Ask a question, get an answer! #2

How do weight affect a bey's spin time?
(Feb. 11, 2012  5:23 AM)TnkP Wrote: What does weight have to do with stamina?

Usually you do not want something heavy, but you want most of its weight to be concentrated at its circumference. This creates a Flywheel Effect that increases the rotation slightly, or, alternatively, it prolongs its rotation more than if the weight was all in the centre of the Beyblade.
Weight has a lot to do with stamina. For Phantom + Duo, the heavier wheel will win. For stamina wheels in general, the weight needs to be distributed evenly for a good stamina wheel.
(Feb. 11, 2012  5:25 AM)kbuno50 Wrote: Weight has a lot to do with stamina. For Phantom + Duo, the heavier wheel will win. For stamina wheels in general, the weight needs to be distributed evenly for a good stamina wheel.

Actually, there could be only two focal points of weight on the circumference of a Wheel, and it would probably work well anyway.
(Feb. 11, 2012  4:51 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I do strongly believe that Storm deserved its place in the top tiers. When Ray came along, of course not, but before that, it definitely did.

Pegasis, Leone, Quetz, Lightning L Drago, Saggitario and perhaps even LDrago.

I disagree based on them.
(Feb. 11, 2012  5:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2012  5:25 AM)kbuno50 Wrote: Weight has a lot to do with stamina. For Phantom + Duo, the heavier wheel will win. For stamina wheels in general, the weight needs to be distributed evenly for a good stamina wheel.

Actually, there could be only two focal points of weight on the circumference of a Wheel, and it would probably work well anyway.

That kind of depends. Oval shaped parts are notorious for poor balance and terrible stamina, in plastics (the first two Gaia Dragoon AR's, for example, as well as Draciel S's base), and in MFB (GB145).

I forget why exactly, but in practice it's never, ever worked well.
(Feb. 11, 2012  7:54 AM)th!nk Wrote: That kind of depends. Oval shaped parts are notorious for poor balance and terrible stamina, in plastics (the first two Gaia Dragoon AR's, for example, as well as Draciel S's base), and in MFB (GB145).

I forget why exactly, but in practice it's never, ever worked well.

GB145 is not really a huge factor compared to a Metal Wheel though.
Yes, but having two points where the majority of weight is located would, as far as I know, cause the same issues that oval shaped/distributed parts have. I was just using GB145 and the plastic parts as an example.

That said, we all know from the physics thread that my understanding of physics as a whole isn't particularly sound, I'm just speaking from my experience with parts where the weight is focussed on two points.
Is GB145 not bad because it is wide and it can stop precession more easily ?
Hm, yeah, I just did some limited solo spins with oval shaped parts and distributions, and they actually seemed to do slightly better than more circular distributions and so on.

I based what I said on things I've seen written multiple times, and the oval-distributed setups did appear less stable, but they had significantly better precession. Obviously, in battle, oval shapes create more recoil than circular ones (perhaps that is the cause?), but in terms of the distribution itself, it doesn't seem to affect stamina, so a circle with all the weight placed on two parallel points would probably work fine.

My apologies, Kai-V.

As for gb145, a lot of factors (scraping, free-moving balls worsening instability, etc etc) make it not work, but apparently the one I thought played a large part was not one of them.
Now GB145 sounds not worth the money anymore. Geez.......

What is the best Defensive track instead (Except BD145)?
(Feb. 11, 2012  2:52 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Now GB145 sounds not worth the money anymore. Geez.......

What is the best Defensive track instead (Except BD145)?

What is the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos Thread?

PS: There goes a kitten.

Would metal assist fit on a launcher grip that has grip rubber?
(Feb. 11, 2012  3:13 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: This one? Or am I wrong again?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Tier...d-27-12-11

Is it called "Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos"? No? Then it's probably not the right thread.

The thread you'd be after is linked in your introductory PM, the FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD, stickied in the Customizations Forum, and is the most recently posted-in topic in the Advanced Forum, as well as being posted in numerous other places around the site.

Seriously, 998 posts without being even remotely aware of this? Really?
Yeah, probably because I never noticed that how much posts I have posted and my brain got washed by the godd*mned Hong Kong 334 learning scheme......
(PS: I thought that the thread is in the second thread of the forum, so that's why I couldn't find it.)
9PS 2: It seems that the track I'm asking is TH170.)
Is there a known mold difference between the inferno byxis ch120 and the dark cancer ch120?
(Feb. 11, 2012  11:30 PM)Bio438 Wrote: Is there a known mold difference between the inferno byxis ch120 and the dark cancer ch120?

Not enough people have brought it up to consider it a different mold, but I have both, and the CH120 I have from Inferno Byxis doesn't rattle as much as my other CH120s. The locking mechanism almost feels like TH170 from Beat Lynx.
(Feb. 11, 2012  3:15 PM)Cheeseburger Wrote: Would metal assist fit on a launcher grip that has grip rubber?
Yeah, it would. I have all the launcher accessories and it fits.
Which is a better choice of metal wheel for general defense combos, Death or Basalt/Twisted?
(Feb. 12, 2012  4:51 AM)bladerjosh1994 Wrote: Which is a better choice of metal wheel for general defense combos, Death or Basalt/Twisted?

That question belongs in the "Build me a combo!" topic.
(Feb. 12, 2012  4:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2012  4:51 AM)bladerjosh1994 Wrote: Which is a better choice of metal wheel for general defense combos, Death or Basalt/Twisted?

That question belongs in the "Build me a combo!" topic.

sorry my mistake
(Feb. 12, 2012  1:23 AM)Byser Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2012  11:30 PM)Bio438 Wrote: Is there a known mold difference between the inferno byxis ch120 and the dark cancer ch120?

Not enough people have brought it up to consider it a different mold, but I have both, and the CH120 I have from Inferno Byxis doesn't rattle as much as my other CH120s. The locking mechanism almost feels like TH170 from Beat Lynx.

Really? My CH120 from Inferno Byxis rattles a lot. So the CH120s may or may not be rattly?
Yes. There is sample to sample variation in the manufacturing process, so some will rattle and some will not.
Can the Metal Faces from the UDXS be customized. If so, how do you do it?
Hello, I bought a diablo nemisis and I do not know what the modes do, could someone please tell me? I posted it in the diablo discussion thread but the posters just ignored my question.
(Feb. 12, 2012  1:41 PM)Stealth Serpent Wrote: Can the Metal Faces from the UDXS be customized. If so, how do you do it?
There is a plastic face that can be split into two as well as a metal face. You just switch up the parts and boom! Customized!