Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Jan. 26, 2014  1:53 PM)Diabolical Wrote: Kai-V
Cake
@Aquamarine

How is the launcher handling the weight of the synchrome blades? I found that Diablo Nemesis XGrin was already relatively rough on the light launcher 2.

What is the preferred launcher for the Synchrome system or heavy blades in general?

What do you mean? If you are asking if the light launcher II can launch synchromes, then it can but a sometimes it messes up.
(Jan. 26, 2014  2:19 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2014  2:11 PM)EugeneBeyGeek Wrote:
Cake
@Aquamarine

How is the launcher handling the weight of the synchrome blades? I found that Diablo Nemesis XGrin was already relatively rough on the light launcher 2.

What is the preferred launcher for the Synchrome system or heavy blades in general?

The rev up launcher will be the best in all categories of beyblades, synchrome or not.

I know they can be rough or "wear down" on LL2's. I wouldn't recommend a compact with them, as they can wear very easily.

I personally stick with a String Launcher, or even a Rev-Up as Eugene said. They've worked well for me in the past, without any issues. Only problem I know of is that a Rev-Up can break pretty easily.

The rev up doesn't break easy, only if you use a hammer with it Smile
I've got mine since long and i use it realy often so... The light launcher 2 is also a good choice
The Rev-Up Launcher does break easily internally, and it is extremely unreliable for good launches.
Cake
@Aquamarine

TBH my favorite launcher is a standard string launcher - not an L/R. The Beylauncher L/R is nice, but I suggest getting 2 single-direction Beylaunchers, one for left and one for right. The L/R tends to be more difficult to repair (more internal workings = more stuff to fall out) and it is significantly larger than the single-spin launchers. IIRC the Beylauncher L/R tends to break more often than the single-spin variants as well, so, aside from the disadvantage of having to switch launchers to change spin direction, regular string launchers are in many ways better.

From my experience, LL2s wear out fast; the teeth tend to deform and slip when using heavier combinations. Even through normal use with lighter combos, the ripcords tend to get mangled fairly quickly - I went through two ripcords in a week once when I was doing some testing.
Cake

Instead of LL2, How does Shogun Ripcord Launchers perform? According to wiki they are:

"...intended to be used in the Synchrom System.".
"...ripcords resemble the Light Launcher 2 variants, but slightly more thicker "
I'm not sure, but I would avoid ripcord launchers as much as possible; they tend to have a "kick" and a broken or bent gear or tooth on the ripcord can cause you to lose power, or cause the launcher to stutter as you pull the ripcord out.

EDIT: Just a comparison of string vs. ripcord launchers:
On to what Cake said, they can break pretty easily, and don't do any better than an LL2 TBH. A heavier Beyblade will lessen launch strength as well, a beylauncher is best all around.
Thing is I get much better launches (more control as well as higher speed) with ripcord as opposed to string launchers/beylauncher.

Uncertain

EDIT: Ill need to work on the technique then xD
(Jan. 26, 2014  9:09 PM)Diabolical Wrote: Cake

Instead of LL2, How does Shogun Ripcord Launchers perform? According to wiki they are:

"...intended to be used in the Synchrom System.".
"...ripcords resemble the Light Launcher 2 variants, but slightly more thicker "

The World Beyblade Organization and its Beywiki are probably a better place to learn about launchers, based on those quotes. Hasbro's launchers are some of the worst, so even if they did reinforce the winder-based ones in their Shogun Steel releases, it would not be worth anything anyway. Even TAKARA-TOMY's Compact Launchers are not decent.

About getting weaker launches with the BeyLaunchers, this is normal when you begin : you need to really keep practicing so that you are not afraid of breaking the launcher and that you know its limits. Also, it is best to release the handle when you have pulled it out as much as possible, instead of stopping there or holding it all the way back into the launcher.
That's understood, a lot of inexperienced bladers have a difficult time with string launchers. No offense. Tongue_out
(Jan. 26, 2014  9:19 PM)Diabolical Wrote: Thing is I get much better launches (more control as well as higher speed) with ripcord as opposed to string launchers/beylauncher.

Uncertain

EDIT: Ill need to work on the technique then xD

I find that I'm able to get a good launch using a string launcher by lightly holding the handle with my index and middle finger. I somewhat hook them around the handle, but very lightly. Once I pull and the string hits its max length, it slips right out from my fingers.
However, this may result in some bloody knuckles, from both you and your opponent.
Oil up an LL2 or Zero G Compact Launcher that doesn't skip (it's basically a 50/50 chance with takara ones, seems to be due to the chassis rather than the components from what I tried today), and you can get the same max speed as a beylauncher. Just been playing around with this myself today/recently as I keep breaking beylaunchers and really like the ZGCL's design, basically just launching gravity perseus with that and my beylauncher L's and yeah, it requires more strength (launch power is all about speed, more resistance = more speed) but yeah, they seem to be dead equal. The kick takes a bit of getting used to, and that's what puts people off I think, but if you get a good one and oil it up a little so it doesn't grind away at itself and has lower friction, you'll get there.

Just finished oiling up 5 LL2's (well, I oiled seven before realizing the last two had been from my "no this skips" pile) for lending at the tournament I'm planning (obviously with some advice on using them because that kick is a bit of a shock at first), and I'm planning on competing with a ZGCL and a left string launcher (I like the feel of them in left for some reason).

Kai-V: Disagree on compact launchers not being decent, they're really nicely designed (mostly through the addition of what seems to be lower friction plastic at certain points - ripcord entry and also atop the shaft, where a lot of wear can happen otherwise), just a matter of getting lucky and finding one that doesn't skip out of the box, then oiling it up so it doesn't grind itself to the point it starts skipping (which happens extremely fast if you launch synchromes with them - I found this out the hard way, sadly, and as it seems to be the chassis responsible for skipping or not (the LL2 design seems sturdier than the plastics one but I haven't used any non-lubricated one much) so any wear to that and you're done). They're internally the same as an LL2 power-wise (i.e. the same gear is used) but they have a few improvements (though honestly, a good LL2 is a very serviceable launcher anyway, they do actually seem to have kept in mind that they were building a launcher for heavier beys - it's just there's only so much you can do with plastic). If there is a power difference between what can be got out of an oiled-up ZGCL and a Beylauncher, it's small enough to not be evident without perhaps some intensive solo spins.

For what it's worth, I would rather use string launchers for synchromes because the kick becomes more problematic for them, but I find they break more easily or at least are harder to replace and extra weight only worsens that, would probably not recommend a ZGCL for Synchromes for kids.
(Jan. 26, 2014  9:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oil up an LL2 or Zero G Compact Launcher that doesn't skip (it's basically a 50/50 chance with takara ones, seems to be due to the chassis rather than the components from what I tried today), and you can get the same max speed as a beylauncher. Just been playing around with this myself today/recently as I keep breaking beylaunchers and really like the ZGCL's design, basically just launching gravity perseus with that and my beylauncher L's and yeah, it requires more strength (launch power is all about speed, more resistance = more speed) but yeah, they seem to be dead equal. The kick takes a bit of getting used to, and that's what puts people off I think, but if you get a good one and oil it up a little so it doesn't grind away at itself and has lower friction, you'll get there.
What exactly do you use to oil them up?
Generic "household oil", I think we have it for mum's sewing machine, if that helps? Avoid using vegetable/cooking oils, and also don't use WD-40/RP7, they don't get along with at least one of the plastics beyblades use, supposedly (ABS, which is what plastic beyblades and I *think* MFB tracks and tips????? I forget, something on the boxes somewhere still lists it).

I imagine most nonorganic lubricants that don't also react with any plastics would work, just make sure you get an actual liquid one, not grease - might help the friction but it won't make launching the darned things any easier. I might do a video of it if I remember, the main parts are where the shaft the ripcord turns rub against the casings but it helps to oil the ripcord itself and the path it travels along too, but not too much or you will flick oil everywhere when you launch which I may or may not have done a few times because I forgot to clean up the excess.

Oh also, I do not agree that ripcord launchers require less skill than beylaunchers, it's a simple matter of what you're used to, and if anything the LL2 and the launchers based on it take more skill to use because of the kick they have. For kids, if they can learn to use it the beylauncher is definitely easier because you can get the same power with less strength (need less strength to achieve the same pull speed) but they break too easily - too many moving parts, basically - convenient design but the materials are probably not quite up to where they need to be for people like myself to be using them and not pulling off handles if they are accidentally gripping too hard or tearing up the internals even after lubricating them etc etc. Not to mention string fraying. Still, I do use a Beylauncher L for left spin (well, my L3R and Left LL2 are both kinda dodgy - L3R doesn't stop after launch and the LL2 skips like mad, but still, I have a couple of beylauncher L's so I can handle a break), and it works just fine - I just do not think they are that much better than a properly lubricated stock-non-skipping LL2/ZGCL, tbh.

Aaand while I'm here putting this stuff on record, the ZGLL should have even more power due to the internal gear ratio at the 90 degree turn being 18:16 (in-out) with a standard LL2 gear in the ripcord slot, however due to the fact it is hilariously poorly designed as the gears are on long poles which are not fixed in place nearly well enough, any remotely non-pathetic launch causes one the the gears to slip backwards and skip tremendously. Seriously I do not know how these awful things passed QC - they're like the Sniper Shooter or whatever the awful LL2 variant thing was (and actually heavily based on it) yet somehow they managed to make it worse.
(Jan. 24, 2014  10:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2014  10:10 PM)flame0251 Wrote: is bandid genbull a balance type, stamina type, or defense type? i couldnt find it on the beywiki.

Really ?
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...ull_F230TB

thanks.
With my Light launcher and dragoon g winder I get SO much more power than when I use a beylauncher almost TWICE as much and I don't have a grip so I sorta get bloody knuckles when ever i use my beylauncher.
(Jan. 27, 2014  1:20 AM)BladerDanger Wrote: With my Light launcher and dragoon g winder I get SO much more power than when I use a beylauncher almost TWICE as much and I don't have a grip so I sorta get bloody knuckles when ever i use my beylauncher.

Unfortunately that just means that you are not used to using the BeyLauncher yet. You really have to continue trying.
(Jan. 27, 2014  1:20 AM)BladerDanger Wrote: With my Light launcher and dragoon g winder I get SO much more power than when I use a beylauncher almost TWICE as much and I don't have a grip so I sorta get bloody knuckles when ever i use my beylauncher.

You're doing it wrong, the opponent is supposed to get bloody knuckles. That way they will have to forfeit, and you win Serious

But for now, I'd just try pulling the string at a slight angle downwards and towards you, that way the handle flies forward once you let go (if that makes any sense), and instead of hitting your knuckles it will just flap around in a circle.
I never let go of the string and I turned out alright.
When you label MFB G1.. G2 etc...

What do you mean by this?

Thanks.
(Jan. 27, 2014  7:32 AM)BeyderAndy Wrote: When you label MFB G1.. G2 etc...

Thanks.

Grade ?
(Jan. 27, 2014  8:00 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2014  7:32 AM)BeyderAndy Wrote: When you label MFB G1.. G2 etc...

Thanks.

Grade ?

I personally thought it was for generation.
Maybe I've just been on too many places where they use "G1, G2" etc for generations of cars.
Unless someone used those terms on the message board in a totally different context that I am not aware of, it indeed refers to the grade of an event. Those are determined by TAKARA-TOMY. Generally, Grade 4 are very basic shop events with small prizes. Grade 3 is still in Japanese stores but the tournaments are slightly more organised and have more at stake. Grade 1 is for the very big events, like those hosted at international toy forums. Grade 2 is in between those.
Which system is better Hybrid Wheel System or Metal System?