Ask a question, get an answer! #2

I think it was the first one HMS!
Who is the best sig designer/maker(s) on the WBO?

I am in need of one...
(Apr. 01, 2014  5:08 AM)*Zeo* Wrote: Who is the best sig designer/maker(s) on the WBO?

I am in need of one...

Heyo,

You can search through the Your Creations forum and judge for yourself. Also, this is an inappropriate place to ask.
Im still not used to making threads even after almost a year on WBO, where would I post an Idea for an upcoming tourney? Like im thinking of hosting a tourney after the Latest North American championship.

I was just gonna have a poll asking if people would be interested, what thread category would i post it under?
Well first post in your areas thread and try to gather interest. This belongs in Questions About the WBO by the way.
Is Hasbro's mechanism of M145 is really stronger than TT's ? enough to pay a little more for it ?
(Apr. 03, 2014  1:06 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Is Hasbro's mechanism of M145 is really stronger than TT's ? enough to pay a little more for it ?

In the original discussion where it was brought up: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Storm-Ca...#pid500192

It seems that at least some Hasbro ones still shift a bit. My guess? Slight part to part variation not based on the brand, just like CH120. I'll take my M145 apart and look at the mechanism, just to see if something like that is really possible or whatever so give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Okay, got distracted with the whole rabbithole of real-looking fakes there. Anyway, I could see variation making it more secure, and I've seen slightly different molding (more defined locking sections) on one of my Takara CH120's that locks real nice right out of the box, so it's possible that it's also not going to just be confined to one brand - however I doubt there is actually a difference. I imagine it's probably just a matter of wear making them looser (very likely from the mechanism - plastic notches and ridges), but not at a steady rate. Unless others who have both brands can confirm that there is a difference I would not bother trying to get a hasbro one, especially as at least on ebay Hasbro stuff is very expensive and obviously you have the risks you bought to light (IDK about prices on other sites, most tend to be country-specific but I'm also pretty sure M145 has been released in some other beyblades albeit probably only in two-packs.)

(Mar. 30, 2014  3:55 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2014  3:44 AM)Dual Wrote: Launch it off high places, launch it in a sink, basically th!nks saying to just mess around with it.

No, don't launch Beyblades in sinks. Especially not bathtubs. Never your bathtub...

To be honest you know I really do think that must have been an awful bathtub or they must have like catapulted it towards it or something. But yeah, remember these are metal objects and the metal wheels on fakes in particular are prone to shattering so don't go too far - probably should have mentioned that in my response. Still though plenty to do with a fake.
Exactly how far can a part wear down to the point where it is illegal for organized play? Through many tip changes from track to track, they eventually start to fit loose on a bey and kind of shake around. Is that fine?
(Apr. 04, 2014  7:23 PM)GrandmasterSGTO Wrote: Exactly how far can a part wear down to the point where it is illegal for organized play? Through many tip changes from track to track, they eventually start to fit loose on a bey and kind of shake around. Is that fine?

Rattling is OK in a certain way : basically, I think the person using it is at the worst disadvantage, not the opponent. What we are specifically looking at in part wearing is the shape of the tip : some wear is OK and natural, but when sharp looks like a ball, that is illegal.
(Apr. 04, 2014  7:23 PM)GrandmasterSGTO Wrote: Exactly how far can a part wear down to the point where it is illegal for organized play? Through many tip changes from track to track, they eventually start to fit loose on a bey and kind of shake around. Is that fine?

When they start performing a lot different then there supposed to, like a WD acting like a GF. But something like an MB or RB having a little aggression is fine. If your uncertain, show a judge or if you mean with testing, you can post pics or a video.

Thats fine I'm pretty sure.
Any information about this? I was ebay surfing and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-beyblade-pa...417dc483c7
That would go in the plastics Q and A. But yeah, it's not fake.

Th!nk posted a longer explanation about it in the recent pages of he plastics Q and A.
guys, i was just wondering, what is pd?
(Apr. 06, 2014  6:14 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys, i was just wondering, what is pd?

Basically a mix between WD and D exclusive to the LED Sight. It's made out of a special plastic, I believe and called Polish Defense.
Polish Defence. It comes with the launcher attachment (forgot what it's called). It's wider that D but less that WD. Plus it made of a different material so it has less friction.
I just dropped 20$ on the water synchrome pack with guardian leviathan & pirate orochi and 50$ on a bb-10 and I'm feeling a crazy sense of buyers remorse.

Can someone tell me the pros of Guardian Leviathan + Pirate Orochi so I don't regret this as much .-.
Leviathan is a great wheel for spin stealers and defence. Unfortunately the only other worthwhile part in the set is D :\. A BB-10 is a great purchase though.
My Beylauncher L/R's launcher-handle-thingy (the bar you grab and yank to launch) shattered after a tournament on Saturday. Can I replace the bar with a new one - I was planning on having a new one 3D printed from the same kind of plastic as the original. Also, if such a replacement is legal (I don't think it can unfairly improve performance) can I have more made and sell them as replacements at tournaments? I know that several members in Michigan have similarly damaged/broken launchers, and a new part would be much cheaper to make than buying a whole new launcher.
Officially, no : you can play with a broken or even absent handle, but you cannot add anything to it.
eh, ok, I sort of expected as much Uncertain

Turns out I actually have a couple of broken Beylaunchers hiding in my massive box of Hasbro Light Launchers, so I'll just switch out the entire string+grip thing for my good one's now-broken one.
Is there going to be a YouTube vid of this years grand tournament?
Yes. I'm sure somebody will for the beychannel.
Probably more than one.