Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

Isn't it Spin Stealing = stealing other blades momentum
Zombie = spin stealer that is nearly round so makes full rotations even once it's hit the stadium floor?

Or something like that. Both including free spinning shaft and bearings obviously. Thats what the wiki says iirc. Dunno who wrote it though.
(Feb. 14, 2009  12:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't remember who wrote that, but it was based off of the Damashii article. And you don't see the term "tuned Zombie" because nobody tunes their bearings because it's a pain in the carp.

Spin stealers/pseudo-Zombies/Zombie-likes are Beyblades that try to emulate the behaviour of Zombies. We see it a lot when people use Ten Wide because they don't have Wide Survivor.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I don't even know if there is anybody on here who has ever done it! lol

So you would define a Spin Stealer as a Beyblade that uses Ten Wide instead of Wide Survivor/Defense? And if so, then a Zombie would be one that does use one of the two? And if that is so, a tuned Zombie would be one that has tuned bearings with those other requirements? This sounds right to me.
Kei that's essentially it.
Does a Takara Dragoon G come with a launcher and ripcord? I am planning on buying one, but if it is only a booster then I will pass seeing as I don't even have a neo Winder
(Feb. 14, 2009  6:47 AM)Arjun Wrote: Does a Takara Dragoon G come with a launcher and ripcord? I am planning on buying one, but if it is only a booster then I will pass seeing as a don't even have a neo Winder

All Dragoons are Starters.
does anyone no a place where they could get driger ms not of the internet but a shop
(Feb. 14, 2009  10:57 AM)Revolution LITE Wrote: does anyone no a place where they could get driger ms not of the internet but a shop

Highly Un-likely, you would be lucky to find any Beyblade's sold in shops these days. Your just gonna have to use the internet.
This may be random but does anyone have any good pictures and measurements of a stadium that's legit under WBO rules (I don't mind which)? Seeing Giga's stadium made me realise I could probably make my own if I get the time.
(Feb. 14, 2009  3:35 PM)Rocky Wrote: This may be random but does anyone have any good pictures and measurements of a stadium that's legit under WBO rules (I don't mind which)? Seeing Giga's stadium made me realize I could probably make my own if I get the time.

My ruler is not the most accurate but these are pretty close measurements for a Tornado Balance Type S. If the outer perimeter was a perfect square without the edges chopped off we are looking at around 32 cm a side (P=128). The Tornado Ridge has a radius of about 9.5cm. 4 cm. of that is the smaller flat circle and 5.5cm. is the inclined slope at approximately 50-55 degrees (someone will need to confirm me on that seeing I only had a protractor to measure). I hope this helps, I have included a pic with my carp paint skills to illustrate.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Awesome. This is so gonna happen at some point. Do you know how big the bit between the Tornado Ridge and the walls is? And how high the walls are? And any other pointless information about the design of the base and stuff......though that's not top priority. Wink
The Tornado Ridge height is only about 2-2.5 mm. The walls are about 2.5 cm high and around 14 cm. long (not sure about that one since it is a curve). Stadium itself is 3.5 cm. high. Not sure what else I can tell you about it, but after doing this I want to build my own stadium as well. I just have absolutely no clue as to where to start, or if it is even feasible.
Well if you've got the equipment then go for it. In fact, even if you haven't it could be fun to try. XD

Last question (I hope): How thick is the plastic?
only 1mm; its surprising that being so thin they take so much carp, especially from HMS. No wonder I put a crack through mine.
1mm? I though they looked a bit thicker in that picture (actually that may just be shadow). Hmm......do you think it would be better to stick to 1mm or go to 2mm? Or would that affect the shape? Questions open to everyone btw.
no clue really, but gut instinct would say 2 mm to make it more durable.
Shouldn't make it much different but it would increase durability
Okay thanks guys. I'll see what's available to me.
Just to mention, of course, your home-made stadium won't be legal. Speechless
Yeah but at least I can have some battles that aren't 50% luck. Wink
With the time and money you'd spend making this, you could just buy a real stadium.
Brad is right.
Although I'm curious, How would you make a stadium anyways???
Timewise I don't mind - I like little projects like this. Plus I didn't plan on spending much/any money. Uncertain

I'm gonna get a decent stadium eventually, don't worry. Smile Possibly when the new beyblades come out if I go on a little spending spree. ^^;

EDIT: Anu I was planning on vacuum forming it. Unless anybody has any better ideas. Uncertain
Well be sure to let us know how that comes along. I am curious to see what a homemade stadium would look like.
(Feb. 14, 2009  7:56 PM)Rocky Wrote: Anu I was planning on vacuum forming it. Uncertain

Ahhh I see...

(Feb. 14, 2009  8:00 PM)Arjun Wrote: Well be sure to let us know how that comes along. I am curious to see what a homemade stadium would look like.

^^^Same here...