Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Feb. 16, 2013  10:59 PM)PikaBlader15 Wrote: Which tips generally make a BD145 not scrape the stadium? In BB-10 and a Hasbro stadium, please.

Mb, RSF. RDF, Wd (i think), rs,BWD,
I'm pretty sure that WD scrapes. The other ones that I know of are HF/S, RB, RF, R²F, LRF, CS, MF, etc. Pretty sure I missed some stuff there, but most of the time, Bottoms made of materials other than plastics are generally taller and compatible with BD145.

Edit - IIRC, in Synchroms you can push the BD145 up a little (?) so you can put XF and stuff like that and have it not scrape. I'm not sure though.
Thats for both hasbro and takara tomy, right?
(Feb. 16, 2013  10:59 PM)PikaBlader15 Wrote: Which tips generally make a BD145 not scrape the stadium? In BB-10 and a Hasbro stadium, please.

Tall tips, such as RF, HF/S, ES, MS, R2F, RS, RSF, MF, MB, RB, LF, LRF, CS, and BSF won't scrape with BD145, and RDF, a short tip, will not because of the plastic circle that surrounds it. On Synchroms, you can push the disk up, allowing you to use other short tips, but it still scrapes occasionally.
(Feb. 16, 2013  11:11 PM)HDSK Wrote:

Mb, RSF. RDF, Wd (i think), rs,BWD,

BD145RS doesn't scrape if it's destabilized?
(Feb. 16, 2013  11:55 PM)Wombat Wrote:

Tall tips, such as RF, HF/S, ES, MS, R2F, RS, RSF, MF, MB, RB, LF, LRF, CS, and BSF won't scrape with BD145, and RDF, a short tip, will not because of the plastic circle that surrounds it. On Synchroms, you can push the disk up, allowing you to use other short tips, but it still scrapes occasionally.

i though my Bd145 was Broken because it kept moving up on my synchrome combos
No, it does that on synchromes. That's normal.
(Feb. 16, 2013  3:18 PM)marek Wrote: I was building a bey in www.beybladebattles.com and i saw a w105 spin track that looks like the same as 125, but i was wondering is it a bug or there is a version of w105 that looks like 125?

beybladebattles.com is not an accurate in the slightest ... and it is impossible for there to -in reality- be a version of W105 that looks like 125, since 125 is both a different height and has no 'wings' ...
So just to clarify out of curiousity, would Basalt still be considered viable in Defense combos, or has it fallen from grace due to Duo and Death?
Definitley fallen from grace. It's outclassed by Duo, Death, and any Synchrom.
My CH120 track is sort of warped in a way, one side of the bottom where the prongs to fit onto the Bottom/Preformance tip is tilted in a way. Anyway I can pop this back into shape?
Why is D/SD better on 230 and TH170 than EWD/WD, and why is EWD/WD is better on W145 than D/SD? Also, if anyone is wondering, this was from the Competitive Combos thread.
D and SD are better on taller tracks because they retain balance better on them. To my knowledge, a rule of thumb is that WD and EWD are better on heights under 165-170, and D and SD are better on 170 and up.
Which is better on a defense combo CS or RS?
In most cases, CS. RS has bad balance because of its small surface ares, whereas CS (a calm one, that is) is more balanced due to it being wider.
What is better?

Neo Dragon Ripcord or String Launcher?

I want to know, I have both. The neo dragon came with a left spin blade from the original series, possibly Dragoon F, but probably not because they used the regular left spin stuff. I got it in a beyblade lot, so I have no idea.
String Launchers are stronger than any ripcord based MFB shooter, but not because of the ripcord, because of the poor gear ratio inside the launchers (they have a ludicrous amount of teeth, something like 20, I forget, compared to the original's 10 or 11, again, don't remember clearly). Plastics launchers are roughly as powerful as a well-used string launcher if you use a dragon winder (the Takara MFB LL1 Winders are just shorter but it really makes no difference, so those too), but if you do make the heavy modifications required, you'll suffer severely from wear and tear on the ripcord and launcher itself, and obviously it wouldn't be legal.
(Feb. 18, 2013  4:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: String Launchers are stronger than any ripcord based MFB shooter, but not because of the ripcord, because of the poor gear ratio inside the launchers (they have a ludicrous amount of teeth, something like 20, I forget, compared to the original's 10 or 11, again, don't remember clearly). Plastics launchers are roughly as powerful as a well-used string launcher if you use a dragon winder (the Takara MFB LL1 Winders are just shorter but it really makes no difference, so those too), but if you do make the heavy modifications required, you'll suffer severely from wear and tear on the ripcord and launcher itself, and obviously it wouldn't be legal.

I own a plastic launcher that has 9 teeth (1 less than usual) and it's called the EZ Shooter Power Custom. I tried to put it in the regular launcher because it is legal (Takara parts, I still have the box) but it didn't fit.

My Dragon winder is the really long (69 teeth) version.

From my understanding, a string launcher is stronger than a regular launcher with a Neo Winder right?
It's not legal to swap unique internals like that FYI, as it alters the design of the launcher (though there's a spring shooter that has the same gear, those two are swappable).

All the ripcord teeth in the world won't make up for the pathetic gear ratio of MFB ripcord launchers.

Are we talking plastics or MFB? For MFB, yes, for plastics, it really depends how good you are with the string launcher, but you have to be real good to outdo a non-skipping EZShooter.
I'm talking MFB, I just own plastics mostly and have a special launcher. I haven't got around to reading all the tournament rules yet but I will today.

Would it be legal to swap the EZ shooter gears with other EZ shooters? (plastics question here)

For example:

I own an EZ Shooter Power Custom (with 9 gears instead of 10)
But I also own an EZ Shooter Spring Custom

Could I swap gears from the Power Custom and put them in the Spring Custom?

They are both Takara, I can prove it if need be. I will have the Spring Custom with 9 gears instead of 10 and it will also have it's springs.

They are all authentic and real parts, would this be legal?
Nope, you're not allowed to alter the design of a launcher in any way.
(Feb. 18, 2013  4:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nope, you're not allowed to alter the design of a launcher in any way.

What about doing this:

I'm too cheap to buy another grip, this one is not modified.
(Feb. 18, 2013  5:51 PM)[deleted] Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2013  4:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nope, you're not allowed to alter the design of a launcher in any way.

What about doing this:

Put it in spoilers, it's a huge image.

I don't even know what you've done there ... To me, the grip looks like a messed up plastics launcher I had a while back ...
And then with an MFB one ?
What's even the point it that ?
It's a Customize Grip from plastics, the Dranzer one from Hasbro IIRC. It's not supposed to be able to hold those, but I don't have any Hasbro Ripcord launchers around to look at it myself. Still, I'd say it was illegal, given the way things don't line up well, and that it wasn't designed to be used with MFB launchers. Uncertain
(Feb. 18, 2013  5:57 PM)Luck Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2013  5:51 PM)[deleted] Wrote:

What about doing this:

Put it in spoilers, it's a huge image.

I don't even know what you've done there ... To me, the grip looks like a messed up plastics launcher I had a while back ...
And then with an MFB one ?
What's even the point it that ?

It's just a regular plastics grip, the MFB launchers all fit in them, they fit in all three I own and I just bought one brand new.

I'll make a second post about it, but I hope it's legal.