Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Oct. 09, 2015  6:07 AM)gankoba Wrote: Are there any previous generation Beyblade stadiums that would work well with Burst?

Hm, technically any of them would work, but you really need the protective cover for Bursts, and from memory, only Zero-G Stadiums have something similar.

(Oct. 09, 2015  7:51 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: So either shell the money for parts I may at some point use or learn parts names and KATAKANA it on YAJ. That's fair. Say if I WERE to buy parts, have there been released parts that are classified as "generally useless"? Or not, since the game seems to be pretty early atm.

Actually, most lots do not identify parts, so even learning the parts names and their Katakana equivalent is useless hah. That being said, let me know what you might be looking for and I will totally help you find it.

Oh, for Burst ? There are things like Fusion, Central, Armed and even Defense to an extent, that are rather useless.
Thanks for the answer Kai-V
Another thing I've been wondering, is it a good idea to keep Beys un-assembled while not in use? To maybe preserve the driver spring? Or does would it practically make no difference...
(Oct. 09, 2015  3:46 PM)gankoba Wrote: Thanks for the answer Kai-V
Another thing I've been wondering, is it a good idea to keep Beys un-assembled while not in use? To maybe preserve the driver spring? Or does would it practically make no difference...

I didn't notice any difference, but Zoroaste says it does. I think it couldn't hurt to keep them disassembled, if you want to be cautious.
Disassembled!!! I knew un-assembled wasn't a word! Was bothering me since I posted, bah
I am not completely sure, but I would think that, since it compresses the spring for a long period of time, that it would make it spring back less
I ordered Wyvern Armed Massive, but quick questions... So, the string launcher it comes with, is it designed to be pulled from the side, or do you pull towards you like most launchers? Also, would it be a good idea to get a launcher grip for it? Is it stronger than the ripcord launcher?
(Oct. 09, 2015  7:31 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I ordered Wyvern Armed Massive, but quick questions... So, the string launcher it comes with, is it designed to be pulled from the side, or do you pull towards you like most launchers? Also, would it be a good idea to get a launcher grip for it? Is it stronger than the ripcord launcher?

You can use it either way, but you should pull the cord straight, always. As for the grip — many of us prefer just attached it to a BeyLogger and holding it like that. I don't think the Launchergrip improves it much.

The BeyLauncher has higher average power, but the Light Launcher has a higher maximum, IMO. However, the BeyLauncher is also much easier to aim.
(Oct. 08, 2015  7:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2015  7:16 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: So here's something that has been bugging me. With recent posts of Beyblade going around lately (I blame Brad for that, because Tumblr...), I've been wondering if it's possible to get back in. However, the reason I stopped in the first place is because hunting for Beys and sets, buying them just for a specific part (for example, my most expensive purchase was the set with Blitz Unicorno in it), was getting a tad expensive. As I've mostly seen Beyblades similar to TCG decks, as you only need specific parts to build a Bey suitable to your preference, my disinterest in buying full sets was similar to buying card packs, ending up with a lot of useless stuff when you are only looking for something specific.

Expo over. My question is this: If I could get back into the game, is there was preferable and safe way I can specifically buy the parts I need and not full sets? Preferable and safe pertains to trusted sellers and stores that do not specialize in knock-offs (Rapidity, anyone?).

Hm, on Yahoo! Japan Auctions yes, I would say you can easily find separate Beyblades with parts you may be looking for, and these days auctions for older generations are rather low. That would be your best bet, in my opinion.

crick7 on eBay is still selling tons of competitive parts, he's my go-to guy for competitive stuff, I recommend him!
(Oct. 09, 2015  6:07 AM)gankoba Wrote: Are there any previous generation Beyblade stadiums that would work well with Burst?
if you have any zero -g stadium ( Hasbro cyclone included ) and you put it on a stadium similar to a bb-10 then you have a stadium similar to the standard type ( heres a link to a video made by kevo of it )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP8V8-ztppY

LMAO, can you send me a link to his page / one of his items? I cant find it, ha
(Oct. 10, 2015  3:15 AM)raiyanblader Wrote: LMAO, can you send me a link to his page / one of his items? I cant find it, ha

Yup, here you go:

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/crick7?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Does anyone else live in Japan? I know OkinawamTS does, but he's practically on the other side of Japan from me. Anyone else?
(Oct. 10, 2015  3:15 AM)raiyanblader Wrote:
if you have any zero -g stadium ( Hasbro cyclone included ) and you put it on a stadium similar to a bb-10 then you have a stadium similar to the standard type ( heres a link to a video made by kevo of it )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP8V8-ztppY

LMAO, can you send me a link to his page / one of his items? I cant find it, ha
LOL that vid.. I can't believe it got that many views.
Is Valkyrie really much better than Spriggan? I've did some playing, don't really think I can call it testing, but every time, Spriggan Heavy Accel did better than Valkyrie Heavy Accel. And my testing Valkyrie is in pretty good condition tooth-wise.

For example Wyvern Heavy Accel does a very good job of beating Valkyrie, out spinning, knocking him out, and sometimes even bursting him. But when I put Wyvern against Spriggan it's completely opposite and Spriggan almost always wins
That's interesting. When playing against Kerbeus and Deathscyther, it was always Valkyrie that was clearly better. Nobody has really done testing with Spriggan vs Wyvern. I will have to test it. Thanks for the idea, you may be on to something. And Odin kind of has a similar shape to Spriggan, more so than to Valkyrie anyway, maybe there is hope for him after all
Is Burst going to completely replace the old formats in time as far as tournaments and the competitive game or will they be supported alongside Burst?
(Oct. 14, 2015  5:15 AM)Redemption Wrote: Is Burst going to completely replace the old formats in time as far as tournaments and the competitive game or will they be supported alongside Burst?

They will totally still be supported, so it will be up to each region and host to decide which format their tournament will use. Popular demand might shift towards Burst, but there will obviously always be fans of the older generations, and variety is really great in a tournament scene personally hah. Doing Burst or any other of the same format every month would just become tiresome after a while, and clearly, ideally we would like regions to remain active all year long.
(Oct. 14, 2015  5:15 AM)Redemption Wrote: Is Burst going to completely replace the old formats in time as far as tournaments and the competitive game or will they be supported alongside Burst?

The other formats (plastics, HMS, MFB, Zero-G) will always be supported and always have. There were a few Plastics and HMS tournaments this year if I recall correctly. As Burst becomes more popular it will certainly dominate everyone's focus, but there will always be a community for the other formats.

EDIT: Kai-V beat me to it, haha.
I get the feeling that the MFB formats will stay active for a pretty long time. But plastics and HMS are so expensive and hard to come by these days, so I don't expect to see a ton of those ever again.
I think MFB will start dying down after Burst is localized, but only if Burst is popular.
Who knows. Maybe the market is oversaturated with the bad taste Beyblade left with in the states, last time.
(Oct. 14, 2015  6:12 AM)Neo Wrote: I think MFB will start dying down after Burst is localized, but only if Burst is popular.
Who knows. Maybe the market is oversaturated with the bad taste Beyblade left with in the states, last time.

Eh, what bad taste ? Beyblade never sold so much worldwide.
Valkyrie wing accele has three wings and has two set of big and small and deathscyther have four sides and its sides are smooth which can resist attacks. So guys which one is good at balance
(Oct. 14, 2015  1:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2015  6:12 AM)Neo Wrote: I think MFB will start dying down after Burst is localized, but only if Burst is popular.

Eh, what bad taste ? Beyblade never sold so much worldwide.

North America; the whole spin off stuff. Raiders, Warriors
(Oct. 14, 2015  7:16 PM)D12 Wrote: Valkyrie wing accele has three wings and has two set of big and small and deathscyther have four sides and its sides are smooth which can resist attacks. So guys which one is good at balance

Right now, the use of blance in burst isn't very good, but if you're asking which prt cn be used on multiple types efficiently, I would go with deathscyther. Valkyrie isn't anything to laugh at either, being that it's the dominating force for attack currently.
But what about kerbeus central defense