Ask a question, get an answer! #2

What do you meanby balance types dont exist? They are few in number, but still existant

Generaly, you will see several types of balance types

Attack-Stamina types focus primarily on attacking while sustaning longer spin time. However, the trade off is that stamina is less than a topp tier stamina type, and power is less than a top tier attack type. As a result, this style is generaly not used competativly

Attack-Defense combos are similar. They retain good grip to the stadium floor, are heavier, and still use mild attack patterns. Stamina on these combos are better than attack types or defense types alone (generally) but any half decent pure stamina type can beat it, and again, attack power is sacrificed. The goood news here is that combos that fall under this cateagory have found some use in the meta.

Stamina-Defense is the most common and useful balance type. Alot of times, defense and stamina attributes go hand and hand, and alot of times, the difference between a stamina and defense combo varies with a single part. (ex SD vs WD) However like the other combination types, do not try to even out the stats, because then your bey wont be strong enough in one area to win a battle. (that goes for all balance types)

Balance types with even attributes from all 3 types are the worst. There is not enough strength in any one area to effectively win a battle
No, actually they are not at all balance types. They are supposed to be passive attackers but they are non-existant in the MFB meta.
Attack/Defense is really just anti-attack, IMO. I enjoy using Attack/Stamina combos, and you're right that they really aren't all that great.
But your paragraph on Stamina/Defense?
That nullifies the credibility of the rest of your post. Neither SD nor WD are Defense tips. Also, ALL defense types need at least some stamina to OS Attack types, or at least live long enough to get the attacker to self-KO. Also, you say "alot" about ten times, and that's just plain annoying.

@N0body:
Destabilizers do exist in MFB, but they aren't really useful much of the time. Escolpio is a destabilizer of sorts...
Generally, attack-defense combos will be destabilizers. Anti-attack defense combos is just a different style of defense
Destabilisers were low combos destabilising taller ones so no they aren't in that context. Anti attack aren't a different type of defence since they act nothing like a defence type should.
(Apr. 11, 2012  7:29 PM)dude_31415 Wrote: Attack/Defense is really just anti-attack, IMO. I enjoy using Attack/Stamina combos, and you're right that they really aren't all that great.
But your paragraph on Stamina/Defense?
That nullifies the credibility of the rest of your post. Neither SD nor WD are Defense tips. Also, ALL defense types need at least some stamina to OS Attack types, or at least live long enough to get the attacker to self-KO. Also, you say "alot" about ten times, and that's just plain annoying.

@N0body:
Destabilizers do exist in MFB, but they aren't really useful much of the time. Escolpio is a destabilizer of sorts...

He meant that, at times, the difference between a defense type and a stamina type is its bottom. Hell Kerbecs BD145CS...defense. Hell Kerbecs BD145WD...BOOM! Stamina type.
So then how would one define anti-attack? Janstarblast did describe anti-attack as a defense type so I am going off that, unless I am misinterpreting what he ment, or we are botth wrong. Then again, being on a more aggresive tip, it does technicaly make it a Attack-Defesne balance type, kind of.

Sorry I was thinking plastic destabalizers, you know that time when SF tips that werent rubber were still useful? haha (unless recent MFB research on destabalizers show that SF has use again, but with RSF I doubt it)
Destabilizers ain't no thing. No thing. Forget about them. Forget you've ever heard that word. I've made the same mistake. Just forget about them. Just Attack, Defense, and Stamina. Forget about them. No thing.

Haha, here hopefully I can help you guys clear things up. I'll split it up into each category which then will be divided up. Keep in mind that this is my perspesctive, and I may very well be completely wrong.

Attack

In my opinion, it's a combo that moves around a lot. That's it.

Smash Attack
- Attack-Attack (I used the word Attack twice to make it more clear for the next ones. It's just Pure Attack. I just mean that standard RF smash attacker we think about. Example- Blitz 85R2F)
-Attack-Stamina (using XF or MF and similar Bottoms. Think MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF)
-Attack-Defense (A heavy RF combo, with little recoil, but still has Attacking power. Example- outdated, but Rock CH120RF is the best example I have)
-Anti-Attack (A round Metal Wheel, no recoil (or as close as possible), that uses RF. the reason it's in Attack is because it's under the silly definition I gave for Attack Types in general. Example-MF Basalt R145RF)

Upper Attack
-same divisions as Smash Attack (Attack-Attack, Attack-Stamina, Attack-Defense, Anti-Attack)

Force Smash
-same divisions again.

I don't necessarily think that the words "Attack-___" are the best fitting, in my opinion the correct words are the ones I used in my old thread called Attack vs Attack or Types of Attack of something like that. That's just my opinion though.

Defense
A combo with less Stamina than a Stamina Type, and is designed to withstand Attacks.

Grip Based Defense
Use a rubber Bottom that doesn't move around like an Attack Type. Example- Death BD145RDF

Weight Based Defense
Uses sheer weight to survive hits. Plastic Bottom. Example- Duo 230MB

Weight and Grip Based Defense
The only reason I put this here is because the only difference between the two other ones in MFB is usually just a simple Bottom change that doesn't make a drastic change in weight. So, uses a Rubber Bottom that doesn't move like an Attack type and survives hits with sheer weight. Example- Duo BD145CS

Stamina
Designed to outspin. Get it out of your head that it is to spin as long as possible.

-Stamina-Stamina (Or Pure Stamina. I know, I Know, I said not to say this, but it's just to spin as long as possible. Example- Phantom B:D )
-Stamina-Defense (A stamina type that uses a rubber bottom, and a stamina metal wheel. Example- Phantom TH170CS)
-Stamina-Attack (I'm a bit iffy about adding this one, but I believe Phantom and burn make the exception. Stamina combo that uses a Metal Wheel that causes recoil for the opposing beyblade. Not the same thing as Attack-Stamina. Example- Phantom TH170D)

So that's all my perspective, and very condensed too. Feel free to disagree or whatever!

Edit:forgot about Balance, haha. In my opinion, it's only balance if it combines all three traits that fit the silly definitions I gave for Attack, Defense, and Stamina.
What is the point of not putting a Metal Wheel on a Beyblade?
EDIT: I think I need to clarify. Lately I have been seeing or hearing about Beyblades that simply have Face, CW, Track, and Tip without a Metal Wheel (EG: Aquila 125SF). These sound like terrible combinations, even worse then light wheels, so why use them?
(Apr. 11, 2012  3:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2012  3:31 PM)ZX Wrote: hey guys i need you help on wednsday the 4th april i ordered two items from beyblade japan (japanlinked) anyways i got emails saying they had been purchased with there purchase number and confirming that they were purchased any way i have had no email saying they were shipped i have tried contacting him threw hes website hes youtube wbo and facebook but no responce is there any other way to contact him also has this happend to u before PLZ HELP MEH!

Which items did you purchase there ?

BBG-03 start dash set EMS. BB-10 attack stadium EMS
Hey I Just bought a Beyblade triple pack of team gan gan galaxy that includes Earth Eagle Ray Striker and Galaxy Pegasus. But the weird part is that ray striker had an evil fusion wheel instead of a ray and I havent opend it could it Be valuble because of the mistake

I wouldn't say it's valuable, to be honest. If you haven't opened it, take it back to wherever you bought it from and tell them that there was something incorrect in it. That is, if you want Ray instead of Evil.
(Apr. 12, 2012  1:07 AM)GM Phantom Wrote: What is the point of not putting a Metal Wheel on a Beyblade?
EDIT: I think I need to clarify. Lately I have been seeing or hearing about Beyblades that simply have Face, CW, Track, and Tip without a Metal Wheel (EG: Aquila 125SF). These sound like terrible combinations, even worse then light wheels, so why use them?

You can not have no metal wheel on a beyblade, and if you do have one, it's illegal by WBO rules.

The example you talked about is a beyblade part of the "Metal System", however Aquila is not a wheel in that system. Things like Pegasis 105F have only 4 parts to them, (Face, Wheel, Track, Bottom) which completely skips the "Clear Wheel" portion you're used to in HWS [Hybrid Wheel System].

Hasbro hasn't decided to release the metal system, while Takara-Tomy and Sonokong has; this may be the reason why you're unfamiliar with it.
(Apr. 12, 2012  1:42 AM)RemyX1 Wrote: Hey I Just bought a Beyblade triple pack of team gan gan galaxy that includes Earth Eagle Ray Striker and Galaxy Pegasus. But the weird part is that ray striker had an evil fusion wheel instead of a ray and I havent opend it could it Be valuble because of the mistake

If u saw the killer wheel instead of ray why did u buy it or did u want the killer wheel?
(Apr. 12, 2012  1:42 AM)RemyX1 Wrote: Hey I Just bought a Beyblade triple pack of team gan gan galaxy that includes Earth Eagle Ray Striker and Galaxy Pegasus. But the weird part is that ray striker had an evil fusion wheel instead of a ray and I havent opend it could it Be valuble because of the mistake
Does it even have the Takara tomy or Sonokong or even Hasbro signs? I doubt not.
In my knowledge, There is no triple pack that Includes does beys, So it isn't valuable....
There's a Gan Gan Galaxy set which has those three.. Couldbe a manufacturing error.
There is a GanGan Galaxy set Blood, haha. It has the third mold of R2F in it, which is pretty sweet. As for your problem RemyX1, first thing you should do it to check if it has the Hasbro logo on it. If it doesn't, then sadly, it is a fake. But if it IS in fact real, you can try to get a replacement from Hasbro's website.
dosent the gan gan galaxy set have four beys in it
We were talking about this one:
[Image: A5AF9D925056900B10F4B1C443FFD929.jpg]
When is RF illegal for organised play?
what is diablo nemesis's 4D bottom do?