Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

I have one for you guys; I have an old Wolborg MS which without a doubt had some residue buildup on the NSK shaft. I was able to confirm this by spinning the blade while holding the tip and watching the time. Comparing this with a newer Wolborg MS showed it only got to about the third of the time. To alleviate this problem I sprayed a bit of WD 40 and it now works like new. Was that legal?
(Jun. 08, 2009  2:07 AM)Khel Wrote: I have one for you guys; I have an old Wolborg MS which without a doubt had some residue buildup on the NSK shaft. I was able to confirm this by spinning the blade while holding the tip and watching the time. Comparing this with a newer Wolborg MS showed it only got to about the third of the time. To alleviate this problem I sprayed a bit of WD 40 and it now works like new. Was that legal?

Not by WBO standards, no. However, I doubt anyone would care.
(Jun. 06, 2009  7:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They have to be done by hand, so you could've mentioned it somewhere else or PM'd me ...

Either way, I'll do it now.

Thanks brad Smile you're the best
Is L drago's wheel used in any combo's?
(Jun. 08, 2009  5:34 PM)Ghost Wrote: Is L drago's wheel used in any combo's?

Not usually. If you really wanted to, L-Drago 90RF would be a good try.
so i have been told that the best track on a defense blade is determined by the height of the attack blade that is facing it.

can someone tell me should it be the same,lower or higher than the other blade?
(Jun. 08, 2009  2:07 AM)Khel Wrote: I have one for you guys; I have an old Wolborg MS which without a doubt had some residue buildup on the NSK shaft. I was able to confirm this by spinning the blade while holding the tip and watching the time. Comparing this with a newer Wolborg MS showed it only got to about the third of the time. To alleviate this problem I sprayed a bit of WD 40 and it now works like new. Was that legal?

How did you spray WD-40 into it?
(Jun. 08, 2009  8:13 PM)pegasis Wrote: so i have been told that the best track on a defense blade is determined by the height of the attack blade that is facing it.

The best track for a defensive blade is not only determined by the height of the other blade but also, the weight of the track.

(Jun. 08, 2009  8:13 PM)pegasis Wrote: can someone tell me should it be the same,lower or higher than the other blade?

It should be around the same height as the opposing blade. Or a height where the other blade won't be attacking it's weak points but it's stronger points.
(Jun. 08, 2009  8:17 PM)Commie Wrote: How did you spray WD-40 into it?

WD 40 comes with that little nozzle straw. Use that to fit between the tip and the rest of the RC and give a short spray or two.

ta-da.
i just bought pegasis105RF (the original design) and i have been hearing rumors that the wheel has breakage problems. this has been worrying me, just how often does it break?
(Jun. 09, 2009  1:47 AM)JAPANDA Wrote: i just bought pegasis105RF (the original design) and i have been hearing rumors that the wheel has breakage problems. this has been worrying me, just how often does it break?

I've never heard of this. Where are you hearing these rumours?
(Jun. 09, 2009  1:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I've never heard of this. Where are you hearing these rumours?

it said so on the beywiki look at the article titled Pegasis105RF
(Jun. 09, 2009  1:47 AM)JAPANDA Wrote: i just bought pegasis105RF (the original design) and i have been hearing rumors that the wheel has breakage problems. this has been worrying me, just how often does it break?

ok, it appears you have no clue as to what you bought so let me attempt to fill in the gaps.

there is no Pegasis 105RF available for sale

there is Storm Pegasis 105RF (RF is rubber flat and is only available on this blade)

Then there is the 'original' which is Pegasis 105F (F is flat the plastic flat tip)

Both of these beys are starters so they come with a launcher and ripcord.

You can also buy Pegasis 145D which is a booster.

None of these beys have issue of the wheel breaking. Now Storm Pegasis 105RF has the rubber bottom which is slightly more prone to getting damaged than a plastic.

I cannot give a more specific answer since I don't quite know what you bought
(Jun. 09, 2009  1:53 AM)JAPANDA Wrote: it said so on the beywiki look at the article titled Pegasis105RF

That's for Pegasis 105F, not Storm Pegasis 105RF. Not to mention, you didn't read this very well:

Pegasis 105F on Beywiki Wrote:Design change: The original design of Pegasis (seen below) was changed to the current design (above) sometime before the launch of Metal Fight Beyblade. No official statement was made, but the Beyblade community has speculated that it was because of probable breakage problems with each section on the Wheel.

It's referring to an unreleased design.
Is it normal for my Wolborg MS to make a LOT of noise? I just played with it today and it wasn't happening any time before today, it kind of makes really loud noises and somewhat sounds like a motorcycle.

Whatever happened to it, it performs a lot better than it did before. If something broke on the inside to make it this way, is it illegal?
(Jun. 09, 2009  2:12 AM)Commie Wrote: Is it normal for my Wolborg MS to make a LOT of noise? I just played with it today and it wasn't happening any time before today, it kind of makes really loud noises and somewhat sounds like a motorcycle.

Whatever happened to it, it performs a lot better than it did before. If something broke on the inside to make it this way, is it illegal?

Well,usually Attack type blades,when Moving Quickly they make a motorcycle Like Sound.But Wolborg MS is not a attack type blade so I would say you should check over all the parts and make sure nothing is clogged in them or something is wrong with them.
(Jun. 09, 2009  2:12 AM)Commie Wrote: Is it normal for my Wolborg MS to make a LOT of noise? I just played with it today and it wasn't happening any time before today, it kind of makes really loud noises and somewhat sounds like a motorcycle.

If the sound you are hearing is screechy, that's very normal.

I don't know about a motorcycle though.
It's not that sort of sound though, it's way higher pitched and sounds like the motorcycle is shifting gears.
It's just metal spinning on metal I'm sure but it's new and weird.

Khel: Alright, I guess my Wolborg needed some breaking in then.
(Jun. 09, 2009  2:15 AM)BladeBee Wrote: Well,usually Attack type blades,when Moving Quickly they make a motorcycle Like Sound.But Wolborg MS is not a attack type blade so I would say you should check over all the parts and make sure nothing is clogged in them or something is wrong with them.

... Wut!?

Too many opportunities to use that face today.

Commie, it sounds like a simple case of the tip wearing down and either the shaft becoming slightly bent or the NSK bearings wearing down. In either case it isn't illegal.
Thanks for the answers guys! I'm so relieved that it's typical, I was sort of scared of something more severe.
Yeah I remember when I first got my Wolborg MS and it started making sounds like that. Scared the carp outta me.
Would the Rock Bison AR be good for upper attack? If it were on a low base would it act like Upper Dragoon, and Tri-wing?
(Jun. 09, 2009  2:40 PM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Would the Rock Bison AR be good for upper attack? If it were on a low base would it act like Upper Dragoon, and Tri-wing?

It's not horrible for upper attack, but its potential for smash is considerably greater.
Just an idea I had for tagteam battles, but... Ok, this might just be idiotic, and not work at all, but say one team were using two LibraC125WB's, if my side used LDrago105RF and Storm Pegasis105RF, would there be the possibility that the two would just stay out of each others movement pattern, with both of us launching on the same side of the stadium?
I imagine it'd be possible but there'd be no way to control it so it would be an unreliable battle plan......plus as soon as the first attack beyblade attacked, there would be some minor recoil from that and the Libra combo would get hit somewhere.......it's unlikely that that wouldn't disrupt the movements of the other attack beyblade. They'd have to attack at the same time or be very, very lucky.

Btu anyways, I would regard that as more of a team/four-way battle......tag team tends to denote that team members will be tagged in and out and so would play separate battles as part of a team or maybe even launch once the partners blade had stopped spinning, not launch all at the same time.