Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(May. 05, 2009  10:05 PM)JamesLeeNguyen Wrote: Whatever happend to hasbro?

Umm,Well MFB have not been released in the USA,so hasbro is not producing Beyblades right now,but I think they produce other things.But really im not sure anyone here knows much about what hasbro is doing because..none of us work at hasbro or has hasbro released any info
Which Launcher has More Power,HMS string Launcher,HMS Dual Shooter,or HMS Double shooter (the thing that comes with the Try set,The one with wybern DJ in it and some other things)
(May. 06, 2009  1:52 AM)BladeBee Wrote: Which Launcher has More Power,HMS string Launcher,HMS Dual Shooter,or HMS Double shooter (the thing that comes with the Try set,The one with wybern DJ in it and some other things)

The String Shooter, but it's almost impossible to use. Dual Shooter follows. Duotron is the weakest.
(May. 06, 2009  1:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The String Shooter, but it's almost impossible to use. Dual Shooter follows. Duotron is the weakest.

Almost impossible? I thought you just take the string,wind it up onto the...black part,close the shooter,put the beyblade on,and..well this goes without saying but..pull the string cord.
(May. 06, 2009  1:56 AM)BladeBee Wrote: Almost impossible? I thought you just take the string,wind it up onto the...black part,close the shooter,put the beyblade on,and..well this goes without saying but..pull the string cord.

Have fun aiming.
And it's a pain in the carp to wind.
(May. 06, 2009  2:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Have fun aiming.

You know, I've always wanted to try this. Probably would have got one if Hasbro had released it.
Yeah ive never heard about the string one before i wouldnt mind trying it out for myself actually Smile
Elliot/Spinster let me try out his String Shooter at AN'05.. Never again, I'll stick with the Dual Shooter please.
The potential of it is great because of the string length, but it's initially too long. If someone were to find the length at which max efficiency could be reached at, then it might be useful. Otherwise there's the general problems with it such as aiming (as mentioned before) and keeping the string tightened enough so it can hold the part that spins the Bey without slipping off early.
(May. 06, 2009  2:29 AM)G Wrote: The potential of it is great because of the string length, but it's initially too long. If someone were to find the length at which max efficiency could be reached at, then it might be useful. Otherwise there's the general problems with it such as aiming (as mentioned before) and keeping the string tightened enough so it can hold the part that spins the Bey without slipping off early.

Hmm..Well Im still gonna try to get one,I'll find out how to use it perfectly (with aim,keeping the string tight,finding a perfect length,etc) eventually
Good luck with finding multiple ones since you will need cut several strings. I think it'd be wiser to like hone your launch techniques with MFBs.
(May. 06, 2009  2:34 AM)G Wrote: Good luck with finding multiple ones since you will need cut several strings. I think it'd be wiser to like hone your launch techniques with MFBs.

Then Ill just have to find out how to master a launch with that long piece of string
Wetting the string would probably help with keeping a tighter grip. That's a common trick with old fashioned tops
(May. 06, 2009  2:40 AM)Khel Wrote: Wetting the string would probably help with keeping a tighter grip. That's a common trick with old fashioned tops

thanks khel,Not sure if thats sarcasm though..But I will believe it is not So,When/If I get the HMS string shooter..Ill try that out
It wasn't sarcasm.
(May. 06, 2009  11:10 AM)JamesLeeNguyen Wrote: Yea he was not being sarcastic.....

You've been spamming a lot lately. Please don't make a post if you have nothing to add. Thanks.
In Beyblade 2001, episode 7, after the Japanese Regional Tournament, Daitenji ( Mr. Dickenson) asked Hiwatari Kai to be the captain of BBA, and Kai accepted it. His decision exalted Takao, yet Kai soon clarified that he did it simply because he longed to become the world champion, and reminded Takao that their training should begin tomorrow before leaving.

However, in Chinese version, what Daitenji said to Kai was as following, which, in a way, really diverged greatly.

Daitenji : Are you willing to join BBA, too?
Kai: My only goal is to find and defeat all the beyblades which possess Holy Beasts. Others things are not within my concern at all.
Daitenji: If you are thinking that merely beyblader in our country own Holy Beasts, then you are absolutely wrong. Somewhere around the world , perhaps, there are still a great number of beybladers who are more powerful than we can possibly imagine. And of course, to surpass them cannot be a easy work……
Kai was surprised by this imply, and then finally accepted the proposition (of joining BBA) .

As for the training program part......

Kai: I never agree to team up with you guys. I am here purely because I want to beat those beybladers who possess Holy Beasts all. Do not forget, you are my rivals, and one day I am going to crush the three of you ruthlessly, too.

Such discrepancies really perplexed me.

I know in the dubbed version, the lines wouldn’t be necessarily accurate (for some technical reasons), but still, the differences were too huge, and Kai’s behavior (the betrayal) later didn’t look like what a captain would do. In addition, such differences caused troubles to me when I was reading English fan-fictions. For me it’s probably a personality problem. I don’t think Kai would be responsible or cared too much about his “teammates” in the very beginning. Therefore the idea of his being captain was just a little disturbing and unreasonable.

Anyway, just want to ask what they actually said in the original Japanese version.

Thanks a lot.
(May. 06, 2009  3:16 PM)Lightte Wrote: In Beyblade 2001, episode 7, after the Japanese Regional Tournament, Daitenji ( Mr. Dickenson) asked Hiwatari Kai to be the captain of BBA, and Kai accepted it. His decision exalted Takao, yet Kai soon clarified that he did it simply because he longed to become the world champion, and reminded Takao that their training should begin tomorrow before leaving.

However, in Chinese version, what Daitenji said to Kai was as following, which, in a way, really diverged greatly.

Daitenji : Are you willing to join BBA, too?
Kai: My only goal is to find and defeat all the beyblades which possess Holy Beasts. Others things are not within my concern at all.
Daitenji: If you are thinking that merely beyblader in our country own Holy Beasts, then you are absolutely wrong. Somewhere around the world , perhaps, there are still a great number of beybladers who are more powerful than we can possibly imagine. And of course, to surpass them cannot be a easy work……
Kai was surprised by this imply, and then finally accepted the proposition (of joining BBA) .

As for the training program part......

Kai: I never agree to team up with you guys. I am here purely because I want to beat those beybladers who possess Holy Beasts all. Do not forget, you are my rivals, and one day I am going to crush the three of you ruthlessly, too.

Such discrepancies really perplexed me.

I know in the dubbed version, the lines wouldn’t be necessarily accurate (for some technical reasons), but still, the differences were too huge, and Kai’s behavior (the betrayal) later didn’t look like what a captain would do. In addition, such differences caused troubles to me when I was reading English fan-fictions. For me it’s probably a personality problem. I don’t think Kai would be responsible or cared too much about his “teammates” in the very beginning. Therefore the idea of his being captain was just a little disturbing and unreasonable.

Anyway, just want to ask what they actually said in the original Japanese version.

Thanks a lot.
I do not know whether or not Kai was officially the 'captain' of team BBA, however, the Chinese version is surely closer to the original Japanese anime than the dub is.

Moreover, I would be interested in learning what other differences in dialogues were put in the English dub, but this topic is usually used for questions about the hobby. You can send me a private message or an e-mail instead, if you want.
I've just started again and I'm planning on buying the Hybrid Wheel Match Set as soon as I get the money for it.
If they still do the booster sets, which is a good one for maximising the attack of the pegasis ?

Forgive my total lack of knowledge, it's been a long time since I've really focused on beyblades.
another S pegasis Tongue_out

truly its very hard to beat. maybe rock leone would be the best. or libra Confused