Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Yes, it's currently considered a top-tier part for Defense customizations.
Which is a better bey to buy? Death Quetzalcotal or Jade Jupiter? And is Phantom Orion good to get?
(Dec. 02, 2011  12:12 AM)Inceptio Wrote: Which is a better bey to buy? Death Quetzalcotal or Jade Jupiter? And is Phantom Orion good to get?

Advice on buying : Use the "Purchase Consultation" topic.
(Dec. 02, 2011  12:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2011  12:12 AM)Inceptio Wrote: Which is a better bey to buy? Death Quetzalcotal or Jade Jupiter? And is Phantom Orion good to get?

Advice on buying : Use the "Purchase Consultation" topic.

Ah okay, thanks.
Which mode is better for Maximum Meteor (Meteo L-Drago CH120XF)?
No nicknames Arks. Just the standard naming convention please (what you put in parenthesis).
To answer your question, Barrage Mode is better since IIRC it reveals more rubber, which allows for more spin equalization.
(Dec. 02, 2011  3:26 AM)Arks Wrote: Which mode is better for Maximum Meteor (Meteo L-Drago CH120XF)?

None, that combo is way outclassed man :V. Try L Drago DestroyCH120XF lol. But it stands a chance for hasbro tourneys. As far as I know, both modes don't really make a difference on that combo (to me at least). Otherwise this could've been PM'd to Dan or in Build Me A Combo #2!
Superglue it while it is not attached to the part.

Never use it again, or it will explode.
I don't think it will be legal part, though... Smile
Is there anything bad about Hasbro's CS compared to Takara's?

I remember someone saying quite a while ago there was some sort of difference.
The Ray Unicorno starter CS has a lot more rubber on it than TT CS, so it will be aggressive for longer when you first get it. Once worn properly, though, it is easy to keep it calm.

The Ray Unicorno versus Inferno Gasher Face-Off Pack comes with a CS that has varying amounts of rubber - you can see how exposed the plastic is by looking through the back of the package. Simply pick one that suits your taste.

Although, as I said - once properly worn, they're all the same.
(Dec. 02, 2011  11:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: The Hasbro Ray Striker starter CS has a lot more rubber on it than TT CS, so it will be aggressive for longer when you first get it. Once worn properly, though, it is easy to keep it calm.

The Ray Unicorno versus Inferno Gasher Face-Off Pack comes with a CS that has varying amounts of rubber - you can see how exposed the plastic is by looking through the back of the package. Simply pick one that suits your taste.

Fixed a 'not so major' correction(s), so as to avoid confusions. Smile

Also, even though Hasbro's CS has more rubber, its not bad in comparison to TT's CS.
The thing is, it does bad OOTB in the Defense category, the category for which CS is the most revered tip.
As people expect to use their newly purchased CS in their Defense combos, they get a bit upset upon seeing an aggressive CS.
So, for Defense, it is bad.
But, this CS can be used successfully for attack purposes, and even for Balance combos if required. Smile
So when you mean Balance,MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS?
Yes, that's just what I was referring to.
I do know that it is outclassed thoroughly now, but I think it may still be useful for certain Hasbro bladers...
Not exactly outclassed,you should say.From my own personal experience,I beat Benjohadi and his Blitz with HKBD145CS at a tournament.You should ask him for proof.
Well, I do know that the combo is pretty good if used to perfection, but from a general point of view, it has been outclassed... Many people may agree to this point. I will be happy to hear that the meta changed overnight and this combo is still good. Smile
P.S. I am a Hell Kerbecs lover, and I always think a thousand times before criticizing a Hell combo... So, yeah! Smile
(Dec. 02, 2011  12:55 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2011  11:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: The Hasbro Ray Striker starter CS has a lot more rubber on it than TT CS, so it will be aggressive for longer when you first get it. Once worn properly, though, it is easy to keep it calm.

Fixed a 'not so major' correction(s), so as to avoid confusions. Smile

Also, even though Hasbro's CS has more rubber, its not bad in comparison to TT's CS.
The thing is, it does bad OOTB in the Defense category, the category for which CS is the most revered tip.
As people expect to use their newly purchased CS in their Defense combos, they get a bit upset upon seeing an aggressive CS.
So, for Defense, it is bad.
But, this CS can be used successfully for attack purposes, and even for Balance combos if required. Smile
firstly whats OOTB and scondlt i have been doiing test with hasbro cs i have been using ray but i alos but cs on earth to compenstae for ray not being that good but in most of the test my hasbro cs does quite qell at defending and i pln to use it in tourneys since hasbro rs could not handle over 4 battle without beening worn past use
Yeah,it is outclassed when used without skill,but when It's used with skill,it is a monster,although it didn't succeed beating VariAres,it can beat Blitz.
Out Of The Box. Smile
Your Hasbro CS might have worn down enough, to provide good Defense. But beware, any further usage will result in a complete wear out, and your CS will no longer be useful...
Whatzzer- That's just the point.
It can't beat the most Competitively Viable parts of the current meta, and hence its uses are highly questioned.
(Dec. 02, 2011  1:08 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: Not exactly outclassed,you should say.From my own personal experience,I beat Benjohadi and his Blitz with HKBD145CS at a tournament.You should ask him for proof.

I have seen people win with Earth T125WD. Hell Kerbecs BD145CS loses to most common opponents now, and people would be better off learning to use superior combo's than focusing on a dated, unreliable, over-recoily, outclassed combination like that.

As for it beating blitz, it would depend on track height, but given a decent track, blitz would win in the hands of an experienced user

Everything is bad when used without skill, we assume skilful use by default.