Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

Yes,
but I didn't know exactly how it would affect them,
I said from the start I hadn't focused on this for a long time so again I apologise,
I assumed my asking would be okay seeing as this thread is about asking questions.
Anyway, sorry again.
(May. 07, 2009  7:33 PM)Golden Hiro Wrote: Yes,
but I didn't know exactly how it would affect them,
I said from the start I hadn't focused on this for a long time so again I apologise,
I assumed my asking would be okay seeing as this thread is about asking questions.
Anyway, sorry again.

It is for asking questions, but we do encourage people to try and find an answer for themselves. Obviously, rubber has more friction and is softer than metal, which has little friction. Metal is heavier than rubber, as well. These aren't qualities exclusive to Beyblade, but inherent to these materials.
(May. 07, 2009  7:15 PM)Golden Hiro Wrote: Alright, thanks.
I think I'll end up going with metal.

If you do this, you'll be sacrificing control and speed for survival. Just so you know.

Edit:
I'm referring to flat tips
Won't you gain control as well?
He is referring to tips like Metal Flat which don't hold the desired movement pattern for very long. Meaning if you do sliding shoot it won't hold the pattern as long as if you were to do it with a rubber, or even a plastic.
Oh, right.
(May. 07, 2009  7:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It is for asking questions, but we do encourage people to try and find an answer for themselves. Obviously, rubber has more friction and is softer than metal, which has little friction. Metal is heavier than rubber, as well. These aren't qualities exclusive to Beyblade, but inherent to these materials.

Okay okay, sorry Pinching_eyes
From now on I'll check the wiki before I ask.

Thanks Synesthesia, I'm gonna assume that metal is best for defence then.
(May. 07, 2009  7:39 PM)Golden Hiro Wrote: Okay okay, sorry >_<
From now on I'll check the wiki before I ask.

Thanks Synesthesia, I'm gonna assume that metal is best for defence then.

No ... metal has less friction than rubber or plastic, so metal tips are generally terrible for Defense. Rubber has the highest Defense but the lowest Stamina. Rubber ball/sharp would be the ideal Defense-type shape. For now, Wide Ball is the best MFB Defensive Bottom.
For sheer defense I would say a sharper/harder rubber tip is usually better. Something like Bearing Core 2 from the HMS series. However since no alternatives like this exist in MFB the best we have right now is Wide Ball Bottom (which is plastic)

EDIT: beaten
I guess you could think of it this way:

Metal=High Stamina/Moderate Attack Power/Low Defense
Rubber=High Defense/High Attack Power/Low Stamina
Plastic=Moderate Defense/Moderate Stamina/Low Attack Power
Right okay I think I get it now.
With a rubber you wouldn't really get that long of a battle would you,
although you should be able to finish it quickly ?
(May. 07, 2009  7:47 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: I guess you could think of it this way:

Metal=High Stamina/Moderate Attack Power/Low Defense
Rubber=High Defense/High Attack Power/Low Stamina
Plastic=Moderate Defense/Moderate Stamina/Low Attack Power

This seems about correct, in conjunction with this:

Flat: Low Stamina/Moderate Defense/High Attack
Round: Moderate Stamina/High Defense/Low Attack
Sharp: High Stamina/Low Attack/Low Defense
(May. 07, 2009  7:49 PM)Golden Hiro Wrote: Right okay I think I get it now.
With a rubber you wouldn't really get that long of a battle would you,
although you should be able to finish it quickly ?

Yeah, that's the idea. In the case of flat rubber tips, you have to win the battle within the first few seconds.
Okayy,
it's all making sense now XD
With a flat rubber tip, the way you shoot could increase your chances of ending it quickly yes ?
When I used to play, I never focused on details such as shooting types etc.
(May. 07, 2009  7:52 PM)Golden Hiro Wrote: Okayy,
it's all making sense now XD
With a flat rubber tip, the way you shoot could increase your chances of ending it quickly yes ?
When I used to play, I never focused on details such as shooting types etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dkH4NMzdL4&feature=player_embedded
wat shud i buy a trygle or a dranzer g
(May. 08, 2009  12:44 AM)muslimboi123 Wrote: wat shud i buy a trygle or a dranzer g

You should of asked that in the Purchase consultation thread.Also you should get A Dranzer G,It Rocks,but trygle has the perfect (well not perfect but awesome) smash attack AR.So unless you have a good collection,I think you should get Dranzer G
(May. 08, 2009  12:46 AM)BladeBee Wrote: You should of asked that in the Purchase consultation thread.Also you should get A Dranzer G,It Rocks,but trygle has the perfect (well not perfect but awesome) smash attack AR.So unless you have a good collection,I think you should get Dranzer G

number of useful parts trygle has: 1
number of useful parts dranzer g has: 0
(May. 08, 2009  12:44 AM)muslimboi123 Wrote: wat shud i buy a trygle or a dranzer g

Trygle. Dranzer G has no use really.
Why aren't the left spin launchers able to go onto the Custom grip ? Is their a certain grip for left spin launchers ?
They are able to........
Yeah i always thought they were able to Confused
I hate that hms grips for plastic blades do not work for hms launches!
(May. 09, 2009  4:42 AM)JamesLeeNguyen Wrote: I hate that hms grips for plastic blades do not work for hms launches!

lol that made no sense whatsoever