Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Read above. You use "recoil" to talk about the knockback a bey recieves and thus picture it as a totally negative attribute, despite it being strongly linked to the knockback given, a positive atribute also potentially classifiable as "recoil".

Galaxy induces more knockback than Midnight overall but recieves less of it itself due to its greater weight.
Is there an aesthetic difference with Takaratomy's Basalt and Hasbro's "Twisted?"
According to Dark_Mousy, there's a slight weight difference, but other than that I don't know of any differences.
(Jan. 04, 2012  7:51 PM)Kaiba Wrote: According to Dark_Mousy, there's a slight weight difference, but other than that I don't know of any differences.

What is the weight difference? Is it heavier or lighter than the original Basalt?
(Jan. 04, 2012  8:16 PM)Ryu-X Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2012  7:51 PM)Kaiba Wrote: According to Dark_Mousy, there's a slight weight difference, but other than that I don't know of any differences.

What is the weight difference? Is it heavier or lighter than the original Basalt?

No. A data based on 1 or 2 samples are definitely not conclusive enough to determine which is heavier. Dark_Mousy's case is perhaps true, but by no means it represents all Twisteds and Basalts in general. On the contrary, I have 2 Twisteds that weigh more or less the same as Basalts, and weighed 4 more other Twisteds for comparison sake, which resulted in similar weights as Basalt.

As it stands now, they weigh the same with slight deviation in both positive and negative value.
(Jan. 04, 2012  7:28 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Read above. You use "recoil" to talk about the knockback a bey recieves and thus picture it as a totally negative attribute, despite it being strongly linked to the knockback given, a positive atribute also potentially classifiable as "recoil".

Galaxy induces more knockback than Midnight overall but recieves less of it itself due to its greater weight.

How could recoil be the "positive reaction" as well ? In physics, there are vectors. Recoil is the vector that represents how an object is sent backwards. The "positive reaction" is what is sometimes referred to as Smash.
what uses does the wide attack weight disk have?
TBH, it'x so difficult to aquire nowdays, that it's hard to tell. It's too rare for anyone to know how it does, neither does the search engine give any clues. I expect it's useless though given the shape.
(Jan. 04, 2012  9:09 PM)Poseidon Wrote: TBH, it'x so difficult to aquire nowdays, that it's hard to tell. It's too rare for anyone to know how it does, neither does the search engine give any clues. I expect it's useless though given the shape.

thanks, also would getting it in the shiny blue be worth more than the original colour?
(Jan. 04, 2012  8:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: How could recoil be the "positive reaction" as well ? In physics, there are vectors. Recoil is the vector that represents how an object is sent backwards. The "positive reaction" is what is sometimes referred to as Smash.

Both beyblades participate in the collision. Both of them recoil. What you refer to as "smash" is merely the recoil of the opposing bey.

Looking at things from the other side, one could easily claim that, rather than Midnight having terrible recoil, its target has increadible smash. Sure, this an illogical viewpoint to take since Midnight has terrible recoil against everything, not just one opponent, but it is still a viable interpretation of the scenario, since "recoil" and "smash" are nothing more than two sides of the same phenomena.

I am not trying to claim that your terminology is wrong per se, only to help people understand that increasing one's recoil will generally do the same for smash (though adding weight will increase smash and lower recoil). Whether this is beneficial or not depends on the exact circumstances but generally, rubber tips will get a greater increase in smash per unit increase in recoil than plastic ones do.
Is it possible to use a Metal Fusion Launcher with a Hard Metal System Beyblade?
(Jan. 05, 2012  12:17 AM)XMajinVegetaX Wrote: Is it possible to use a Metal Fusion Launcher with a Hard Metal System Beyblade?

You could but I don't think so
No, you can't. The method of attaching the bey and the system as a whole is completely different.
I know that's what I said I was trying to say that you can't but you can but it's a illegal
Question: Anyone know any good hasbro beyblade sellers on the WBO?
(Jan. 05, 2012  12:32 AM)Hyper27 Wrote: Question: Anyone know any good hasbro beyblade sellers on the WBO?

I do I will send you a list of them if they don't have what you need send me a PM and I'll try to find more people
Does anyone know if Hasbro R145 is made out of plastic rather than rubber? I own it, and it doesn't seem very rubbery exactly. Also opens up for different combinations if you ask me!
It is made out of rubber.
It's rubber alright... the floor scrapes stop it instantly which means it has rubber (think) a lot of friction involved to do that)
R145 has to be made out of rubber because the name is Rubber145 so its made of rubber
Ok thanks! Mine is just really hard then, because I've seen others able to squeeze their's, and mine is not squeezable.

EDIT: Given it was only a few dollars more, it was worth it anyway, but is this an official takara stadium? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-4D-Taka...20be7160e4
It probably doesn't feel like rubber because most rubber tips and spin tracks are all very hard and some rubber tips and spin tracks are like plastic
(Jan. 05, 2012  1:35 AM)Gibraltor Wrote: EDIT: Given it was only a few dollars more, it was worth it anyway, but is this an official takara stadium? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-4D-Taka...20be7160e4

no the beyblade is real but the stadium is fake
(Jan. 05, 2012  1:35 AM)Gibraltor Wrote: Ok thanks! Mine is just really hard then, because I've seen others able to squeeze their's, and mine is not squeezable.

EDIT: Given it was only a few dollars more, it was worth it anyway, but is this an official takara stadium? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-4D-Taka...20be7160e4

That stadium is fake, and some R145s are just harder than others. You will really rethink "it was worth it" after you use that particular fake stadium.
Haha, well it was like $5 more, and I already have my attack stadium. I'll more than likely give it to a friend.
Thanks for clearing that up!