Ask a question, get an answer! #2

So having to do with the new dual layers in burst, I have a question.

Will single layer parts be compatible with dual layer parts? For instance the original valkyrie part being able to attach to the new part. Please explain how they work and the compatibilities. I'm confused on them.
(Feb. 14, 2016  8:00 PM)lolitsjoey Wrote: So having to do with the new dual layers in burst, I have a question.

Will single layer parts be compatible with dual layer parts? For instance the original valkyrie part being able to attach to the new part. Please explain how they work and the compatibilities. I'm confused on them.
I think that the dual layer system will be able to work with the disks and drivers of the single layer system, but I'm not to certain.
(Feb. 14, 2016  8:00 PM)lolitsjoey Wrote: So having to do with the new dual layers in burst, I have a question.

Dual Layers are just a new style of Layer construction. They work exactly the same as the old Layers and are just a single part.
Kind of wished that they weren't called "Dual Layers", then again I know that there's going to be that one guy who'll ask, "What else would they call it then?!".
(Feb. 14, 2016  8:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Kind of wished that they weren't called "Dual Layers", then again I know that there's going to be that one guy who'll ask, "What else would they call it then?!".

They could be called Hyper Layers maybe? Metal Layers if they have metal parts on them.
Given that the plastic is now free from its clear casing, they could even be Burst layers.
Well, it doesn't really matter, since they are definitely going to be called Dual Layers no matter we feel about it. :')
(Feb. 14, 2016  9:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, it doesn't really matter, since they are definitely going to be called Dual Layers no matter we feel about it. :')

We definitely know that. Just giving my thoughts on the name.
(Feb. 14, 2016  8:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Dual Layers are just a new style of Layer construction. They work exactly the same as the old Layers and are just a single part.
So the new dual layer system is really just one piece, like the current beyblade parts like spriggan and kerbous? And it will remain inseperable?
(Feb. 14, 2016  9:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, it doesn't really matter, since they are definitely going to be called Dual Layers no matter we feel about it. :')

If they're just one piece, there's a good chance Hasbro will change the name. Then again, they changed all the names in MFB so who knows? They'll definitely be dual layers until Hasbro's second season though, by which point it'll likely be too ingrained to change even if they do manage to come up with better.
how long does it take for the beyblade burst prices to drop, cause i like to purchase the blades chesper rather than buying them on the day of release. i'm talking about online prices ie ebay, not the prices in japan.
(Feb. 17, 2016  10:21 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: how long does it take for the beyblade burst prices to drop, cause i like to purchase the blades chesper rather than buying them on the day of release. i'm talking about online prices ie ebay, not the prices in japan.

They never really drop on eBay.. Taka.ohno used to drop prices about a week or so after the date the bey was released, but after he left, there was the odd time it drops or a new seller came to sell a little bit cheaper than the usual. Unhappy
Why not just buy directly from Japan anyway ? I have long since given up on eBay prices being reasonable daily hah.
Would love to know why people choose to not by stuff from Japan, is it just too complicated?
(Feb. 17, 2016  11:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Would love to know why people choose to not by stuff from Japan, is it just too complicated?

I would love to know this as well. If anything, it has gotten easier and cheaper.
Personally, I found it minorly complicated but, more than anything, just not worth the effort. After importing costs, prices didn't seem any different unless buying from japan in bulk, something I wasn't really interested in doing.
There is no way that it costs you more to buy directly from Japan than via eBay, who not only charges sellers for each sale which makes sellers boost their own prices, but those sellers also want to make a profit personally, so that is an extra boost of the prices. For Beyblade at least, there are many ways to order from stores who can ship directly from Japan to you without adding domestic shipping costs or middleman fees.

My personal reason these days is also damn this weak Canadian dollar hah. Everything on eBay is based on United States dollars, so it is way more advantageous to purchase in yen.
I didn't say it was more expensive, just not noticeably cheaper either. Maybe that is more to do with not knowing the proper channels outside of YJA and the like.
Flame~Capricorn, Kai-V and juncction, thanks for your advice on my broken Lynx! I still can't get it to work but it helped me feel better to see what you wrote. I really wished I could fix it. Thank you so much.

DarioL
Can anyone tell me why Claw is used in top-tier defence combos like WHC?
(Feb. 19, 2016  1:20 AM)FOUNTAIN-FIRE Wrote: Can anyone tell me why Claw is used in top-tier defence combos like WHC?

I think it is used because of how it is like a Survive driver, but the claws help defend, like C145 did. Also, when the bey starts to tip over, the claws give it a push up.
I really doubt the claws push it back, they are completely mobile hah.
how quickly do the teeth on the layers wear down.same goes the for "clips/teeth" on the driver.
(Feb. 19, 2016  2:00 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: how quickly do the teeth on the layers wear down.same goes the for "clips/teeth" on the driver.

It depends which ones. Only Valkyrie's have some wear issues, and that can happen in not that many battles actually.