Any idea why the beyblade community is so small in the US?

Just wondering, cause beyblade used to be the carp back in elementary school but ever since hasbro stopped making beys and replaced the half carp job they did at shogun steel with spin-offs nobody ever played it until me and a friend had the nuts to bring a stadium into a middle school classroom and start playing again. Soon others followed and remembered how fun beyblade really is but sadly its not as popular as it should.

Im interested in meeting other beyblade fans so that's cool.

-StormPyxis

Is beyblade popular at your Middle/High school?
Beyblade was only briefly popular for me in my elementary school. Either way, while it isn't the most normal introduction, welcome to the WBO!
(Dec. 29, 2015  6:23 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Beyblade was only briefly popular for me in my elementary school. Either way, while it isn't the most normal introduction, welcome to the WBO!
Thanks, I was never good with introductions so I kinda just posted my thoughts/what brought me back to beyblade. Excited to start collecting again!
(Dec. 29, 2015  6:18 AM)StormPyxis Wrote: Just wondering, cause beyblade used to be the carp back in elementary school but ever since hasbro stopped making beys and replaced the half carp job they did at shogun steel with spin-offs nobody ever played it until me and a friend had the nuts to bring a stadium into a middle school classroom and start playing again. Soon others followed and remembered how fun beyblade really is but sadly its not as popular as it should.

Im interested in meeting other beyblade fans so that's cool.

-StormPyxis

Is beyblade popular at your Middle/High school?
Wow , it's the same in the Philippines , almost everybody in Grade 2 wanted to play beyblade then when i was grade 3/4 , there's no one playing beyblade now except me and my friend. Welcome to WBO m8.
lol Beyblade at school
Brought one to school once
"can I see your spinny thingy"
10 fold.

Anyways; welcome to the Wbo.
Welcome. I think the biggest problem is that nobody knows about it. And some people who know about it don't know how complex and strategic the game is. I think once Burst drops in the US, Beyblade is gonna blow up bigger than ever before. Burst seems to be really attractive to newcomers, because of the excitement of the burst mechanic. I think the best thing is to expose it to as many people as possible, while making sure that they understand the strategy and complexity behind it
(Dec. 29, 2015  8:31 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Welcome. I think the biggest problem is that nobody knows about it. And some people who know about it don't know how complex and strategic the game is. I think once Burst drops in the US, Beyblade is gonna blow up bigger than ever before. Burst seems to be really attractive to newcomers, because of the excitement of the burst mechanic. I think the best thing is to expose it to as many people as possible, while making sure that they understand the strategy and complexity behind it

Yeah, when burst drops in America I can see the community growing exponentially. Since we're currently in hiatus - America wise - the passion for the hobby really died down, for now at least.
Believe me, its smaller here in India...
While there are many bladers, the FAKE beys are mostly bought by people Uncertain
can anyone tell me how to make a thread
From what I can tell it's not so popular in Japan either. Even after the Christmas season, there's still a lot of stock on the shelves.
in my town, its horrible... not only do they not play it but they hate it! though there are significantly more bladers here than in other peoples towns, the people who are haters still outnumber us 100-1 but eh as long as they currently belive that we lost interest in beyblade ( which we didnt) they dont bother us much anymore
Right now beyblade isn't big in the US because hasbro is waiting to release beyblade burst, so only people who are importing them have the newest beyblades and hasbro isn't releasing any new ones. Don't worry though, there are tournaments held by WBO members all over the world, and if there aren't tournaments near you, you can always get friends and users near you and host one yourself !
Terrible in Colorado. There hasn't been a single tourney here. Unhappy but it is mostly because hasbro is not realeasing any of their own right now and the anime re runs aren't showing.
"Those imports"

Pfft, I ain't got time for that. Weeb city here I come
I live in Kansas City myself. I know there are a few people on the boards from here but I have yet to contact them if there are any localized tournaments. I play metal masters and plastics so I can't wait until burst comes out locally.
Back in Britain, when I lived there, there were no people who EVER talked about Beyblade. There was no hate towards Beyblade, just I don't think Hasbro did a great job of importing to Britain, don't really know. Also Raptary is your avatar Guilmon?