Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

i thought it was pegasis125d Confused
i remember anibus used to say that pegasis has the greatest defence of all mfb!
(Feb. 13, 2009  8:22 AM)pegasis Wrote: i thought it was pegasis125d Confused
i remember anibus used to say that pegasis has the greatest defence of all mfb!

He said this before Libra came out.
so MFB are not coming out of asia untill 2010 right?
if yes is there a chance i can find them in my local toys r us. or in other toy stores? (i live in saudi and its in asia)
Maybe. Is it in East Asia?
rofl you dont know saudi arabia? its the arabic islamic country that have the kaba where all muslims go there!
its in the middle east.
(Feb. 13, 2009  8:25 PM)pegasis Wrote: rofl you dont know saudi arabia? its the arabic islamic country that have the kaba where all muslims go there!
its in the middle east.

Difference between Middle East and East Asia. I wouldn't count on seeing MFB for a while. Also, he probably wasn't aware you lived in Saudi Arabia.
(Feb. 13, 2009  8:29 PM)pegasis Wrote: i said saudi in that post Confused

Sorry, you're correct. Either way, I doubt you know everything about the world either ... you don't even know Gregorian calendar. Wink
Right, this is dumb but - what exactly do people mean by 'cookie cutter'? It feels like something I knew a very long time ago but now have no idea about. :\
(Feb. 13, 2009  10:03 PM)Rocky Wrote: Right, this is dumb but - what exactly do people mean by 'cookie cutter'? It feels like something I knew a very long time ago but now have no idea about. :\

Its a staple combo that is extremely commonly used due to lack of other parts that perform as good as it. HMS had a problem with there being to many cookie cutters in the game, MFB has the problem right now, for now, with Libra. And example of a cookie cutter combo would be:
AR: DEMS
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Wolborg MS

Thats a very common spin stealoer combination, its a cookie cutter combo.

I've got a question as well, what would have been the use of Dranzer S's AR? I can't think of anything to write about it.
Oh so like game breaking stuff. Gotcha. Cool
(Feb. 13, 2009  10:10 PM)Rocky Wrote: Oh so like game breaking stuff. Gotcha. Cool

Exactly, game breaking. Another would be the Samurai Upper and GFCUV/GFC. That combo is unbelievably cookie cutter.
(Feb. 13, 2009  10:09 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Its a staple combo that is extremely commonly used due to lack of other parts that perform as good as it. HMS had a problem with there being to many cookie cutters in the game, MFB has the problem right now, for now, with Libra. And example of a cookie cutter combo would be:
RC: Wolbrog MS

Thats a very common zombie combination, its a cookie cutter combo.

Zombies do not exist in HMS. The bearings in Bearing Core can't be tuned. Just want to make sure you knew this. The combo you posted can be considered a staple, but it is a spin stealer.
(Feb. 13, 2009  11:30 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2009  10:09 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Its a staple combo that is extremely commonly used due to lack of other parts that perform as good as it. HMS had a problem with there being to many cookie cutters in the game, MFB has the problem right now, for now, with Libra. And example of a cookie cutter combo would be:
RC: Wolbrog MS

Thats a very common zombie combination, its a cookie cutter combo.

Zombies do not exist in HMS. The bearings in Bearing Core can't be tuned. Just want to make sure you knew this. The combo you posted can be considered a staple, but it is a spin stealer.

Oh come on now, I thought we were beyond that "bearings must be tuned for TRUE ZOMBIE DESU" nonsense that Beholder shoved down our throats. Especially since tuned bearings are banned in the WBO, I think it's pretty obvious what a Zombie is. Also, keep in mind that Wolborg MS's bearings can be seasoned by attaching the tip to a motor.

Zombies don't really exist in HMS moreso due to the fact that every single WD is circular and Dual Shooters can switch direction on the fly. So, while technically they do exist, we don't really refer to them as such because they've lost their hierarchy from the previous generation.
(Feb. 13, 2009  11:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Oh come on now, I thought we were beyond that "bearings must be tuned for TRUE ZOMBIE DESU" nonsense that Beholder shoved down our throats. Especially since tuned bearings are banned in the WBO, I think it's pretty obvious what a Zombie is. Also, keep in mind that Wolborg MS's bearings can be seasoned by attaching the tip to a motor.

Zombies don't really exist in HMS moreso due to the fact that every single WD is circular and Dual Shooters can switch direction on the fly. So, while technically they do exist, we don't really refer to them as such because they've lost their hierarchy from the previous generation.

I was under the impression that for a Zombie to truly work, they had to be tuned ... I know about how Wolborg MS's bearings could be tuned, but how long would you have to attach it to a motor? I remember reading it would take a long time.

This is also true, but as I said, I was under the impression that for it to truly be a Zombie, the bearings had to be tuned. I probably should have mentioned what you said about the WDs and Dual Shooters though, it would have strengthened my original statement.
I think the time required was one week attached to a motor.

Beholder was always saying, "for it to be a true Zombie, bearings must be tuned." I think that definition is unnecessarily convoluted. A Zombie needs to steal spin, have a bearing shaft and have a Wide Survivor/Spark Disk. Those are the only real requirements IMO.
Gahh, didn't realize I put zombie on their, I meant spin stealer. I'll be editing.
So what about Dranzer S's AR, what should I be saying about it? I can't think of much, besides describing its appearance and how fragile it is. Maybe I could mention it was designed for left smash but can't do it? IDK if thats even true, though.
(Feb. 13, 2009  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the time required was one week attached to a motor.

Beholder was always saying, "for it to be a true Zombie, bearings must be tuned." I think that definition is unnecessarily convoluted. A Zombie needs to steal spin, have a bearing shaft and have a Wide Survivor/Spark Disk. Those are the only real requirements IMO.

Wow.

Obviously, the tuning of the bearings does make a difference, does it not? I personally have never done it, so I wouldn't know how much of a difference though.
Yes, it makes a difference; a rather large one. That's why we outlawed it under standard rules.
If the rubber tip is of woulborg 2 is it still legal?
I lost the tip of mine.
(Feb. 14, 2009  12:00 AM)Raykon Wrote: If the rubber tip is of woulborg 2 is it still legal?
I lost the tip of mine.

No, it's illegal.
(Feb. 13, 2009  11:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, it makes a difference; a rather large one. That's why we outlawed it under standard rules.

That's what I thought. So I think it is fair to say that the lack of easily done bearing tuning contributed just as much as (if not, more) the circular WDs and spin direction switching of the Dual Shooter did to the de-popularization of Zombies in the HMS.

Also, if tuning bearings does make a rather large difference, saying the definition of a "Zombie" is unnecessarily convoluted because the tuning of bearings is necessary doesn't make sense.
(Feb. 14, 2009  12:04 AM)Kei Wrote: Also, if tuning bearings does make a rather large difference, saying the definition of a "Zombie" is unnecessarily convoluted because the tuning of bearings is necessary doesn't make sense.

Not really. We adapted the meaning to fit our own needs. If someone had a tuned Zombie, they would specify it as a tuned Zombie. Nobody uses the term Zombie to mean tuned, so it's silly to try and force it.
(Feb. 14, 2009  12:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not really. We adapted the meaning to fit our own needs. If someone had a tuned Zombie, they would specify it as a tuned Zombie. Nobody uses the term Zombie to mean tuned, so it's silly to try and force it.

Really? I have never seen anybody use the term "tuned" Zombie. If this term is supposed to be used though, then what would a Spin Stealer be? A synonym for Zombie?

And going back to what you said about bearing tuning not being essential to a "Zombie", even on the wiki article it even says it is; "To make a true zombie the bearings on your beyblade must be tuned." Though, not sure who it was that wrote this.
(Feb. 14, 2009  12:36 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2009  12:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not really. We adapted the meaning to fit our own needs. If someone had a tuned Zombie, they would specify it as a tuned Zombie. Nobody uses the term Zombie to mean tuned, so it's silly to try and force it.

Really? I have never seen anybody use the term "tuned" Zombie. If this term is supposed to be used though, then what would a Spin Stealer be? A synonym for Zombie?

And going back to what you said about bearing tuning not being essential to a "Zombie", even on the wiki article it even says it is; "To make a true zombie the bearings on your beyblade must be tuned." Though, not sure who it was that wrote this.

I don't remember who wrote that, but it was based off of the Damashii article. And you don't see the term "tuned Zombie" because nobody tunes their bearings because it's a pain in the carp.

Spin stealers/pseudo-Zombies/Zombie-likes are Beyblades that try to emulate the behaviour of Zombies. We see it a lot when people use Ten Wide because they don't have Wide Survivor.