Anyone in college?

(Nov. 16, 2008  1:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2008  11:08 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2008  10:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2008  4:39 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: I like to call Canada "Canadia" to piss her off since shes Canadian.

get out

not only is a large portion of the membership here canadian, this isn't even funny it's just irritating

Take a joke, please.

And also, it doesn't actually irritate her, she actually laughs and goes "Shhhhh!"
So I don't get how it's offensive.

it's not offensive, it's irritating because it's stupid and unfunny

LOL I ADDED AN I IN THE WORD, CANADIA NOT CANADA

ROFL

I'm not going to start an arguement, but considering my teacher finds it amusing, I don't see the problem. Just because your humour is different to that of another person doesn't mean you should slate them for it.
(Nov. 15, 2008  9:28 PM)SK Wrote: - army, carp ridiculous, there's a 50% chance i get called into the carp army next year. i mean what the carp is norway gonna protect themselves from? not like they've been in any wars since WW2. lol. i got topscores on the vision/hearing tests too, so i'm kinda worried i'll actually be called in. i dont really want this, at all

For boys in singapore, there's a 100% chance to get called into army. See if you can come down with some serious medical condition that doesn't inconvenience your daily life.
(Nov. 16, 2008  2:37 PM)Nic Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2008  9:28 PM)SK Wrote: - army, carp ridiculous, there's a 50% chance i get called into the carp army next year. i mean what the carp is norway gonna protect themselves from? not like they've been in any wars since WW2. lol. i got topscores on the vision/hearing tests too, so i'm kinda worried i'll actually be called in. i dont really want this, at all

For boys in singapore, there's a 100% chance to get called into army. See if you can come down with some serious medical condition that doesn't inconvenience your daily life.

I think it's pretty horrible that countries can make people join the army when there are so many pacifists nowadays. I mean, did they not hear the song?

War, huh, yeah!
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing!

So many people say that was is bad but nobody has really done much to stop it. For fear of getting killed I can only suppose. The irony.

I guess people have done stuff to stop it actually, just none have really entirely stopped it. Shame. =/

EDIT: By the way I think countries have a right to defend themselves but not to kill innocent civilians. So I'm semi-pacifist.
Singapore hasn't waged war on anyone, if only because that's suicidal. It pisses me off that I have to go for two years of training before going off to uni, and taking two weeks off every year to maintain training after that, but I'll rather this country have at least a small army than nothing at all.
Graduated from college in the August just gone, with straight B's in English Language, Media Studies and Photography. I'm now in my first year at Bournemouth University studying Multi-media Journalism.
Where do you all live during college? Not sure if I want to move out yet or just stay with my parents and pay rent occasionally. =/
I still live with my mum (Then again, i'm only 16, so yeah)
By the time i'm 19 I will have hoped to move out (Since I'll be in Uni then), but with our current recession and not being able to find jobs because of said recession, chances are slim.
My current uni is just an hour away by train then bus.
I'm doing high school college options, which is full-time college in high school, so I guess I'm technically in college. I go to Ohio University's southern campus.
I hope next semester I still have my scholarships... otherwise my classes rock!
Drawing
Cinema Studies
Tae Kwan Doo
Biology (boooooo)
Piano

I'm just occupied on Tuesday/Thursdays. I'd only need to go to school on Monday and Wed for drawing and then I just have Fridays off Grin
......you guys are OLD.....am i the only middle schooler?
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:21 AM)-WOLF- Wrote: ......you guys are OLD.....am i the only middle schooler?
Yes.
i remember when i was like 10 and everyone on here was like 16-17

good times
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:26 AM)Artie Wrote: i remember when i was like 10 and everyone on here was like 16-17

good times

lol. But I can't really talk either, only 15.
Pass the FCAT wolf!
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:29 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:26 AM)Artie Wrote: i remember when i was like 10 and everyone on here was like 16-17

good times

Pass the FCAT wolf!

erm i go to private school and we have ITBS.....not fun.... ;_;
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:52 AM)-WOLF- Wrote:

good times

Pass the FCAT wolf!

Boo! lol jk.
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:57 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:52 AM)-WOLF- Wrote:

good times

Pass the FCAT wolf!

Boo! lol jk.

Boooo! Is right. I hate my school. I would give a list of reasons but im to lazy.

good times

And even then you were a venom-spewing pain in the carp Tongue_out

Anyway, my line up for next quarter is thus:

English 151 (Intro to fiction writings. This is gonna be boring)
Chemistry 101
Political Science 102 (I love the professor. He's like an overweight Heath Ledger Joker)
Math 115 (Pre-calculus. Ugh)
I managed to secure an interview at Hertford College, Oxford! I've got my week long interview from next tuesday till next friday.

If I get the offer (which will no doubt be AAA), I will be UNBELIEVABLY happy.

If anyone here didn't know, Oxford University is widely regarded as one of the best universities in the world, and is the oldest uni in the English speaking world. It's consistently come 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the last 200 years in world rankings.
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:18 AM)G Wrote: I hope next semester I still have my scholarships... otherwise my classes rock!
Drawing
Cinema Studies
Tae Kwan Doo
Biology (boooooo)
Piano

I'm just occupied on Tuesday/Thursdays. I'd only need to go to school on Monday and Wed for drawing and then I just have Fridays off Grin

Chocked_2 you take taekwondo as a college module?
(Nov. 15, 2008  9:28 PM)SK Wrote: last year of high school
high school starts later and ends later in norway
starts at age 15/16 and ends at 18/19

i havent really decided on next year yet, my options:
- private business uni, biggest in europe i think, studying to be a real-estate agent. I was 100% set on this 6 months ago, but with all this financial crisis carp i'm having second thoughts. two of my other friends are planning to go there too

- football (soccer) coach/analysist, i'm really tempted to do this, but i cant think of many job oppourtinities if i do =/

- lawyer, well i have had law for two years in high school now, if everything else goes wrong, i still have something to fall back on lol

- army, carp ridiculous, there's a 50% chance i get called into the carp army next year. i mean what the carp is norway gonna protect themselves from? not like they've been in any wars since WW2. lol. i got topscores on the vision/hearing tests too, so i'm kinda worried i'll actually be called in. i dont really want this, at all

- year off, kinda tempting, but atm i consider it my least likely option, i'll see how it goes

just a update lol, ive talked to a friend, and we both want to study at least one year in australia, so next year i will hopefully be in a university in australia Smile
Autumn Semester finishes for me at the end of this week.
It goes:
Tomorrow: Welsh Bacc (Urgh, this subject being compulsory sucks!) and Maths
Thursday: Psychology
Friday: Photography and Welsh Bacc.

Monday: Trip to the national portrait gallery with photography class
Tuesday: Teacher said to us today "I wont feel up for teaching you after being in London, so don't bother coming in."
Wednesday: Same as this wednesday
Thursday/Friday: No college.

So it's all easy from here on in, next semester is going to be horrible though.
(Dec. 09, 2008  10:02 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Monday: Trip to the national portrait gallery with photography class
Tuesday: Teacher said to us today "I wont feel up for teaching you after being in London, so don't bother coming in."

XD I wish my teachers were like that. God I hate that place though. We have to go there every year and it's always the same and we always have to do the same work. It's dull as hell.
(Dec. 10, 2008  3:48 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2008  10:02 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Monday: Trip to the national portrait gallery with photography class

XD I wish my teachers were like that. God I hate that place though. We have to go there every year and it's always the same and we always have to do the same work. It's dull as hell.

You hate London? Why? It's such an awesome place.
My photography teachers (Both of them) are very laid back, our deadline for finals was meant to be 3 weeks ago, but it's now this friday since people have missed so much work, and film photography isnt something you can do outside of class because of the darkroom.

But getting up at 5am is going to be a killer, so it's an early night sunday for me. I've decided i'm drinking fanta fruit twist and a pack of skittles to get me on a morning hype, just to do everyone's head in, except my one photography teacher who isn't going (Curse him! I follow him around patting him on the head in lessons because he constantly has bed hair XD)
Man ive been accepted into university if thats any consolation, if im right its the equivalent to college in the US, or if im wrong its wateva comes afta ur senior yrs of high school lol