Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Oct. 23, 2011  11:46 PM)metallicgryffin Wrote: hey un i got to ask u two questions
1 my bey is
facebolt: lightning L drago
energy ring:ray stricker
fusion ring: cyber pegasus
spin track:earth virgo
proformance tip: burn fireblaze is that a good combo?

and i just love the rubber proformance tips there great

and if u have any burn fireblaze pro tips im in need of a new one how much would u want for it
Yo, there's a way to write that combo: Cyber Striker GB145MS. Also, Facebolts don't matter.

This should be asked in Build Me a Combo, where you can list your parts and we can make comos out of them. Smile

(Oct. 23, 2011  11:37 PM)Hazel Wrote: While I am not typically prone to asking things here anymore, I find myself wondering... has anyone discovered a simple, cost-effective method of preventing Metal Wheel "darkening"/tarnish without simply leaving the parts MIB?

I have several Beys I will never actually use, and I would like to keep the MWs shiny without the added hassle of having to polish them frequently.

I attempted searching "Metal Wheel Tarnish", "MW tarnish", "MW darkening", and "MW dark", prior to asking this, mind.

I'm not sure. Considering we don't really have a way to prevent paint chipping, any coatings would simply be chipped off through use anyway. They're obviously being oxidised so you could go out of your way and store them in something to prevent that, but that would likely be more hassle than polishing them Speechless

metallicgryffin: That's a terrible combo, Burn Fireblaze's tip is one of the worst available, and this isn't even the right thread to ask about combo questions (build me a combo #2 is what you're after).

Also, facebolts don't affect performance, clear wheels don't do much and cyber is a terrible wheel. You really should read read my guide to posting that's linked in my signature, and the introductory PM you would have been sent.
(Oct. 23, 2011  11:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'm not sure. Considering we don't really have a way to prevent paint chipping, any coatings would simply be chipped off through use anyway. They're obviously being oxidised so you could go out of your way and store them in something to prevent that, but that would likely be more hassle than polishing them Speechless

I will not be using the Beyblades I have selected for this purpose - I have doubles of each of them. One for use, and one for display. So, if there is a simple paint solution, I can try to work with it.

If anyone is aware of a nice-looking display container that would house them amicably and stop the oxidizing process/slow it down hideously, that I can purchase online or in a store, then I would also be willing to resort to that, though I do like taking them out and holding them/tinkering with them on occasion, too, which is why I would prefer something I applied to the MW.
(Oct. 23, 2011  11:37 PM)Hazel Wrote: While I am not typically prone to asking things here anymore, I find myself wondering... has anyone discovered a simple, cost-effective method of preventing Metal Wheel "darkening"/tarnish without simply leaving the parts MIB?

I have several Beys I will never actually use, and I would like to keep the MWs shiny without the added hassle of having to polish them frequently.

I attempted searching "Metal Wheel Tarnish", "MW tarnish", "MW darkening", and "MW dark", prior to asking this, mind.

A loooong time back before I even knew about the WBO, I saw on DrigerGT's website, "Clear Enamel Spray" after polishing it.

Here's the link:
http://www.drigergt.com/2010/02/beyblade...aince.html
(Oct. 23, 2011  11:55 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:

A loooong time back before I even knew about the WBO, I saw on DrigerGT's website, "Clear Enamel Spray" after polishing it.

Here's the link:
http://www.drigergt.com/2010/02/beyblade...aince.html

I will look into this. Thank you.
If you ever do do it, tell us how it goes.
Is it true that Hasbro made a statement saying that they'll never sell any Beypointers in America?
(Oct. 24, 2011  12:23 AM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: Is it true that Hasbro made a statement saying that they'll never sell any Beypointers in America?

I'm not sure if they made such a statement, but it really does not need to be said.

Beypointers have absolutely no functionality outside of Japan - and even inside of Japan, iirc, the Bey Ta machines they were used with are now defunct.
(Oct. 24, 2011  12:01 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: If you ever do do it, tell us how it goes.

I am highly dubious that this should be allowed. Clear coat enamel should significantly increase the coefficient of friction on an otherwise bare metal wheel.

Yes, I am aware that the rules talk about applying clear coat paint to parts for aesthetic reasons, but the metal wheel is a pretty important part and the rules also state that it can't affect the beyblade's performance - which I think this could do.
(Oct. 24, 2011  12:31 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: I am highly dubious that this should be allowed. Clear coat enamel should significantly increase the coefficient of friction on an otherwise bare metal wheel.

Yes, I am aware that the rules talk about applying clear coat paint to parts for aesthetic reasons, but the metal wheel is a pretty important part and the rules also state that it can't affect the beyblade's performance - which I think this could do.

I could not care less about the legality of something done to preserve the aesthetic appearance of Beyblades I have no intention of ever using.

Moreover, a thin enough coat of this - applied by a skilled spraypainter - would not, in fact, heavily affect the energy transferrence during metal on metal contact in any significant way. Also, this is acrylic, not enamel. Granted, the number of people capable of applying the right thickness is probably very low, but if done right, there's not likely to be a recognizable problem - a coat of clearcoat/topcoat can be applied thinner, actually, than the paint thickness on Galaxy's MW, for example.

I'd never do this to a part I actually wanted to use, though. I'd stick to polishing, for that.

(Oct. 24, 2011  12:32 AM)bakumj14 Wrote: i have a buying question. im wondering if i should get flame byxis 230 wd, or burning fire strike pack( includes burn fireblaze 135 ms an poisen scorpio). please pm (privite massage) me for your answer. thanks!

This post belongs in the Purchase Consultation thread in the Bey Marketplace.
1. What is the most important part of a Plastic Generation Bey?
2. What is the most important part of an HMS Bey?

(Oct. 24, 2011  2:01 AM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: 1. What is the most important part of a Plastic Generation Bey?
2. What is the most important part of an HMS Bey?

In all generations, no part except Bit Chips/Beasts/Facebolts(with the exception of Metal Face and Metal Face-2 in MFB) can be called unimportant.

Attack Rings in Plastics and HMS determine what interactions are like, primarily. Blade Bases and Cores determine how the Beyblade moves. Weight Discs assist in all categories.
Alright I have two questions.

I read somewhere a long time ago that the green sticker variant of Dragoon S was the manga version of the bey is this true?

Also in the PSX Beyblade game there was an option of adding a ball bearing to the spin gear. Would this be considered a legal customization? (If anyone was wondering placing a ball bearing from Draciel F into a spin gear does work.)
I know this has been asked before but since I didnt get a proper result on searching...I want to ask again for confirmation.
1. Is Hasbro R2F better or TT?(In terms of speed)
2. Does Variares move slower on a moderately worn R2F than LLD?
3. Is Vari better in right or left spin(Didnt get this answer on Beywiki although Kei's tests said that it was better in right spin but not sure about it)
depends on opponent spin, if left, use right and weak launch, or just full power, if right, either one is fine, left for spin steal and right for MEGA SMASH
I will of course be using it against Basalt..thats the only thing I want to counter...and what about the other 2 questions?
is there any combo that can defeat Phantom Orion cuz i haven't seen any bey beating Phantom orion ?
(Oct. 24, 2011  5:28 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: I know this has been asked before but since I didnt get a proper result on searching...I want to ask again for confirmation.
1. Is Hasbro R2F better or TT?(In terms of speed)
2. Does Variares move slower on a moderately worn R2F than LLD?
3. Is Vari better in right or left spin(Didnt get this answer on Beywiki although Kei's tests said that it was better in right spin but not sure about it)

1. Hasbro's R2F has more controlled movement and stalls occasionally. TT's is faster and more wild.

2. Vari weighs more than LLD, iirc, so it would be slower.

3. As Izuma mentioned, it's variable dependant upon your opponent's combo.
Is it ok in if i add a little super glue to my hasbro r2f to repair the bar problem.is it legal in tourneys.PLESE TELL ME Smile
No, I do not believe so.
(Oct. 24, 2011  6:05 AM)Sayak Blader Wrote: Is it ok in if i add a little super glue to my hasbro r2f to repair the bar problem.is it legal in tourneys.PLESE TELL ME Smile

No. Gluing any part for any reason automatically makes it illegal for tournament use in all WBO and Hasbro-sanctioned events.
Thax 4 the info guys Smile
What does the 2 modes for gravity perseus look like?
(Oct. 24, 2011  5:51 AM)beyblademonitor Wrote: is there any combo that can defeat Phantom Orion cuz i haven't seen any bey beating Phantom orion ?

Every modern attack combo for starters.
@Jdbriggs: You can look about that in this thread.