Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Is it a2 mode Phantom needs more stamina?
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:12 PM)phoen1x Wrote: Is it a2 mode Phantom needs more stamina?

The molds aren't really what makes the difference. There seem to be more bad/good B: D's in certain mold groups but that could just be chance. As for Phantom's own stamina, that's more down to weight, which is random, and not mold based, as far as I know.
Are there any parts that enhance the effect of downforce? DF145, T125, and DF105's effects are negligible, but are thier any flywheel effect combos that have good synnerg with them? I was thinking of using Burn or Thermal based combos. I have GB145, but as was discussed on the last few pages, balance loss reults in it scrapping with the stadium floor.

Also, let us say you are given a stamina combo, Burn Bull/Aquario___WD. Sadly you only have the 3 downforce parts I named to work with. Your opponet is, let us say, an defense combo Basalt Bull/Aquario GB145WD. Which of those 3 track heights is best suited for this situation? To put this in other words, what effect does center of gravity have on downforce? I speculate that the answer is that there is very little correlation, but I want to be sure. the way I think of it is putting 2 cars, one with a high CoG and one with a low CoG, into a wind tunnel, but I am uncertain about what would happen.
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:18 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Are there any parts that enhance the effect of downforce? DF145, T125, and DF105's effects are negligible, but are thier any flywheel effect combos that have good synnerg with them? I was thinking of using Burn or Thermal based combos. I have GB145, but as was discussed on the last few pages, balance loss reults in it scrapping with the stadium floor.

Also, let us say you are given a stamina combo, Burn Bull/Aquario___WD. Sadly you only have the 3 downforce parts I named to work with. Your opponet is, let us say, an defense combo Basalt Bull/Aquario GB145WD. Which of those 3 track heights is best suited for this situation? To put this in other words, what effect does center of gravity have on downforce?

Basalt Bull/Aquario GB145WD is not a defense combo.

AD145 is the best 145-height stamina track.

Downforce and centre of gravity aren't directly related.
@Th!nk: Yeah, it does seem to be a regular MF in most respects but yeah, the source is definitely worth noting since the indentations will most likely affect performance slightly.
I want it for my Seiryu combo.

leon: I can vouch for T125's effect on plastic tipped Thermal's movement not being negligible. Small but not insignificant.
Yeah, you could probably get away with not pointing it out, though.

As for T125, eh, I really prefer D125, and height difference/the nice aerodynamics and weight distribution of AD145 generally have far more effect than the downforce parts.
Ach, not GB145. BD145 sorry

I am aware of AD145, i own it, but I was specificly asking for those parts.

I thought so. Thank you
Of those parts? Ugh, it depends on the opponent, probably DF105 or DF145. I generally avoid the three of them though.
Does RB have as much defense as CS and RDF? The tests in the Rubber Ball Discussion thread seemed to show that it had excellent defense, and stamina close to that of CS. Yet, it is left out in the Tier List. One thing I did notice however, was that there were not too many tests for it.
Who doesnt? Still the concept of downforce has always interested me, as well as updraft, but it doesnt appear as if that concept as been integrated into beyblade yet, or if it would even serve a purpose.

I personaly prefer D125 as well. Its like a mini-Trypio wheel. Of course thats not why I prefer it. IMO, it has good synergy with Ray Unicorno, which is probobly why it was included with the original release of Ray Unicorno.

I have played around with my new Gravity Destroyer, and I am loving AD145. Although it doesnt seem as if one mode really has a signifigant difference from the other...does it?

Dracomageat: I dont understanbd. Plastic tipped? Could you re-word that for me?

(Jan. 08, 2012  8:07 PM)Imperial Wrote: Does RB have as much defense as CS and RDF? The tests in the Rubber Ball Discussion thread seemed to show that it had excellent defense, and stamina close to that of CS. Yet, it is left out in the Tier List. One thing I did notice however, was that there were not too many tests for it.

That is probobly why it has yet to go on the tier list yet; not enough testing. IMO, RB should be on the tier list, but no one has done enough testing yet
RB deserves to be top-tier IMO, it has better stamina than CS, and defense to spare. It just wasn't tested enough due to its original release as a Random Booster. Some users also had trouble preventing it from going aggro, and that was out of the few that originally tested it.

IDC what people say, RB <3. Due to those reasons, I requested Fusion 85RB in the Fusion thread and it worked very well.
We're still discussing RB and where it fits. Some people had misgivings, I don't have the part, etc.
It does need more testing, though.

leon: Lift is pretty bad for beyblades when the point is to keep spinning and stay in the arena. Using trypio's ar in left spin creates lift (which means it can "float" or fly, even, given the right setup), but once it hits the ground, that lift makes hit terribly unstable, and it quickly runs out of spin.
I personally prefer RB over CS; it seems to stay in the stadium better than CS, RS, etc. It might not be the best defense tip, but it works really well for me; won me a couple of battles at HHB 2.0 yesterday (MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145RB). ♥
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:15 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Who doesnt? Still the concept of downforce has always interested me, as well as updraft, but it doesnt appear as if that concept as been integrated into beyblade yet, or if it would even serve a purpose.

interestingly DF145, in right spin, moves air up instead of down (this is useless as it is hitting the metal wheel causing nothing to happen. if you have seen the mythbusters' ep with the bees lifting the laptop you will understand what i mean)

in left spin it should push air down though
That happened with RS as well, which I think is still top tier. Sadly extensive testing on RS and RB leads to wear, and RF-like preformance, making CS the prefered choice because of durability.

Which of the 4 modes for Gravity Destroyer are the most useful? The beywiki drafts mention the 4 modes, but it appears as if extensive testing was never done.

It appears as if the quality of Hasbro's CH120 has improved. My Inferno Byxis CH120RS doesn't seem to encounter the pitfalls the origianl Hasbro CH120 had. However mine is very rattely. Is this a common problem with CH120? Also consideringt that I will keep this combo uncustomized for the time being, should I use it at the 120 height or the 140 height? I assume that 120 would be prefered in this scenario?
RS has a huge number of weaknesses, which is why no one actually uses it. RDF is basically RS but better in every single way.

Original Hasbro CH120's were never as bad as people made out, as I've said somewhere nearing a million times now, but no one seems to actually listen, because it's not like I have plenty of experience with them or anything :l

4 modes? Gravity Perseus only has two modes, and two spin directions. You can change spin directions between rounds, but not modes. There are 3 different CW's and two or three different molds but there's only two modes.

If you mean counter mode/normal mode and right/left spin, obviously the former depends on what you want to do with gravity, and the latter one what opponent your facing/what you want to do with it. There's no "best" for everything.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:15 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Dracomageat: I dont understanbd. Plastic tipped? Could you re-word that for me?

The difference in movement is not noticeable on rubber tipped beys.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: RS has a huge number of weaknesses, which is why no one actually uses it. RDF is basically RS but better in every single way.

Original Hasbro CH120's were never as bad as people made out, as I've said somewhere nearing a million times now, but no one seems to actually listen, because it's not like I have plenty of experience with them or anything :l

4 modes? Gravity Perseus only has two modes, and two spin directions. You can change spin directions between rounds, but not modes. There are 3 different CW's and two or three different molds but there's only two modes.

If you mean counter mode/normal mode and right/left spin, obviously the former depends on what you want to do with gravity, and the latter one what opponent your facing/what you want to do with it. There's no "best" for everything.

I had completely forgotten that Perseus has 3 CW styles...asuming that I keep my Gravity Destroyer uncustomizerd for a while, then I should leave it in Defense mode, and I should switch spin direction as I see fit. Hopefuly, when/if I am able to I pick up the Attack and Stamina versions, i shall maximise my options further
You should just not use it uncustomised because it is absolutely appalling uncustomised.
Dracomageat:

(Jan. 08, 2012  7:24 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: leon: I can vouch for T125's effect on plastic tipped Thermal's movement not being negligible. Small but not insignificant.

Your original post in response to my own. Now that I look at it agian, were you trying to say that Thermal T125 combos with PT's made of plastic, not rubber, had dome small impact? yes that would make more sense. Sorry.

Perhaps Burn/Thermal Bull/Aquario DF145/T125DF105 MB would work nicely. or if I wanted a really good combo, GB145 or even betetr, AD145.
Or you could use a wheel that isn't outclassed, a decent track, and a tip that is good for stamina!

In fact, you could go to the competitive combo's thread, and use a stamina combo from there (substituting Duo for anything other than Phantom)!

Man it's like I'm the only person who knows of that mystical thread or something I mean jeeze guys come on it's like right there.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: You should just not use it uncustomised because it is absolutely appalling uncustomised.

I tend to only customize when i am doing tests. As of right now, no one in the Hasbro thread has asked me to do any tests with the Gravity Demolition pack, and I dont own a BB-10 yet, so I have no reason to test anything, and in my strange mind, putting the beys back into uncustomized form until I need to do testing puts the collector's portion of my mind at ease. I rememebr when I was little that I got very annoyed about accidentlay swaping weight disks between beys, even if they were the same weight disk, haha
Then it doesn't matter what mode you use it in, both will suck just as hard.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:51 PM)th!nk Wrote: Or you could use a wheel that isn't outclassed, a decent track, and a tip that is good for stamina!

In fact, you could go to the competitive combo's thread, and use a stamina combo from there (substituting Duo for anything other than Phantom)!

Man it's like I'm the only person who knows of that mystical thread or something I mean jeeze guys come on it's like right there.

Burn cant be that outclassed...can it? My knowlage of 4D is limited, so I avoid stating things about 4D that I don't know. I am learning though, gradualy. These last few months have just been new top tier after new top tier, so it is very hard to keep track.
Hell was released forever ago, and it outclassed Burn. Earth still saw some use, because burn had a lot of recoil.

Hell, which outclassed burn, is now also outclassed.

So yeah burn is pretty terrible, and insanely outclassed in every single conceivable way by Phantom.

Competitive Combo's thread is still there btw. Unless it's like, a figment of my imagination or something I mean idk, but I'm pretty sure it's real and there.