Anybody here skateboard?

Is it waterlogged? If so, do not take it. It's nearly worthless by then.
It doesn't look as if it is. But I'm not sure so, I should ask her tommorow.
I do i don't know really any tricks
i do alittle
When I was about 14, I tried to be a skater. But constantly falling and putting myself through pain made me lose interest, lol. I guess I wasn't cut out for it :p
Quote:Being a 14 year smoker, I have a hard time breathing quite a bit. Thats kind of a pain IMO. I am looking to quit soon, smoking is really lame.

I also have a hernia and it tends to hurt.
How old are you?
.....................that's from the 'worst pain ever' thread. How did you quote that here? XD
(Mar. 12, 2009  8:35 PM)Rocky Wrote: .....................that's from the 'worst pain ever' thread. How did you quote that here? XD

Wait, are you being serious?
I have a mini skateboard (I can kinda still stand on it) and I learnt to do an ollie (awesome) and i tried to grind on my front garden ledge but hurt my hip
(Mar. 12, 2009  10:42 PM)Aqua_24 Wrote: Wait, are you being serious?

Of course.

Driger how the hell did you manage anything on them? My brother has one - it was impossibly small even when I was like ten. XD
It took one and a half years. At first I could lift it 1cm above the ground but now i can do about 70 CM.
And Im smallllllllllllll (4ft 2 EST)
And big ones are to heavy to lift 70cm!!!!
(Mar. 12, 2009  11:36 PM)Driger Wrote: It took one and a half years. At first I could lift it 1cm above the ground but now i can do about 70 CM.
And Im smallllllllllllll (4ft 2 EST)
And big ones are to heavy to lift 70cm!!!!

your chattin carp the world hightest is like ollie is like 80 something and being 4ft2 nahhhhhh
(Mar. 12, 2009  10:56 PM)Driger Wrote: I have a mini skateboard (I can kinda still stand on it) and I learnt to do an ollie (awesome) and i tried to grind on my front garden ledge but hurt my hip
I resently went to Rampcity which is an indoor skatepark nearby.
I learned how to spine transfer, which I was well pleased with Stupid (it may seem mediocre to you guys)
My friend also broke his wrist trying to disaster on a mini, lol. XD
(Mar. 15, 2009  10:32 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: I resently went to Rampcity which is an indoor skatepark nearby.
I learned how to spine transfer, which I was well pleased with Stupid (it may seem mediocre to you guys)
My friend also broke his wrist trying to disaster on a mini, lol. XD

sounds sick man
(Mar. 15, 2009  10:34 PM)hamix Wrote: sounds sick man

Yesh, it took me half of the day to learn. It's especialy good for me 'cause I hardly ever get the chance to go there.
My friend who broke his wrist's mum won't let him go again because of it, lol. XD
Ok, I am mad about skating and I love tricks but I hate shopping for decks. So this is to help you shop & Post your tricks

Shopping!
First you need the right size!!!:
HIEGHT
Under 4ft = 29” or smaller
4ft to 4ft’10 = 29” to 30” long
4ft 10” to 5ft3” = 30.5” to 31.5” long (good for me!)
5ft3” to 5ft8” = 31.5” to 32” long
5ft8” to 6ft1” = 32” to 32.5” long
Over 6ft1” = 32.4” and up
WIDTH
"For your skateboard’s width, it all depends on how big your feet are. Most skateboards are around 7.5” to 8" wide, but can be wider or narrower. If you have larger feet, get a wider skateboard deck.

Once you have the basic size in mind, you can tweak it a little depending on what you want to do with your board. If you want to skateboard transition or vert, if you want to ride a lot of ramps or spend most of your time riding at the skate park, then a wider board is a good choice (8” wide or more). If you want to ride around streets more, and do more technical tricks with your board then try to keep it under 8” wide. If you are looking for a skateboard to cruise around on, and don’t plan on branching into tricks too much, then a bigger, wider board is always better."

about.com

DESIGN
Everyone loves there design, mine is flames! What is yours?

Some Awesome Brands!
1.Zero
2.Habitat
3.Plan B
4.Element
5.Powell
6.Blind
7.Birdhouse & Blitz Home of Tony Hawk!
8.Girl and Choclate (Very Fancy)
9.Toy Machine (Long Lasting)
10.Alien Workshop

Now post your tricks/injuries!(I will tommorow XD)
Ugh, I just posted a question that this would've helped with in the random thoughts thread. I gotta go now but I'll get back to it tomorrow. ^^;
Ah you guys never railflip? thats so cool. My favorite trick is a Primo Flip its fun. So far I can
manual
Shuv-it
Kickflip(land them sometimes )
heelflip(land them sometimes)
casper
50-50
I skate too, I can do:
Ollie and Ollie 180 (BS and FS)
Kickflip
Backside Kickflip (Sometimes)
Varial Kickflip (Sometimes)
No-Comply 180
Shuv-it
Pop Shuv-it
Fakie Big-spin
Manual - 20 to 40 seconds (yes I have a lot of balance)
Nose Manual - 3 to 4 seconds
One Wheel Manual - 10 to 15 seconds
Boneless and Boneless 180
Nosegrab
Melon (Sometimes)
Mute
Indy
50-50
Feeble
Crooked

And I'll edit this if I can remember more XD
I skated for a couple of months and messed up on a rail and could never look at my board again. I still get skate shoes cos theyre awesome Wink . I did save a ton of money from not buying decks, trucks, wheels, etc.
Now I can do alot more

i can
ollie
shuv it
kickflip
heelflip(land sometimes)
casper 180
primo flip
primo to primo
working on a truckstand but my ankle got hurt so i cant skate for 2 days
Wow this thread is old I just Loled at my shopping guide for skateboards -.-'
Yeah I started skating again and thought of this thread so I briught it back. Joyful_2

Darnit I don't have anywhere to skate... I used to practice on a hard dit spot in our yard but its raining so thats all wet and thw road is so rought it grinds my board to bits Unhappy
Haha cool someone bumped this thread. I have wanted to skate for a long time.

So I bought a bullet complete board about one month ago, so Ive been skating a month. Its great, I really enjoy skating, been going out at night though so as there's not traffic or people to make a fool of my self. lol

So far hmm I can ollie, manual and slide to a a stop on my tail [?called}, kick turns. just basics. ollies aren't that consistent, i know i gotta slide my front foot more to get more height when I ollie.

haven't really taking a licking yet, scuffed my palms that's it. I love carving around.

Any one got videos?