Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Sep. 09, 2008  11:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2008  10:58 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2008  10:53 PM)Gotruto Wrote: i suggest, if your going to buy only 1, buy pegasis. he is the best uncustomized (Except maybe leo)

Funnily enough, it's not even because Pegasis has a strong offensive Wheel, Pegasis is basically a Sweeper.

What does "Sweeper" mean in the context of Beyblade? I've been seeing it around here lately.
Sorry, my fault. I called it that for lack of a better term.

(Sep. 10, 2008  12:10 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Uh, who is coming up with these new types of attack?
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:14 AM)Gotruto Wrote: for 1: takara-tomy. for 2: people who are bored and are trying to make new ideas.
Again, me.

Okay.
In my mind, a Sweeper would be a Beyblade that moves about the stadium, knocking/deflecting/pushing Beyblades out of the stadium.

There was a combo that involved Trypio's AR and an Attack-style base (it basically pushed other Beyblades out of the arena)...and along with Pegasis105F, those two would be what I would call a "Sweeper". It "sweeps the stadium and knocks Beyblades out of the stadium, but not with smash/upper/other Attack Style. Pegasis105F is a "Sweeper", since Pegasis's Wheel doesn't seem to excel in Smash or Upper, but rather, defense.

If you wanted to be general about it, you could say a Beyblade with a high movement Base and a Defense-oriented AR/Wheel is a "Sweeper."
[/explanation]

If this attack style has another term, or doesn't make sense, feel free to call me out on it; I'll stop using it if it causes confusion. The term "Sweeper" makes the most sense, to me, though.
im pretty sure another term is "Heavy attacker" (Which i believe was a quick Beyblade with a heavy AR) if thats what you consider defencive.
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:28 AM)Gotruto Wrote: im pretty sure another term is "Heavy attacker" (Which i believe was a quick Beyblade with a heavy AR) if thats what you consider defencive.

Pretty sure that's not only a contradiction in terms (Heavy things are rarely good attackers I'm talking like Dragoon-esque blades) But it's also not really a type of beyblade or custom. I mean that's the whole idea with Gaia Dragoon and it's not very good at all IMO.
Eh, i just heard that the heavier the blade, the more powerful it hits in comparison to speed. (this was before i came here). and ive heard of it being used a couple times here.

PS: I got a booster Sagittario (Even though i ordered Booster Leo....) and didnt get a piece of Quetz, is this suppose to happen?
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:39 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Eh, i just heard that the heavier the blade, the more powerful it hits in comparison to speed. (this was before i came here). and ive heard of it being used a couple times here.

PS: I got a booster Sagittario (Even though i ordered Booster Leo....) and didnt get a piece of Quetz, is this suppose to happen?

http://beywiki.com/index.php/Smash_Attack
http://beywiki.com/index.php/Upper_Attack

Smash attack blades rely more on speed than weight.
Upper attack blades need high spin velocity and therefore should be heavier than smash attack beyblades.

I think I might take time to rewrite the upper attack article.
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:39 AM)Gotruto Wrote: PS: I got a booster Sagittario (Even though i ordered Booster Leo....) and didnt get a piece of Quetz, is this suppose to happen?

It is possible to not get any of it's parts in a Booster, I believe.
Really? Upper attack requires weight? i always used a 10-Wide with it.

PS: that stinks, im probably going to call toywiz and get a Free leo booster (Im pretty sure they would give me it for free because of the mistake, if i showed them the receipt, which i will) (BOTH internet and the actuall receipt say Booster Leo)
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:42 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:39 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Eh, i just heard that the heavier the blade, the more powerful it hits in comparison to speed. (this was before i came here). and ive heard of it being used a couple times here.

http://beywiki.com/index.php/Smash_Attack
http://beywiki.com/index.php/Upper_Attack

Smash attack blades rely more on speed than weight.
Upper attack blades need high spin velocity and therefore should be heavier than smash attack beyblades.

I think I might take time to rewrite the upper attack article.

you should do that, i was going to do that but then i got lazy and didn't
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:46 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Really? Upper attack requires weight? i always used a 10-Wide with it.

If you think about it, it makes sense: Upper Attack needs to be heavy enough to not just be deflected when it tries to lift the opponent. Essentially, an Upper Attack Beyblade performs best when it's heavier than the opponent, but not heavy enough to be rooted in place.

At least, that's how I see it, there may be some other explanation for it.
Wouldnt s[pinning more also increase the chance of upper attack?
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:05 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Wouldnt s[pinning more also increase the chance of upper attack?

... yes?

What's your point?
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:05 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Wouldnt s[pinning more also increase the chance of upper attack?

Spinning is essential to a beyblade's performance.
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:19 AM)Synesthesia Wrote:

Spinning is essential to a beyblade's performance.

Chief - Idea!
Ill re-ask this question again, since there isnt a current other topic here

What do you think is better for Sagittario125? S or SF? Endurance: SF: 100% / S: 147% (Based on the same stadium/launcher/ripcord for Solo spin time). I dont think there is a way to compare defence (unless some1 can explain why SF has more friction than S)
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:34 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Ill re-ask this question again, since there isnt a current other topic here

What do you think is better for Sagittario125? S or SF? Endurance: SF: 100% / S: 147% (Based on the same stadium/launcher/ripcord for Solo spin time). I dont think there is a way to compare defence (unless some1 can explain why SF has more friction than S)

I honestly can never understand what you are talking about.
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I honestly can never understand what you are talking about.

I second this.

Gotruto, try to dumb down your posts for us normal people.
OK *Huge wall of text*

Wait, make it simpler? OH i thought you were saying explain.

OK so basicly the Sharp has 1/2 of the Semi-flats endurance added to the Semi-Flats Endurance. But the Semi-Flat appears to have more friction and thus doesnt get knocked into a pocket as easily.
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:47 AM)Gotruto Wrote: OK *Huge wall of text*

Wait, make it simpler? OH i thought you were saying explain.

OK so basicly the Sharp has 1/2 of the Semi-flats endurance added to the Semi-Flats Endurance. But the Semi-Flat appears to have more friction and thus doesnt get knocked into a pocket as easily.

in that case, what do you want more, stamina or balance

this will determine which one is better
*Thinks* Well, since its ALREADY almost impossible to not be knocked into a hole (On the new stadium) and being that the middle of it will be the safest place, i would have to say Stamina. then ill use S. Also the funny thing is, that if you attack some1 with a S tip with a low beyblade, then the S tip can make you jump on them for like half a second.
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:57 AM)Gotruto Wrote: *Thinks* Well, since its ALREADY almost impossible to not be knocked into a hole (On the new stadium) and being that the middle of it will be the safest place, i would have to say Stamina. then ill use S. Also the funny thing is, that if you attack some1 with a S tip with a low beyblade, then the S tip can make you jump on them for like half a second.

Wouldn't A stamina blade be the lightest and so the easiest to knock out? None of them can effectively avoid being knocked yet, because we don't have a grip tip yet. i think.
My point was that they are ALL easy to knock out. WS would be the hardest but its still possible (Ive seen Saggitarrio knock out leo in videos) And still, it stays in the middle, which is where attack beyblades wont go to as easily.
What I'm saying is that there is no real point in trying to make a combo that doesnt get knocked as easy since they can so easily that it wouldn't make much difference.
yah thjats my point. At the moment it is almost impossible for MFB battle without knockouts. So in the choice of "A little less chance of being knocked out" VS "Dodges attacks and can outlast" the second one is better. so right now, defence is pretty much worthless.
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:05 AM)Gotruto Wrote: yah thjats my point. At the moment it is almost impossible for MFB battle without knockouts. So in the choice of "A little less chance of being knocked out" VS "Dodges attacks and can outlast" the second one is better. so right now, defence is pretty much worthless.

Thats not what you originally said, was it? Explain what you meant by your original question, then, because either you contradicted yourself or I never got your original question. =/
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:05 AM)Gotruto Wrote: yah thjats my point. At the moment it is almost impossible for MFB battle without knockouts.

I hope this problem (well, not really if were speaking in terms of Attack types) will be amended when the Balance Stadium is released. It clearly has smaller openings.