Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Pls rate my combo and tell me modifications if needed.

Ifrit salamander d125 r2f
(Oct. 05, 2015  6:42 PM)maxtwo Wrote: Pls rate my combo and tell me modifications if needed.

Ifrit salamander d125 r2f

We will be delighted to help you, but it must be done in the topic this belongs in, "Build me a combo!" : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-me-a-combo-2
I know Hasbro doesn't have Burst yet, but with older generations, how do Hasbro Beys differ from Takara Tomy? Or are they exactly the same? Maybe materials are slightly different? Quality is different?

Sorry, nevermind, I should have searched. Found out this was already extensively discussed
How come RS isn't in any of the combos in the limited tier list? I checked and it's not banned now so how come?
(Oct. 06, 2015  11:21 PM)Ultra Wrote: How come RS isn't in any of the combos in the limited tier list? I checked and it's not banned now so how come?

Because it was only unbanned less than a month ago I think and people have not done enough tests to update the top-tier list yet ?
(Oct. 06, 2015  11:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2015  11:21 PM)Ultra Wrote: How come RS isn't in any of the combos in the limited tier list? I checked and it's not banned now so how come?

Because it was only unbanned less than a month ago I think and people have not done enough tests to update the top-tier list yet ?

Not to mention Libra is now banned, so it'll probably take a few tournaments until a new RS "go-to" Top Tier setup comes around.
Adding on to what Leone19 and Kai-V already said, RS gets destroyed by literally any limited attacker, RSF outclasses it by a lot, and RS has only shown potential on Libra with 230 or 90. It's just not tier list worthy.
So here's something that has been bugging me. With recent posts of Beyblade going around lately (I blame Brad for that, because Tumblr...), I've been wondering if it's possible to get back in. However, the reason I stopped in the first place is because hunting for Beys and sets, buying them just for a specific part (for example, my most expensive purchase was the set with Blitz Unicorno in it), was getting a tad expensive. As I've mostly seen Beyblades similar to TCG decks, as you only need specific parts to build a Bey suitable to your preference, my disinterest in buying full sets was similar to buying card packs, ending up with a lot of useless stuff when you are only looking for something specific.

Expo over. My question is this: If I could get back into the game, is there was preferable and safe way I can specifically buy the parts I need and not full sets? Preferable and safe pertains to trusted sellers and stores that do not specialize in knock-offs (Rapidity, anyone?).
(Oct. 08, 2015  7:16 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: So here's something that has been bugging me. With recent posts of Beyblade going around lately (I blame Brad for that, because Tumblr...), I've been wondering if it's possible to get back in. However, the reason I stopped in the first place is because hunting for Beys and sets, buying them just for a specific part (for example, my most expensive purchase was the set with Blitz Unicorno in it), was getting a tad expensive. As I've mostly seen Beyblades similar to TCG decks, as you only need specific parts to build a Bey suitable to your preference, my disinterest in buying full sets was similar to buying card packs, ending up with a lot of useless stuff when you are only looking for something specific.

Expo over. My question is this: If I could get back into the game, is there was preferable and safe way I can specifically buy the parts I need and not full sets? Preferable and safe pertains to trusted sellers and stores that do not specialize in knock-offs (Rapidity, anyone?).

Hm, on Yahoo! Japan Auctions yes, I would say you can easily find separate Beyblades with parts you may be looking for, and these days auctions for older generations are rather low. That would be your best bet, in my opinion.
(Oct. 07, 2015  1:25 AM)LMAO Wrote: Adding on to what Leone19 and Kai-V already said, RS gets destroyed by literally any limited attacker, RSF outclasses it by a lot, and RS has only shown potential on Libra with 230 or 90. It's just not tier list worthy.

I don't think it's that bad. The issue is that nobody uses right-spin Attackers (especially with Omega gone) besides maybe Jade, so nobody notices that RS is actually relatively strong against them. RSF doesn't have more Defense; it's just more versatile.
(Oct. 08, 2015  7:16 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Expo over. My question is this: If I could get back into the game, is there was preferable and safe way I can specifically buy the parts I need and not full sets? Preferable and safe pertains to trusted sellers and stores that do not specialize in knock-offs (Rapidity, anyone?).

While I can't do individual parts, I totally get the idea of only buying stuff you need. If you want to get into Burst Mitsu has compiled a nice list of the most efficient ways to get the widest variety of competitive parts. It doesn't take into account Wyvern or the Random Booster Beyblades yet but if you read the whole thread you can see what others wrote and form your own opinions on them.

(Oct. 08, 2015  7:59 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2015  1:25 AM)LMAO Wrote: Adding on to what Leone19 and Kai-V already said, RS gets destroyed by literally any limited attacker, RSF outclasses it by a lot, and RS has only shown potential on Libra with 230 or 90. It's just not tier list worthy.

I don't think it's that bad. The issue is that nobody uses right-spin Attackers (especially with Omega gone) besides maybe Jade, so nobody notices that RS is actually relatively strong against them. RSF doesn't have more Defense; it's just more versatile.

What RS combos are people using now that Libra is gone? Earth/Scythe 90/230RS? Except for Scythe 90, I can see Pegasis doing some damage to all of those combos. If you're confident at controlling RF/R2F/LRF you can probably Tornado Stall 90 variants also, it worked for me in testing.

Oh wait you guys use RSF/RB for Attack. Yeah I can see where "literally any Limited Attacker" comes from. Almost any kind of RSF/RB Attacker will be able to OS RS if it doesn't get the KO.
(Oct. 08, 2015  5:41 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2015  7:59 AM)Kei Wrote:

What RS combos are people using now that Libra is gone? Earth/Scythe 90/230RS? Except for Scythe 90, I can see Pegasis doing some damage to all of those combos. If you're confident at controlling RF/R2F/LRF you can probably Tornado Stall 90 variants also, it worked for me in testing.

Oh wait you guys use RSF/RB for Attack. Yeah I can see where "literally any Limited Attacker" comes from. Almost any kind of RSF/RB Attacker will be able to OS RS if it doesn't get the KO.

We don't have enough data yet to really say. You might be able to outspin them, but my experience has always been that at least in terms of battles between Beyblades in the same spin direction, RS is very, very strong defensively. Maybe I totally sucked with Attack five years ago when I did these tests, but they are relevant as they illustrate the difference between right vs right and right vs left when using RS: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-RS-Discussion

Haha, well yeah ... if you want to include RSF/RB Attack then it would be easy to OS it. I'm thinking more about RF/R2F/LRF.
Is it illegal for a burst layer to have its "chip"/black square thingy inside it to become loose and move freely within the layer?
(Oct. 08, 2015  11:33 PM)Kevo Wrote: Is it illegal for a burst layer to have its "chip"/black square thingy inside it to become loose and move freely within the layer?

Not really, it does not even have any purpose right now.
Those black things are actually bombs which will soon detonate MWAHAHAHAHA! It is called "Burst" after all.

But I wonder why they made it and not at least explain it's uses.
(Oct. 09, 2015  1:12 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Those black things are actually bombs which will soon detonate MWAHAHAHAHA! It is called "Burst" after all.

Oh, these aren't Beyblades. They were made in a factory. A bomb factory. They're bombs.

^ Internet high five to anyone who gets this, haha.

On the subject of RS, I totally agree we need more data before any great combinations are going to be found. It'll be interesting to see what or if anything if discovered within the next few events or whatnot.
(Oct. 09, 2015  1:44 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2015  1:12 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Those black things are actually bombs which will soon detonate MWAHAHAHAHA! It is called "Burst" after all.

Oh, these aren't Beyblades. They were made in a factory. A bomb factory. They're bombs.

On the subject of RS, I totally agree we need more data before any great combinations are going to be found. It'll be interesting to see what or if anything if discovered within the next few events or whatnot.
Spongebob reference? Ahhh, Spongebob, where the best of any internet meme comes from.
Is there a guide on here on the basics of HMS, essential parts, purchases, things like that? I tried looking and couldn't find anything. I might pick up some HMS stuff later down the line.

On a side note, what's the deal with the Super Vortex Attack Stadium? I see it on Amazon all the time, and it looks just like the BB-10, but knowing it's Hasbro, they might've messed something up. I can't seem to find any discussion on it, what's the consensus? Did Hasbro finally pull through and release a good stadium over here?
(Oct. 09, 2015  4:39 AM)Half Nail Wrote: Is there a guide on here on the basics of HMS, essential parts, purchases, things like that? I tried looking and couldn't find anything. I might pick up some HMS stuff later down the line.

On a side note, what's the deal with the Super Vortex Attack Stadium? I see it on Amazon all the time, and it looks just like the BB-10, but knowing it's Hasbro, they might've messed something up. I can't seem to find any discussion on it, what's the consensus? Did Hasbro finally pull through and release a good stadium over here?

Our Beywiki/Beyblade Wiki HMS articles were globally very accurate, so you can always read that. Otherwise, what I like to do is to simply find the top-tier list : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-HMS-Comp...Discussion

Hasbro has unfortunately not released any stadium as good as TAKARA-TOMY's. The closest was the Maximum Stampede or something like that.
(Oct. 09, 2015  4:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2015  4:39 AM)Half Nail Wrote: Is there a guide on here on the basics of HMS, essential parts, purchases, things like that? I tried looking and couldn't find anything. I might pick up some HMS stuff later down the line.

Our Beywiki/Beyblade Wiki HMS articles were globally very accurate, so you can always read that. Otherwise, what I like to do is to simply find the top-tier list : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-HMS-Comp...Discussion

Hasbro has unfortunately not released any stadium as good as TAKARA-TOMY's. The closest was the Maximum Stampede or something like that.

Thanks for the answer. HMS looks like such an interesting format, looking forward to eventually picking some stuff up. I should've figured it was too good to be true, it is Hasbro after all, haha. Thanks again.
Well, as Brad mentioned, I think the one you found was from Rapidity, because Hasbro's real Super Vortex stadium is red and should not have inspired you to think it was similar to the BeyStadium Attack Type at all hah. It is super enclosed and small.
(Oct. 09, 2015  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, as Brad mentioned, I think the one you found was from Rapidity, because Hasbro's real Super Vortex stadium is red and should not have inspired you to think it was similar to the BeyStadium Attack Type at all hah. It is super enclosed and small.

Ah, okay. I actually remember that one, that one was particularly terrible. Thanks for clearing that up.
Are there any previous generation Beyblade stadiums that would work well with Burst?
(Oct. 08, 2015  7:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, on Yahoo! Japan Auctions yes, I would say you can easily find separate Beyblades with parts you may be looking for, and these days auctions for older generations are rather low. That would be your best bet, in my opinion.

(Oct. 08, 2015  5:41 PM)Wombat Wrote: While I can't do individual parts, I totally get the idea of only buying stuff you need. If you want to get into Burst Mitsu has compiled a nice list of the most efficient ways to get the widest variety of competitive parts. It doesn't take into account Wyvern or the Random Booster Beyblades yet but if you read the whole thread you can see what others wrote and form your own opinions on them.

So either shell the money for parts I may at some point use or learn parts names and KATAKANA it on YAJ. That's fair. Say if I WERE to buy parts, have there been released parts that are classified as "generally useless"? Or not, since the game seems to be pretty early atm.

(Oct. 09, 2015  1:44 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

Your Spongisms have not gone unnoticed, my friend.