Ask a question, get an answer! #2

First B : D, it's normal that the bearings do an awful sound when the tip stops and the beyblade don't?
I don't think I've asked this before, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself:

In a tournament, why can't bladers using a dual-spin wheel (Gravity, VariAres, etc.) Change what spin direction they launch their blade in the middle of a round? I had expected it to be allowed like CH120 since it doesn't require part swapping, but that isn't the case.
(Feb. 12, 2013  10:21 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I don't think I've asked this before, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself:

In a tournament, why can't bladers using a dual-spin wheel (Gravity, VariAres, etc.) Change what spin direction they launch their blade in the middle of a round? I had expected it to be allowed like CH120 since it doesn't require part swapping, but that isn't the case.

If you mean in between rounds, then yes they can. It says in the Beylauncher LR section that spin direction may be changed in between rounds, which implies that you can change Gravity and Variares' direction within the course of a single battle.
(Feb. 12, 2013  10:21 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I don't think I've asked this before, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself:

you actually can as long as you have a beylauncher L/R or a LL3 for example you attach a variares right spin and next round switch to left spin for round 2 but when you attach you have to use that spin diretion for the round
This is probably a dumb question, but technically, in a tournament, before a match, couldn't you attach two beyblades to two different launchers and use either one of them? I mean its probably not allowed, but technically, it's not breaking any rules is it?
Edit: My God, I've been screwing up a lot lately. Sorry bout that. DJ - Sad.
Ingulit, and Outnumbered. Since both of your questions are about a WBO tournament those questions should go in the "Questions about the WBO" thread.

EDIT: Or it can go here.
(Feb. 12, 2013  10:47 PM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: Ingulit, and Outnumbered. Since both of your questions are about a WBO tournament those questions should go in the "Questions about the WBO" thread.

EDIT: Or it can go here.

This thread is perfectly fine for rule based questions and is commonly used for them. Are you really so big-headed that you're correcting two other members, one of them a Veteran, and doing so after I've told you to stop answering questions here because you evidently have no clue what you're talking about? Enough already!

Outnumbered, if the match has been called, then the first beyblade you put on a launcher is the one you have to use. If you have two pre-attached, the first you touch after the battle is called is the one you must use, I'd think.

@Izkhoort: that is normal, yes.
ShinobuXD: Oh, right, forgot that detail, however there aren't many worthwhile left spin zero-g attackers (especially because they then can't sway right spin opponents), and of course, if they do have Left Spin attack, and you're using right spin with an S tip, you could run into some trouble against Dragooon on CF via OS, too, while most things on RF are going to KO you anyway.
At the very least, between the lack of left spin attack and the ubiquity of B: D, using a sharp tip is generally ill-advised, which should have been mentioned. S-series tips may have some place in Zero-G, but they're still unable to take hits, which means serious defensive use is limited at best to resisting sway - another thing he failed to note at all - and nothing is "great" for defense if it can't take a direct hit.
No, rule-based questions do belong in the Questions about the WBO topic, and we have always redirected people there ...
(Feb. 13, 2013  2:47 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, rule-based questions do belong in the Questions about the WBO topic, and we have always redirected people there ...

http://worldbeyblade.org/search.php?acti...63408af873

Or, search this topic for legal, if that doesn't work - those 23 pages (FWIW searching Questions about the WBO for 'legal' gives only 3 pages) of results won't include everything, of course, as it will only show times people have mentioned that word, and this is the second version of the thread, but as you can see, people are redirected far less than "always" - in fact, it approaches "practically never" (here's one of many posts where you answer a rule-based question in this thread rather than redirecting: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...pid1044925 ).
There's a thread somewhere that is also used for rule based questions (might be the rules topic itself), but this thread is by far the most common place for such questions (especially as practically no one checks that other thread), which practically always get answered.
Questions about the WBO isn't in a game-related subforum, so even if you consider it the right place despite this being the first indication I've seen of that in my time here, at least to the best of my recollection, I'd have to question your judgement there. Perhaps it's silly of me to argue with a committee member on this, but I would at least defend the validity of my post very strongly.

Perhaps you confused rules of tournament play with rules of the site, which do belong there?
You can also search "about the Beyblade hobby", "in a tournament", etc. Whatever words I used, I remember telling people that this topic is only for questions on the Beyblade hobby or toys directly way more, and it was not wrong of the Members above to redirect Ingulit elsewhere ... That is all.
(Feb. 13, 2013  3:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You can also search "about the Beyblade hobby", "in a tournament", etc. Whatever words I used, I remember telling people that this topic is only for questions on the Beyblade hobby or toys directly way more, and it was not wrong of the Members above to redirect Ingulit elsewhere ... That is all.

"In a tournament" gives 5 instances of you answering legality questions, though yes, in ONE of those you do state that this topic is for the toys (no redirection though). Still not a strong number... About the beyblade hobby does bring up an instance of you stating that in response to a rules question, back in 2011 (again, no redirection). 2/6 in your own posts for the search terms you suggested (and none with the redirect "we always" provide) ain't good numbers IMO.

Given that practically all the results I've looked at thus far of posts from you and other experienced members in this about legality have you/them answering questions and not redirecting/stating this is not the correct place, I still don't feel there is any good indication that this is the correct place, and if there is, it clearly has made no impact. At the very least, this is not something clearly indicated in text or actions - in fact, I had always considered the competitive game to be part of the 'hobby', which this thread does cover, and I think it is evident from the numbers in my last post (as well as your actions in all but one instance I've seen so far) that most people, including many experienced members, at the very least do not feel this thread is inappropriate for ruling questions.

Still, I apologise to Beybladepants11 (though I do not at all retract my statement that he should stop answering questions), however I do feel that the redirection was extremely tenuous at best, particularly because Ingulit's question had already been answered (twice, no less) at that point.

EDIT: Ah, here is the topic I was thinking of: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rule-Clarifications and things that are expressly covered and still asked in this thread are generally responded to by linking to the rulebook, or at least telling someone to go there, again, not questions about the WBO.
Either way, I think I've adequately explained my mistake here - at the very least, Questions About the WBO is not a particularly logical place for those questions (Rule Clarifications is, but requires knowledge of its existence AND not making the assumption I made - that the hobby includes competitive play).
My friend wants my befall energy ring for his gemios energy ring. Should I agree??
No, Gemios is among the lightest energy rings out there, granted, they don't do much, every little bit counts.
But I've done a lot of testing with Befall, it's a little less proficient than Cancer by about 10-20 seconds Grin
(Off topic briefly,but returning to the forum after being gone for months cause of work and college.)

So I've used many Defense/Stamina Combos with Basalt/Twisted. But as I was looking through the wiki pages after not doing so in a couple months I'm curious to find out that Bakushin is now regarded as a great defense wheel too. So what I'm now asking is this, which is currently better for Defense/Stamina combinations? Bakushsin or Basalt/Twisted?
Where were you looking? Basalt has always been better than Bakushin.
Both are pretty outclassed, but Basalt is better for defense.
IIRC, Bakushin showed some crazy potential, I'd have to search for tests, but IIRC, Bakushin is slightly better than Basalt for Stamina (Weight Distribution)
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Bakushin_Susanow_90WF

As I've said I haven't kept up with beyblades in at least 3-4 months or so. So if I'm a little mislead I apologize. What outclassed Basalt and Bakushin again? Cause I do remember it was only a year ago that Basalt was still a top tier defense wheel.
Wheels like Duo, Death, and Reviser ^2 outclass Basalt, and Bakushin. This is also Beyblade Wikia not Beywiki.
(Feb. 15, 2013  1:04 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: Wheels like Duo, Death, and Reviser ^2 outclass Basalt, and Bakushin. This is also Beyblade Wikia not Beywiki.

Would Killerken² be considered as one of those defence types, Top Tier Defence
(Feb. 15, 2013  1:25 AM)HDSK Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2013  1:04 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: Wheels like Duo, Death, and Reviser ^2 outclass Basalt, and Bakushin. This is also Beyblade Wikia not Beywiki.

Would Killerken² be considered as one of those defence types, Top Tier Defence

We are not really sure since it's not on the list right now. We are discussing the top-tier list in this thread. But yes, I think Killerken would definitely be worthy for the list.
(Feb. 15, 2013  12:25 AM)Outnumbered Wrote: Where were you looking? Basalt has always been better than Bakushin.

Not for Stamina it hasn't. But both are outclassed today.

(Feb. 15, 2013  1:02 AM)ReploidZero Wrote: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Bakushin_Susanow_90WF

Oh wow. I'm loving what ~Mana~'s done to Beyblade Wikia since I abandoned it last August. It looks like he's gathered a lot more followers then both me and DranzerX13 combined too.
OK, but if it is written that Bakushin is any good, then it is not actually a good sign that there are many "followers" who read those things ...

Disclaimer (Click to View)
I thought it did do really good for defense once people actually properly tested it. Deikailo made a video of it, I know.