Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Jun. 23, 2009  12:31 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: What is a good beyblade to start out with?

If only there was a topic somewhere that told you which MFB were good buys ...
(Jun. 23, 2009  12:46 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: I have read it.

Then you need to read it again; and possibly a third time since it was laid out fairly obviously.
I do not want to get a bad reputation by starting a fight with a mod. So I do not understand what I am doing wrong.
(Jun. 23, 2009  1:15 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: I do not want to get a bad reputation by starting a fight with a mod. So I do not understand what I am doing wrong.

Your introductory PM that was sent to you when you joined the site includes a link to a thread that tells you what the best MFBs to buy are. And so it was unecessary to ask "What is a good beyblade to start out with?", when the answer was right there. You should try look around the site and other resources for answers first, before asking a question here.
C145 stands for 'Claw 145'

A picture describes it better than words http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-3.htm

The three spikes are effective on defense combos. It doesn't really do anything else.
Oh, that is the thing...I read the topic but I don't understand... so I am asking you guys here for advice. I am leaning towards the balance type... but I don't know which beyblades are which type.
(Jun. 23, 2009  1:20 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: Oh, that is the thing...I read the topic but I don't understand... so I am asking you guys here for advice. I am leaning towards the balance type... but I don't know which beyblades are which type.

What is it you don't understand?
(Jun. 23, 2009  1:19 AM)Khel Wrote: C145 stands for 'Claw 145'

A picture describes it better than words http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-3.htm

The three spikes are effective on defense combos. It doesn't really do anything else.

Ohh... I see.
How effective is Wide Defense for defensive combos? Is it good, or is it so wide that it gives the beyblade trouble keeping balance?
Well I don't understand customs and the types and whatnot. I haven't bladed since 2003, so I am kinda out of the game. I want to blade competitively and try and win the BBA when it comes back.
(Jun. 23, 2009  1:27 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: Well I don't understand customs and the types and whatnot.

That's still kind of vague...

What about customs don't you understand... What they are? How to make them?
How to make good ones.
(Jun. 23, 2009  2:42 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: How to make good ones.

=_= Study how the parts work and interact with each other. Do you expect to just be handed everything? Why don't you just read around for a bit?
One last question, should I wait till MFB comes out in the USA or should i start no and order online?
My question back to you is can you afford it?

I have started already; and I think it was the right decision. Waiting for localization will mean lower prices, but that means over a year wait. I'm not going to wait that long to enjoy the game again. If you have the disposable income then by all means go for it. If not well then the answer is obvious.
Okay, but what is all this BB-11 and H145SD stuff about? Plus is the "BB-26 DF145FS" (Whatever that means) any good? It looks pretty cool.
(Jun. 23, 2009  2:57 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: Okay, but what is all this BB-11 and H145SD stuff about? Plus is the "BB-26 DF145FS" (Whatever that means) any good? It looks pretty cool.

The BB numbers are the release number from what I understand.

The DF145FS type things are the track and bottom. So, DF145FS is a 14.5mm track with a Flat Sharp Bottom. (please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Okay, i guees it will take a few months for me too really understand... but I kinda need to know if the BB-26 DF145FS is any good!
(Jun. 23, 2009  2:57 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: Okay, but what is all this BB-11 and H145SD stuff about? Plus is the "BB-26 DF145FS" (Whatever that means) any good? It looks pretty cool.

BB-26 is Gemios DF145FS.

Gemios is the Metal Wheel; most of the Beyblade's weight is composed of this and is the part which will come into contact with other Beyblades.

DF145 is its track; this is the central part of the Beyblade which determines its height. DF stands for Down Force, but is mostly ineffective in producing such "down force". 145 is its height in mm.

FS is its bottom; this is the tip which comes into contact with the stadium and determines its movement. FS stands for Flat Sharp.

As a whole, the Beyblade is not so good uncustomised, and an effective use for Gemios has yet to be found. Some people have found it contains certain Smash Attack abilities. You'd probably be better off buying a different Beyblade, despite the fact its wheel is attractive.
It's good, but not game breaking.

We have a thread for MFB you should be looking to get if you want to get started.

(Hint;BB-22 is a good place to start)
Can I post e-bay links on here?
(Jun. 23, 2009  3:10 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: Can I post e-bay links on here?

There's an EBay thread in the marketplace.
No like if I post in this thread and asked if it was a good blade... would that be allowed?
(Jun. 23, 2009  3:12 AM)YellowJedi Wrote: No like if I post in this thread and asked if it was a good blade... would that be allowed?

I don't think so. There's usually a discussion thread anyway.