Ask a question, get an answer! #2

ok,here's a tricky one-
i was using Phantom Orion 230HF/S against my friend's Flash Orion CH120RF
his Flash gave a knock to my Phantom,making it topsitervy,and the bey losing control,the metal wheel touched the outer part of the stadium,(that is,out of play area)the bey controlled to spin in the stadium for some time
so,is this considered as a stadium out,

(my bey tilted and touch the outer part of the stadia.was using a BB-10)
(Nov. 30, 2012  4:51 PM)zeneo Wrote: ok,here's a tricky one-
i was using Phantom Orion 230HF/S against my friend's Flash Orion CH120RF
his Flash gave a knock to my Phantom,making it topsitervy,and the bey losing control,the metal wheel touched the outer part of the stadium,(that is,out of play area)the bey controlled to spin in the stadium for some time
so,is this considered as a stadium out,

(my bey tilted and touch the outer part of the stadia.was using a BB-10)

That is a tricky one... I don't know the ruling on this, but it would be good to know. When, exactly, is a Bey considered KOed? Does it have to be completely out of the stadium, or can part of the bey be outside and a part be inside and it be okay? If the latter is the case, what parts can be inside the stadium for it to count?
(Nov. 29, 2012  11:06 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: My compiled list of your guys' stuff:
*snip*

This is a fun conversation! Let me comment on this list, though I'm going to ignore the Zero-G stuff since it's not my forte.

Before I get into specifics, one should note that several of these "categories" are really just properties a given bey has more than an actual type of Beyblade, so you'll be seeing me say this a lot.

Attack:
* Smash Attack
This is a property of the majority of "Attack" beys, such that calling a bey an Attacker typically means it's first and foremost a smash attacker (in the BB-10, anyway).
* Force Smasher
This is also a property of a bey, though it's fairly rare such that while I'd hesitate to call it its own category, calling a bey a "Force Smasher" is more descriptive of how it works than just calling it "Attack." HOWEVER, this is assuming that the only thing the bey does is Force Smash; one can have an attacker with elements of Force Smash without that being all it does.
* Upward Smasher
Again, this is a property of a bey more than a type. Some of the earlier "Attack" wheels like Spiral had elements of both smash attack and upper smash, though our current resident top-tier 4D wheels actually don't have much. Flash has a little bit, but its smash attack is so much more important.
* Attack-Stamina Hybrid
Quite simply, this would be a "Balance" type! Any bey that's a combination of any two of the main categories is, by definition, a "Balance" bey.

Defense:
* Weight-Based Defense
I think this is a Zero-G thing, since weight is crucial to any and all defense beys.
* Low-Recoil Defense
Similar to the "Weight-Based Defense" category, this is another part of what makes a good defense type rather than its own category.
* Anti-Attack
Ah, yes, Anti-Attackers. I'm very much for them being their own category, but I feel they're more suited for the "Balance" section personally.

Stamina:
* Standard Stamina
No comment, haha!
* Stamina-Defense Hybrid
Again, this would exactly be a "Balance" type.

Balance
* Spin Stealer/Equalizer
I very much think this should be its own category, yes.
* Anti-Spin Stealer
Ehh, this one not so much. The only ones that come to mind are things like BGrin and Death, and it's probably too much of a niche to be a category. That said, I love me some Death against spin stealers!
* Destabilizer
This is a category that shouldn't be a category. Th!nk has made several posts about how Destabilizers are really just bad Stamina types with a height advantage, and I'm inclined to agree.
* Tornado Staller
Now here is an interesting one! I personally think that Metal Flat is actually a decent Stamina tip because of how good it is at Tornado Stalling, though I'm not sure it'd be its own category.
Thanks for the input on the list, Ingulit! I've made some edits keeping what you had in mind.
Redo w/ input from Ingulit. Grin
Attack (Includes Smash, Force Smash, Upward Smash)
Thought of just noting those as qualities in each, as Ingulit mentioned.
*Sway Attack (ZG)

Defense
*Weight-Based Defense
Putting this because of Diablo and Basalt, which have considerable recoil compared to other Defense Wheels.
*Low-Recoil Defense
Putting this because of Duo and Death, which are not ultra heavy but still work for Defense.
*Sway Defense (ZG)

Stamina

Balance
*Spin-Stealer/Equalizer
I thought just now this would work in Balance because of MF/RDF/XF combos in this category, which sorta skews the "Stamina" aspect of it.
*Attack-Stamina Hybrid
*Anti-Attack
*Stamina-Defense Hybrid
well, thanks for the answers to all of you, i think it got a little too interesting how it turns out with a wave of answers LOL
(Nov. 30, 2012  9:40 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: *Sway Attack (ZG)

*Zero-G Attack
can some moderator check my above post and give me the exact answer?
cause that case given is a very tricky one
0_o
(page no. 853)
if i remember right is only a stadium out if your beyblade becomes trapped in a pocket of your stadium (if its hasbro) or then it literally goes out of the stadium, the walls of it are to keep the beyblade inside, so, i don't see in your explanation why would be a stadium out, tell me if i get it wrong
Hey, I was wondering, what websites could I buy cheap Beys from? Not eBay or Amazon Though. Thanx in advance
just take a 230 stadium
let the metal wheel be outside,
the 230 and performance tip outside,that is,tilt the bey.
the metal part makes contact with the outer part of the stadia
by the way,this was done in BB-10.
hence,the bey is partly out of play area.
so,i wanted to ask,if a little part of the bey is out of the stadia,then is it a KO?
Depends on what 'out' of the stadia is.

If it's beyond the stadia walls, then technically yes. Oh and to add to that, is the air about a stadium considered 'play area'? If not, then shouldn't that be a KO?
(Dec. 01, 2012  8:23 AM)jjepic180 Wrote: Hey, I was wondering, what websites could I buy cheap Beys from? Not eBay or Amazon Though. Thanx in advance

I don't know how much you consider cheap but dimsum2u sells beyblade with a reasonable price & he is a WBO authorized dealer so he is trustworthy & you don't have to worry when buying from him.

Just take a look here:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Authorized-Dealers
(Dec. 01, 2012  1:31 PM)Kujikato Wrote: Depends on what 'out' of the stadia is.

If it's beyond the stadia walls, then technically yes. Oh and to add to that, is the air about a stadium considered 'play area'? If not, then shouldn't that be a KO?

Yeah, on both topics:

1. There was an HMS tourney in Tornado Attack in MD, and my combo got hit, and was resting in between the walls, bumping them, and it was still in, if that helps.

2. What if the bey is hit in the air (like the anime sorta) and falls back in too the stadia?
(Dec. 01, 2012  8:26 AM)zeneo Wrote: just take a 230 stadium
let the metal wheel be outside,
the 230 and performance tip outside,that is,tilt the bey.
the metal part makes contact with the outer part of the stadia
by the way,this was done in BB-10.
hence,the bey is partly out of play area.
so,i wanted to ask,if a little part of the bey is out of the stadia,then is it a KO?

According to the rule book:

From the rule book Wrote:When is a Beyblade considered knocked-out?
‣ A Beyblade is considered out of play once it exits the play area, not when it touches
the floor/ground outside of the BeyStadium. The moment a Beyblade exits the play
area it is considered out of play.

That means if your beyblade "just" touched the floor, you are still safe. Also:

Also from the rule book Wrote:When is a Beyblade considered no longer spinning?
‣ A Beyblade is considered to still be spinning as long as the Beyblade is still able to
complete a full revolution. In the case of Engine Gear Beyblades, they are considered
to still be spinning as long as the upper half is still capable of competing a full
revolution. Once a Beyblade stops spinning, that Beyblade is out of play, and the
BeyBattle ends.

You should also take note of this:

Again from the rule book Wrote:• A Beyblade exits the play area, but is still sitting on the edge of the BeyStadium.
‣ Some BeyStadiums have design features outside of the playing area that Beyblades
can become trapped in. If a Beyblade is knocked past the edge where it can feasibly
return to the playing area of the BeyStadium, it is considered out of play and the
round ends. However, if it continues to spin in an area where it can still re-enter the
playing area, it is in-play.
Well what is the play area...
(Nov. 30, 2012  5:23 AM)Crab Commando Wrote: Is there a difference between the Hasbro and Takara releases of Cyber Pegasis 100HF (other than Hasbro's having a Metal Face)? The paint color seems different, but I might just be looking at weird stock images...
Putting this back up. I really need an answer.
Are the bey points back up yet?
(Nov. 30, 2012  5:23 AM)Crab Commando Wrote: Is there a difference between the Hasbro and Takara releases of Cyber Pegasis 100HF (other than Hasbro's having a Metal Face)? The paint color seems different, but I might just be looking at weird stock images...

They should be exactly the same, save for the Metal Face, as you mentioned, and possible slight variations in paint tint (but that occurs with every painted release, so it shouldn't even be so extreme as 'slight').

(Dec. 01, 2012  9:02 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Are the bey points back up yet?

This is should actually go in the "Questions about the WBO" topic, but the answer is no.
(Dec. 01, 2012  10:16 PM)Insomniac Wrote:

They should be exactly the same, save for the Metal Face, as you mentioned, and possible slight variations in paint tint (but that occurs with every painted release, so it shouldn't even be so extreme as "slight".
Ah, okay. Thanks!

One other thing, the Metal Wheel's paint should be a ruby red color, right?
(Dec. 01, 2012  8:40 PM)Crab Commando Wrote:
Putting this back up. I really need an answer.

The one in the video game is red, but the one thats not is blue
(Dec. 01, 2012  11:19 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: One other thing, the Metal Wheel's paint should be a ruby red color, right?

Yeah, or at least some other hue near it.
(Dec. 02, 2012  1:17 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2012  11:19 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: One other thing, the Metal Wheel's paint should be a ruby red color, right?

Yeah, or at least some other hue near it.
Okay. Thanks again!

OK I wanted to ask this : Can Phantom Orion B:D really spin for seven minutes ? I tried it many times but it didn't.
It stops spinning after the third minute ...
(Dec. 02, 2012  6:35 AM)Kaizer-V Wrote: OK I wanted to ask this : Can Phantom Orion B:D really spin for seven minutes ? I tried it many times but it didn't.
It stops spinning after the third minute ...
The mold of B:D (A1, A2, etc.) and probably the weight of Phantom (the more weight of the metal frame=more centrifugal force, I'd assume) all amount to Phantom's solo spin time.

Personally, mine managed around 6:45 average back when I first got it.
A good mold of Phantom with a well molded B:D can achieve 6-7 minute solo-spin times, and occasionally, yet very rarely, reaching 8. So, yes.

In your case, you may just have a poorly molded Phantom and/or B:D, your launcher could be skipping, or you may not have Phantom and B:D aligned very well.

EDIT: Beaten by Mino!