the game is advancing. (also, I doubt you will shell out $50 at least for a mint quetz)

Virgo is more than "an okay wheel"... It's a top tier wheel and is one of the best wheels for stamina. It's also a decent defense wheel.

Then that's my mistake, sorry.

Though i still think they should probably stick with buying HWS.
But Virgo is the best stamina wheel, Quetz is the best attack wheel, and Libra (was) the best Defense Wheel : /
Why stick to HWS?
Perhaps its the cost that deters people who are new to MFB? I'm not sure if I do want to shell out over 20 dollars on one blade, but I guess it depends on the blade. I'm happy with my light mod Rock Leone for defense
If you aren't willing to put out $20 for a bey, quit the hobby now.
(Jun. 11, 2010  6:30 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: If you aren't willing to put out $20 for a bey, quit trying to be competitive now.
(Jun. 11, 2010  6:30 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: If you aren't willing to put out $20 for a bey, quit the hobby now.

easy on the friendliness buddy lol I was just expressing that I'm UNSURE as to whether I would spend that much on a bey. moving on, what would any of you say is the best Attack, Defense, Stamina, and Balance HWS MF Bey straight out of the box?
(Jun. 11, 2010  6:30 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: If you aren't willing to put out $20 for a bey, quit the hobby now.

It always depends on a person's budget. Honestly $20 does seem alot for just a battle top. A full starter set for Battles Strikers is $20.

Other beys are sometimes just 10-15 dollars.
If the opportunity arises, I may be in the mood for buying a great blade for almost any price lol Currently, I'm looking for Pegasis 105F and a ton of them, and a Lightning L Drago 100HF, also a ton of them
(Jun. 11, 2010  7:11 AM)Momotarou Wrote: If the opportunity arises, I may be in the mood for buying a great blade for almost any price lol Currently, I'm looking for Pegasis 105F and a ton of them, and a Lightning L Drago 100HF, also a ton of them

Storm Pegasis 105RF is what you should buy a ton of, not Pegasis 105F. Also, there's not much point to buy so much Lightning LDrago 100HF since none of its parts get worn out easily (unlike the RF from Storm Pegasis).
(Jun. 11, 2010  6:51 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: It always depends on a person's budget. Honestly $20 does seem alot for just a battle top. A full starter set for Battles Strikers is $20.

That (and more) is what a lot of people have to pay to import...
True, but still, when hasbro releases BMF, won't sales only be about $8?
or does he mean for newer beys like Rock Giraffe?
Then I would understand.
I also understand that shipping is also costly, so I apologize.
I've noticed that a lot of people have started using CS instead of RF in customs. I don't really see why, though. It's less aggressive than RF. I thought that aggressiveness was the most important thing in attack bottoms. There something I'm missing here?