Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Are the RC launcher grips (like draciel V2 , DRANZER V2 ETC) legit for WBO tournament play ? (yes right ?)
It works basically the same
Guys which tip is better for defens?

Sd or d???

Maxtwo.
(Oct. 18, 2015  7:03 AM)maxtwo Wrote: Guys which tip is better for defens?

Sd or d???

Maxtwo.

Both are outclassed
Use RS, RB, RDF, RSF etc
(Oct. 18, 2015  7:03 AM)maxtwo Wrote: Guys which tip is better for defens?

Sd or d???

Maxtwo.

Like ashton pinto said, they're both outclassed, these are more useful for stamina though.
Guys, do the launchers from MFB work with beys from Burst? I'm seriously planning on buying Burst boosters. Thanks.
Nope. Only burst launchers work with burst. I don't think the ones from plastics work either.
Ugh, that actually stopped me from buying. Those starters are quite expensive.
Buy BeyLaunchers separately anyway, they are more worth it.
Yeah, but I wanted to get the biggest bang for my buck. As of now (eBay prices with shipping) BeyLaunchers are at 12USD. Boosters are at 12USD, and a starter Wyvern is at 17USD. So, I'm thinking that getting a starter would be a better financial option.
Yeah, the wyvern starter is the way to go. I don't even have a red beylauncher yet because I can't justify buying one when it's only $5 for a wyvern with it
Ah, one more, is it safe to play Burst against Plastics?
Yeah, I would say it is safe, but you will be wearing down the teeth on your burst. I don't think you will break anything though
(Oct. 18, 2015  6:06 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Ah, one more, is it safe to play Burst against Plastics?

Do not use Bump King vs anything
(Oct. 18, 2015  6:53 PM)Zed EX Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2015  6:06 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Ah, one more, is it safe to play Burst against Plastics?

Do not use Bump King vs anything

Relevant: The Bump King Challenge.

Funny how Burst are about on equal footing with some uncustomized plastics, but as Zoroaste said, best not to do this on a regular basis if you want to maintain your Layers' teeth.
So what's with Bump King anyway? Gasp

EDIT: Well, I guess I would just wait until I can get 2 Bursts at one time so I don't have to play a single Burst against Plastics. Thanks guys.
Bump King is just notorious for being considered my many to be the worst plastics series Beyblade, especially uncustomized. It's only used in the challenge I mentioned above because it's motif is a pumpkin and the event is on Halloween, lol.
Ah, I get it. Haha seems a pretty nice event for you guys. Have fun!
Considering how Fragile Bump King is, I'd love to see it against an attack combo using Griffolyons AR.
Guys which layer is better for defense-

Wyern or kerbeus??

Maxtwo
(Oct. 19, 2015  10:17 AM)maxtwo Wrote: Guys which layer is better for defense-

Wyern or kerbeus??

Maxtwo

Wyvern, but you could have tried searching for Wyvern testings.
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but here I go:

I'm gonna sign up on zenmarket, and it asks me for a promo code. Anyone who has one? You can PM me if this is a confidential info, idk haha. Thanks!
(Oct. 19, 2015  12:56 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but here I go:

I'm gonna sign up on zenmarket, and it asks me for a promo code. Anyone who has one? You can PM me if this is a confidential info, idk haha. Thanks!

Just to warn you, I think I got a lot of trouble with my Zenmarket account due to entering a promo code : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Where-to...pid1285964

Unless you have no urgent auction right now and that you can wait at least three days for your account to be fine, I would sort of advise not to use any promo code.
Today I received a Light Launcher L/R2 and a Light Launcher L2. When they shoot a left spin Bey, it makes a god-awful grinding sound and produces a weak launch. Is this skipping and can it be fixed/avoided? The Right spin LL2 I got and the right spin L/R mode shoots super strong compared to the others.
Since your issue is limited to Left-Spin, it may be your launch. If, when you pull the ripcord out of your Right-Spin LL2, you pull slightly to the right, then I wouldn't expect you to have any issues with skipping (assuming your ripcord's teeth aren't stripped) because pulling your ripcord in that direction bends it slightly towards the gear inside your LL2 that turns its prongs, increasing contact between teeth and therefore promoting better energy transfer.

However, if you launch in this way with a Left-Spin LL2, then you would likely experience more skipping between your ripcord and LL2's gear because pulling the ripcord to the right just as before is now bending the ripcord and its teeth away from the gear inside the launcher, since the gear in Left-Spin Light Launchers is located on the opposite side of the ripcord than in Right-Spin Light Launchers, resulting in reduced teeth contact and energy transfer. To fix this, all you have to do is pull your ripcord slightly more to the left when using your Left-Spin LL2s, as that will bend your ripcord slightly towards the left and closer to your Left-Spin LL2's gear.

If above doesn't hold true for you after trying it out, then the skipping could be due to your LL2's clutch (a.k.a. the thing under your launcher's prongs that makes it click) being worn out or ill-fitting for that particular prong set. I replaced the clutches in my Beylauncher L/Rs with some specific Hasbro Light Launcher clutches because they fit more snugly in the prongs I wanted to use, and I've had far fewer skips since.

Anyway, pulling the ripcord away from the launcher so that its teeth side bends away from the side of the launcher with the gear and ill-fitted clutches are the two most common and least technical roots of skipping I've encountered. Hopefully your skipping issues can be fixed by one of the two methods I proposed above!
Just wondering if a dab of nail polish on an inconspicuous area of my new Burst parts is acceptable under the tournament guidelines. With the way bey "burst" I'm worried about losing track of my parts if I'm not paying attention.

On that topic, what is the general consensus about painting bey used in tournaments?