Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Well, there's already a Detroit thread, so no need to post a topic about it. It's better to use the Search Function to see if there are any threads like the one you want to create...

You're relatively new, so you shouldn't be trying to post topics for a while, anyway...
You should use the Questions about the WBO thread next time, as this thread is for questions about the hobby.
(Jul. 15, 2012  6:41 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: The rules state that if a launcher is needed to be replaced, its substitute must be of the same spin-direction (or in the case of Beylauncher/Light Launcher L/R's, set to the same spin-direction).

(Jul. 15, 2012  8:29 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: So I have to intentionally break a launcher to be allowed to switch but it is technically legal?

(Jul. 15, 2012  9:06 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Well, if it breaks, then yes. If you wish to deliberately sabotage yourself for a handicap, go ahead, though, it's far more practical to have a spare on hand at tournaments.

Okay, I laughed pretty hard at this exchange. I had the exact same thought as Dracomageat, haha!

So no launching my Gravity right if I launched it left the first time, correct?
Why the hell would you break your launcher ? You do realise that you do not have only one or two matches at a tournament ?
Does Hasbro's VariAres can left spin?
(Jul. 16, 2012  3:12 AM)Nuts Wrote: Does Hasbro's VariAres can left spin?

Yes it does.
On the topic of breaking launchers (which is a bad idea), is it legal to remove the card holder from the 3-segment grip? It gets in the way either of the Beylauncher L/R's unused prong cap or my hand when I'm launching, but I don't want to do it if it makes the grip illegal.

Also, this was brought up a few pages back I think, but I don't remember what was said and I'm not sure how to search for this: on the instruction sheets for the 3 segment grip and the grip extension, is it recommending you put batteries in the grips? It says you can put some cylinder into either, and the only thing I can think of would be a battery.
Is Orion a good substitute for Elscolpio, and good in general, on Flash?
What is up with the Hasbro variares did they make the yellow plastic rubber or did they just color it red
I have a 3 segment launcher for Beyblade and I have both Light and Bey Launchers. However, the 3 segment grip improves aim, so should I use a Bey Launcher with moderate aim or a Light Launcher with a good aim?
Well, there's nothing like that a 3-segment improves aim. It all depends on how comfortable you are with it. You can get equally good aim with both launchers, if you are comfortable with them. If you aren't, then practice will help you very well.

So the argument about precision is over. Now, considering that a Beylauncher is unarguably better than a Light Launcher; use a Light Launcher.
(Jul. 16, 2012  6:18 AM)Ingulit Wrote: On the topic of breaking launchers (which is a bad idea), is it legal to remove the card holder from the 3-segment grip? It gets in the way either of the Beylauncher L/R's unused prong cap or my hand when I'm launching, but I don't want to do it if it makes the grip illegal.

Also, this was brought up a few pages back I think, but I don't remember what was said and I'm not sure how to search for this: on the instruction sheets for the 3 segment grip and the grip extension, is it recommending you put batteries in the grips? It says you can put some cylinder into either, and the only thing I can think of would be a battery.

Not really ... Is it really not comfortable if you rotate it, like by putting it more towards your opponent ?

(Jul. 16, 2012  6:38 AM)Beyblade mau5 Wrote: What is up with the Hasbro variares did they make the yellow plastic rubber or did they just color it red

It is not rubber at all.
(Jul. 16, 2012  6:18 AM)Ingulit Wrote: On the topic of breaking launchers (which is a bad idea), is it legal to remove the card holder from the 3-segment grip? It gets in the way either of the Beylauncher L/R's unused prong cap or my hand when I'm launching, but I don't want to do it if it makes the grip illegal.

You could always rearrange the segments so that the slider mechanism for the card holder will move forward, away from both your hand AND the L/R cap, which is how I have mine set up. This configuration is also much better for Sliding Shoot, in my experience.

And, it's only recommended if you want your grip to be heavier. If you do not have trouble launching sturdy as it is, you shouldn't bother, but it's no real difference anyway.
I'm curious about something: WHen I was putting the stickers on my new MF Vulcan Horuseus, I noticed that four of the Clear Wheel stickers read "Extreme Attack". Could it be that Takara-Tomy saw Vulcan's potential as an Attack Wheel, thus the "Extreme Attack" stickers?
(Jul. 16, 2012  1:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Why the hell would you break your launcher? You do realise that you do not have only one or two matches at a tournament?

My launcher of choice is an LL2 due to the fact that it has more power than a standard ripcord launcher and does not have the annoying tendancy to shoot backwards like the string based launchers.

The wheel I use, however, is Basalt. Basalt has a unique roundness that allows it to be launched at an 85 degree angle through the center of the stadium and KO just about anything on its return, returning to standard orientation during the collision. This move is risky so I reserve it for no win situations.

The problem is, this move can only be achieved with the more sturdy L/R LL2, which is far from ideal for regular launches.

So what you are saying means that, should my wide arsenal of standard launches fail to achieve the desired results durin a late round, I can stamp on my LL2 and swap to the L/R version but, so long as my regular LL2 is intact, the swap is illegal.

This actively encourages me to break my launchers. Perhaps not enough for me to actually do it but it is still an effect that these rules are not supposed to have.
If you stamp on your launcher, obviously you will be looked at as insane and you will be disqualified ... At least for that match.
That's not a disqualification that's written in the rules but I can see your reasoning.
My point remains though. Should a situation arise where a launcher swap is beneficial, the rules premote the destruction of one's launcher. That seems bad.
(Jul. 16, 2012  5:35 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: I'm curious about something: WHen I was putting the stickers on my new MF Vulcan Horuseus, I noticed that four of the Clear Wheel stickers read "Extreme Attack". Could it be that Takara-Tomy saw Vulcan's potential as an Attack Wheel, thus the "Extreme Attack" stickers?

The stickers generally tend to mean absolutely nothing. It is just a coincidence if they line up with reality.

(Jul. 16, 2012  6:39 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: That's not a disqualification that's written in the rules but I can see your reasoning.
My point remains though. Should a situation arise where a launcher swap is beneficial, the rules premote the destruction of one's launcher. That seems bad.

I'd disqualify anyone I saw deliberately breaking their parts or anyone else's. It's poor sportsmanship at best, and cheating at worst.
I don't think anyone is arguing that breaking your own stuff isn't poor sportsmanship (or just dumb in general). It's just a tiny loophole in the ruleset, and loopholes should be addressed as long as addressing them doesn't make the ruleset overly long/confusing. Yeah, most (if not all) judges would disqualify if they saw this happen, but it's never a bad thing to make sure the troll who breaks their own parts doesn't go "But itz not in da rools!"
How is it "poor sportsmaship"? It's a clear attempt to abuse rules (not quite cheating but close) and, as people have said, outright dumb but, so long as you aren't harming anyone else's stuff or doing it out of rage, that doesn't really constitute what I'd call "poor sportsmanship".

Guess I have to use an L/R launcher for single spin beys...
It's a clear attempt to abuse rules and

So it's poor sportsmanship.

Gotcha.
(Jul. 16, 2012  7:19 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: How is it "poor sportsmaship"? It's a clear attempt to abuse rules (not quite cheating but close) and, as people have said, outright dumb but, so long as you aren't harming anyone else's stuff or doing it out of rage, that doesn't really constitute what I'd call "poor sportsmanship".

Guess I have to use an L/R launcher for single spin beys...
It downright comes to this, you will be wasting a perfectly good launcher if you do that.
Does anybody know a good attack combo u can make with:
wing pegasus
varie aries
cyber pegasus
Ldrago guardian
(Jul. 16, 2012  7:28 PM)Andy12 Wrote: Does anybody know a good attack combo u can make with:
wing pegasus
varie aries
cyber pegasus
Ldrago guardian
Please use "Build Me A Combo #2" so we can make you your best combos.