[Arizona] Spring Break Tournament

so is there anything new about the tournament
aw man!
why did you have to add a fee?Angry
its better to have no prize than to have a fee. Unhappy
(Jan. 29, 2012  10:43 PM)bakumj14 Wrote: aw man!
why did you have to add a fee?Angry
its better to have no prize than to have a fee. Unhappy

Because everyone on this website is just like any regular fan who does not have hundreds to spend into keeping this website up, maintaining ownership of all of its domain names, purchasing awesome prizes for special giveaways, and otherwise generally paying for programs and upgrades to be done professionally. Brad used to pay for this site out of his own pocket when he was probably not even working, and that is unfair. We are a community, so we can directly contribute to it.
If you need someone to do your proposal, I have experience organizing last year's previous tournament at Margaret T Hance Park in Phoenix. We had a pretty good showing of players from places as far as Page and Tucson; the only problem with the format had been that no prizes were awarded due to Wave 3.5 not being out, at the time among other things. But now I'm in a situation financially that means if someone were to need to buy prizes/send the fee money to the WBO/get reimbursed for the prizes, I'd be that guy, I guess?

I'd also be willing to offer up my Quetzalcoatl 90WF as a prize, even if it's an immensely antiquated blade by today's standards.

Oh, I also have a BB-10 stadium. Last time I checked, myself and some other guy were the only two who had jdm stadiums; I'm sure things have changed by now, though.
February really seems to be another exceptional month for the United States. Arizona should definitely join in : I do not think we have been able to gather so many states on the Upcoming Events list except with the Summer Spin Showdown with Toywiz.
I live in Tucson. Would like to come to tournament. Also have a BB-10 stadium to bring. Would need to know date with some advance... did I miss it on here? or is it still up in the air when during March/Spring-Break it will be? That's coming up soon. It's all good. $5 no prob. Hope to be there.
I can come and have a BB-10 just give me a date
Just found this site and I would be interested in coming out when you guys decide on a date. Live in Scottsdale.
Anymore info on the Spring Break tournament.
If it is still on. Will be there !
Come on Flying Waffle any new stuff on the tournament or are you not gonna do it anymore
I'm down if its in Chandler. are there any rules to the type of bey you have?
this is not going anywhere. We should just start a new one.
Sorry FlyingWaffle but i agree im gonna go too
(Feb. 16, 2012  2:42 PM)Noacool1 Wrote: this is not going anywhere. We should just start a new one.

I agree
Bummer! Okay... how do we "start a new one" ? Looks like we have some inertia for this thing, so, who wants to take over and make it happen? (is that the correct way to go about it?)

If we continue with the "Spring Break in Arizona" theme, it looks like in Chandler (and the PHX area) spring break/recess is in the middle of March, like March 12-16 (plus surrounding weekends...or maybe it goes until the 23?) In Tucson, Spring Recess is April 5-9. (seriously! 3days off with a weekend in the middle! Not much of a break!)

So, if I were to make it happen here, it would be on April 7th. But if someone is going to do it in Chandler then how about choose some date near the beginning so bladders can have the opportunity to hang out more during the brake? We could come up from Tucson if it was on a weekend.

How about SUNDAY MARCH 11TH? -Just throwing out a date. Gotta start somewhere I suppose. I really don't know how to organize a tournament and am not able to organize one in Chandler.

To organise a tournament, all you really need is to know the Event Guide and Rulebooks by heart, own at least one legal BeyStadium or be absolutely certain that someone will bring more than one, have at least eight confirmed participants, and just generally be responsible, reliable, etc.
not march 11 i have a soccer touranment in phoenixx
(Feb. 18, 2012  4:47 PM)joshlaurie Wrote: not march 11 i have a soccer touranment in phoenixx
How about March 18th, the following sunday?

(Feb. 18, 2012  6:36 AM)EvanSlash Wrote: Bummer! Okay... how do we "start a new one" ? Looks like we have some inertia for this thing, so, who wants to take over and make it happen? (is that the correct way to go about it?)

If we continue with the "Spring Break in Arizona" theme, it looks like in Chandler (and the PHX area) spring break/recess is in the middle of March, like March 12-16 (plus surrounding weekends...or maybe it goes until the 23?) In Tucson, Spring Recess is April 5-9. (seriously! 3days off with a weekend in the middle! Not much of a break!)

So, if I were to make it happen here, it would be on April 7th. But if someone is going to do it in Chandler then how about choose some date near the beginning so bladders can have the opportunity to hang out more during the brake? We could come up from Tucson if it was on a weekend.

How about SUNDAY MARCH 11TH? -Just throwing out a date. Gotta start somewhere I suppose. I really don't know how to organize a tournament and am not able to organize one in Chandler.
Can u get down to Chandler at all?

are we still going to have the touranment i have not heard any updates in a long time
(Feb. 25, 2012  11:23 PM)joshlaurie Wrote: are we still going to have the touranment i have not heard any updates in a long time

I'm trying to get somthing started but it looks like no one is replying Uncertain

i want to come also chandler would be good. this is jihad
(Feb. 26, 2012  8:20 PM)renrax Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2012  11:23 PM)joshlaurie Wrote: are we still going to have the touranment i have not heard any updates in a long time

I'm trying to get somthing started but it looks like no one is replying Uncertain

What is your thread called