Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Or open a general recap thread. It would defintely be a useful resource for people who don't follow the forums religiously like some of us do
A recap thread would be nice. Just keep it sticky somewhere.

There was talk maybe 3-5 years ago about WBO having a landing page for news similar to what Beyblade Spirit had. I don't think it needs to be a landing page, but having a news page is still an idea I think could work.
Definitely. I had hoped to do that on my own blog, but ... been so busy Unhappy
I don't know what previous generations of beyblade were like, but what are some things or features they had that we could realistically expect Burst to feature?
(Sep. 28, 2015  3:17 PM)gankoba Wrote: I don't know what previous generations of beyblade were like, but what are some things or features they had that we could realistically expect Burst to feature?

Oh man, many things hah. Some sort of bearing Driver seems almost obligatory, as well as a Driver with mobile metal balls in it. For the Layer, I would expect it to be separated in two or three parts in the future, and rubber might be introduced eventually. There should also be left-spin Layers at some point, especially since they made the effort of specifying that the Beyblade Burst released so far are right-spin on the boxes.

I personally really hope to see varied heights introduced too, but it is true that the game might be more balanced right now with no differences.
Left spin sounds really awesome and powerful, could result in insta-burst or at least a guaranteed burst battle.

Having an actual ball tipped driver sounds pretty nifty too, though I'm not sure I understand the effect it would have.

Balls in the driver itself would definitely have some obvious effects.

I don't understand what you mean by 2-3 part layers though. Would it burst into a total of 5 pieces?
The Layer would indeed burst into three parts if it had three pieces, I suppose hah. You can basically the worst example of a multi-part ring here, which at least did not burst back then but was not good either : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...egasis_F:D
I did see one video where two Beys were having a battle, and suddenly a part of one Bey popped up and became another separate Bey, so suddenly three Beys were in the stadium. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I want that for burst!!!

Kinda like, woohoo! Burst finish! Wait... That's another Bey!
(Sep. 28, 2015  3:45 PM)gankoba Wrote: Having an actual ball tipped driver sounds pretty nifty too, though I'm not sure I understand the effect it would have.

There are a variety of ball tipped battle strikers and, in my experience, the free moving one is the best. Allowing the ball to move 360 degrees in all directions means that it will often move instead of the rest of the beyblade, mitigating hits a little and lessening the striker's movement compared to the fixed ball tip. Of course, this part varies quite largely with wear as, when the internal friction is high, it is an aggressive tip with little freedom of movement and, when it lessens, it becomes a more defensive tip that tends not to lose balance or be KOed as easily, making it great for defense/stamina balance combos.

I am sure it's not unbeatable but it was always my favourite tip in that game and I would like to see it here. Not with a metal ball, however, as friction with the stadium is necessary for its defensive properties.
I'm glad I became addicted to Beyblade with a new series. If I were to come across the previous generation, no doubt I'd be totally overwhelmed with all the hundreds of different parts... Plus I'm somewhat a completist and would probably become homeless trying to build my collection.... Smile
(Sep. 28, 2015  3:56 PM)gankoba Wrote: I did see one video where two Beys were having a battle, and suddenly a part of one Bey popped up and became another separate Bey, so suddenly three Beys were in the stadium. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I want that for burst!!!

Kinda like, woohoo! Burst finish! Wait... That's another Bey!

Oh, that was probably Phantom Fox MS : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...tom_Fox_MS
That is a funny gimmick, but unfortunately it is not that competitive hahah.
Are there any high quality images floating around of the symbols for the various Burst beys?
Only within the Committee~
(Sep. 29, 2015  3:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Only within the Committee~

Could I have the Valkyrie one?
(Sep. 29, 2015  3:26 AM)Wizard Wrote:

Hm, Kei and I would probably have to discuss it, I do not know what we intended those logos to do besides being used for this site, hah. What would you use them for ?
(Sep. 29, 2015  3:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2015  3:26 AM)Wizard Wrote:

Hm, Kei and I would probably have to discuss it, I do not know what we intended those logos to do besides being used for this site, hah. What would you use them for ?

Signature, phone wallpaper and YouTube intro. I could just make them myself but I figured I'd ask if there was already something first.
Who is Zankye? I've seen his channel and it looks like he's been with Beyblade for years. Is he just a Beyblade reviewer? Or I'm guessing he's much much more...
How do you guys feel about the fusion driver? I like the concept, but how does it stack against accel? And what driver do you prefer for attacking and defending? Also is defending different from surviving?
(Sep. 30, 2015  11:27 AM)gankoba Wrote: How do you guys feel about the fusion driver? I like the concept, but how does it stack against accel? And what driver do you prefer for attacking and defending? Also is defending different from surviving?

I wouldn't recommend it for competitive play. For defense the only combo I've really used is Cerbeus Heavy Accel for anti attack. Fusion just simply isn't up to that standard.
Yup. The only thing I have done with them is rub them on sandpaper to make another accel tip. Haha. That would be illegal for tournaments though, but good for practicing
I'm going to participate in an official tournament in a few weeks, could anyone give me some advice on what to use and when to use it please?
(Sep. 30, 2015  3:03 PM)gankoba Wrote: I'm going to participate in an official tournament in a few weeks, could anyone give me some advice on what to use and when to use it please?

Hm, I do not really know what Japanese players actually use. However, wasn't it only the first few events that were open to all ages ? I think they are now all restricted to the same age group as usual, from 8 to 12 or 14 years old. Or will your son enter ?

The combinations you had been given should definitely work, and of course there are things we know should be used if you see x customization from the opponent, but usually, you have no idea what you will be up against.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...pid1286505

My personal pick would probably be a Defense custom, but if you think you master Attack types, you could definitely opt for that and hope to burst your opponents.

Also, it is very important to use the BeyLauncher, especially since apparently every other Japanese player uses it already.
If you're playing in Japan, the most common Beyblade you're likely to run into (aside from non-competitive, random customs) is Deathscyther Spread Survive. There is almost no way to outspin it. If you use Deathscyther Spread Survive yourself, the recoil of the "blades" hitting each other will reduce the match to chance.

My recommendation: practice as much as you can with KOing DSS with Valkyrie Heavy Accel. Use a brand new version of Valkyrie and Accel at the tournament, if you can.

If you can predict your opponent is about to use an Attack-type, try Kerbeus Heavy Accel as others recommended.