[Answered]  What is Reverse Rotation?

Hey Guys, I'm new to beyblade as well as this community. I just wanted to know what the benefits of a reverse rotation bey are, as well as if there are any specific ways that you need to launch it (ex. soft launching). I just bought a nightmare longinus, but it does not burst other beyblades that I own. So that is why I want to know more about left-spin beyblades to improve my technique.
(Dec. 21, 2017  8:29 PM)Will I. Wrote: Hey Guys, I'm new to beyblade as well as this community. I just wanted to know what the benefits of a reverse rotation bey are, as well as if there are any specific ways that you need to launch it (ex. soft launching). I just bought a nightmare longinus, but it does not burst other beyblades that I own. So that is why I want to know more about left-spin beyblades to improve my technique.
The thing with left spin is that slower speeds or fast paced smash attacks can deal damage to burst opponents. For example, I focus on hitting others onto walls with Longinus.
(Dec. 21, 2017  8:29 PM)Will I. Wrote: Hey Guys, I'm new to beyblade as well as this community. I just wanted to know what the benefits of a reverse rotation bey are, as well as if there are any specific ways that you need to launch it (ex. soft launching). I just bought a nightmare longinus, but it does not burst other beyblades that I own. So that is why I want to know more about left-spin beyblades to improve my technique.

Drain Fafnir is the best left spinning bey to burst opponents thanks to the rubber. Reverse rotation means they spin together like gears, so if one spun weaker it would quickly slow the opponent to its speed and it'll speed up to that speed. Since the layer's spin would be slowed from the rest of the bey, so it would click. Drain Fafnir is the best at that due to its rubber. Stock Nightmare Longinus is great whether launched hard or weak.
(Dec. 22, 2017  12:11 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2017  8:29 PM)Will I. Wrote: Hey Guys, I'm new to beyblade as well as this community. I just wanted to know what the benefits of a reverse rotation bey are, as well as if there are any specific ways that you need to launch it (ex. soft launching). I just bought a nightmare longinus, but it does not burst other beyblades that I own. So that is why I want to know more about left-spin beyblades to improve my technique.

Drain Fafnir is the best left spinning bey to burst opponents thanks to the rubber. Reverse rotation means they spin together like gears, so if one spun weaker it would quickly slow the opponent to its speed and it'll speed up to that speed. Since the layer's spin would be slowed from the rest of the bey, so it would click. Drain Fafnir is the best at that due to its rubber. Stock Nightmare Longinus is great whether launched hard or weak.

nL might be the best burst beyblade yet. But for now, he is the best left spinning bey.
(Dec. 22, 2017  2:43 AM)AwesomeKid20094 Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2017  12:11 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Drain Fafnir is the best left spinning bey to burst opponents thanks to the rubber. Reverse rotation means they spin together like gears, so if one spun weaker it would quickly slow the opponent to its speed and it'll speed up to that speed. Since the layer's spin would be slowed from the rest of the bey, so it would click. Drain Fafnir is the best at that due to its rubber. Stock Nightmare Longinus is great whether launched hard or weak.

nL might be the best burst beyblade yet. But for now, he is the best left spinning bey.

Emmm, I wouldn't say BEST. While nL is powerful, if it doesn't get the KO against a bey with more stamina it's over for it. Drain Fafnir has more use against beys with good stamina and can resist attacks on a mediocre level. Basically, I hold nL and dF on an even plane, neither one is exactly better because they're better and worse at certain things.

So I'm going to try to answer this clearly and completely, but reverse rotation in burst is a little complicated to explain so bear with me here.

Anyways, the way the burst mechanic works for same spin battles (i.e. right vs right or left vs left) is that the rotations of the beys oppose each other, so when the beys make contact, both beys encounter resistance from each other, lose rotational speed, and unscrew an amount that depends on the shape tightness of each layer.

In opposite spin battles, things work a little differently. When the beys make contact, instead of opposing each other, they mesh like gears, and the faster spinning bey loses rotational speed as the slower spinning bey gains speed. This is what's usually referred to as spin-stealing or spin-equalization, and only works in this direction: fast spin->slow spin. This transfer of spin will only happen until both beys spin at the same speed, at which point they will lose spin at around the same rate, with neither losing any spin to the other. Contrary to the way beys are marketed, spin direction has nothing to do with which bey steals spin; a right-spinning bey at slow spin speeds will steal spin from a fast spinning left-spin bey, and vice versa.

So, if opposite spin matchups usually wind up with the same spin speed for both beys, how do opposite spin matchups end with anything other than ties? To explain this, I have to explain another beyblade concept we call Life After Death, or LAD. This is the amount of time a bey can remain spinning even after it has tipped over and made contact with the stadium floor. Smoother layers, round disks, and drivers that have free-spinning round components (like hold, destroy, revolve, atomic, and bearing) reduce the amount of friction between the side of the bey and the bey stadium, allowing them to spin longer once tipped over. This usually amounts to only a split second of extra spin time, but once the beys tip over, they usually stop trading spin, and that split second is what makes the difference between victory and defeat in an opposite-spin stamina battle.

But what does this have to do with the burst mechanic? Well, you may have noticed that right-spin and left-spin burst beyblades screw together in opposite directions. What this means is that the same principles of spin-stealing can be losely applied to bursting in opposite spin matchups. Basically, as the faster spinning bey hits they other bey and slows down, it unscrews in a similar way to the way it does in a same-spin matchup. The layer encounters resistance trying to speed up the rotation of the slower bey, and consequently, gets closer to bursting. However, the slower spinning bey does the opposite: because it is GAINING spin from the faster bey, it gets hit in a direction that would TIGHTEN the layer, so it usually does not get any closer to bursting. All this means that the slower bey is incredibly burst-resistant, while the faster spinning-bey has to worry about being burst like normal. This is the basis for a technique called "low velocity burst," where heavy beys in opposite spin matchups are purposefully launched very weakly, or in the case Fafnir of the anime, hand-spun, so that the opposing bey bursts itself trying to speed up the slower, heavier opponent.

So why are Left-spin, or reverse rotation beys always advertised as spin stealers/low velocity bursters, while we never get the same advertisement for right spin beys? It's simply because there are a LOT or right-spin layers, and not a lot of left-spin layers, meaning that you're most likely to encounter right-spinning layers when you battle, so you're most likely to be able to steal spin and low-velocity burst if you use Left-spin layers. Because both right-spin and left-spin beys can exhibit these traits in opposite spin-battles, the only way to be sure you can take advantage of them is to use a bey that can spin in BOTH directions, like Legend Spriggan or Spriggan Requiem.

In summary, the likely reason your nightmare longinus does not burst any of the beys you own is because you are launching it as hard, or harder than the beys you battle it against. When battling in opposite-spin matchups, you always want your bey to be spinning slower, which means launching it weaker than your opponent. This makes your bey the receiver of the spin, making your opponents bey more likely to burst. You also want your bey to have a high amount of LAD, which can be provided by drivers like Destroy, Hold, Atomic, and Bearing, and in the case of nL, frames like glaive and cross. Because you already own Nightmare Longinus, and also because Destroy is shaping up to be one of the best drivers for LAD currently, I'd say stick with your stock nL, and maybe look into adding glaive to give it a small edge LAD-wise, or Bump for extra weight.

Technique-wise, in opposite spin matchups with nL.Ds, I'd launch weakly, and in a way that would promote as much contact with the opposing bey as possible, that way it can spend as much time as it can spin-stealing so that when it comes down to the stamina battle, the opposing bey will have either bursted already, or lose to the LAD of Destroy. In the rarer same-spin matchups, I'd launch nL.Ds as an attack type, using a hard banking/sliding shoot to attempt to win with standard burst/over finishes. (here's a link on how to bank/slide shoot if you don't already know how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dkH4NMzdL4)

I hope this helps you out, feel free to pm me if you need any clarification or have any other questions, and happy blading! :)
(Dec. 22, 2017  10:09 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote:

So I'm going to try to answer this clearly and completely, but reverse rotation in burst is a little complicated to explain so bear with me here.

Anyways, the way the burst mechanic works for same spin battles (i.e. right vs right or left vs left) is that the rotations of the beys oppose each other, so when the beys make contact, both beys encounter resistance from each other, lose rotational speed, and unscrew an amount that depends on the shape tightness of each layer.

In opposite spin battles, things work a little differently. When the beys make contact, instead of opposing each other, they mesh like gears, and the faster spinning bey loses rotational speed as the slower spinning bey gains speed. This is what's usually referred to as spin-stealing or spin-equalization, and only works in this direction: fast spin->slow spin. This transfer of spin will only happen until both beys spin at the same speed, at which point they will lose spin at around the same rate, with neither losing any spin to the other. Contrary to the way beys are marketed, spin direction has nothing to do with which bey steals spin; a right-spinning bey at slow spin speeds will steal spin from a fast spinning left-spin bey, and vice versa.

So, if opposite spin matchups usually wind up with the same spin speed for both beys, how do opposite spin matchups end with anything other than ties? To explain this, I have to explain another beyblade concept we call Life After Death, or LAD. This is the amount of time a bey can remain spinning even after it has tipped over and made contact with the stadium floor. Smoother layers, round disks, and drivers that have free-spinning round components (like hold, destroy, revolve, atomic, and bearing) reduce the amount of friction between the side of the bey and the bey stadium, allowing them to spin longer once tipped over. This usually amounts to only a split second of extra spin time, but once the beys tip over, they usually stop trading spin, and that split second is what makes the difference between victory and defeat in an opposite-spin stamina battle.

But what does this have to do with the burst mechanic? Well, you may have noticed that right-spin and left-spin burst beyblades screw together in opposite directions. What this means is that the same principles of spin-stealing can be losely applied to bursting in opposite spin matchups. Basically, as the faster spinning bey hits they other bey and slows down, it unscrews in a similar way to the way it does in a same-spin matchup. The layer encounters resistance trying to speed up the rotation of the slower bey, and consequently, gets closer to bursting. However, the slower spinning bey does the opposite: because it is GAINING spin from the faster bey, it gets hit in a direction that would TIGHTEN the layer, so it usually does not get any closer to bursting. All this means that the slower bey is incredibly burst-resistant, while the faster spinning-bey has to worry about being burst like normal. This is the basis for a technique called "low velocity burst," where heavy beys in opposite spin matchups are purposefully launched very weakly, or in the case Fafnir of the anime, hand-spun, so that the opposing bey bursts itself trying to speed up the slower, heavier opponent.

So why are Left-spin, or reverse rotation beys always advertised as spin stealers/low velocity bursters, while we never get the same advertisement for right spin beys? It's simply because there are a LOT or right-spin layers, and not a lot of left-spin layers, meaning that you're most likely to encounter right-spinning layers when you battle, so you're most likely to be able to steal spin and low-velocity burst if you use Left-spin layers. Because both right-spin and left-spin beys can exhibit these traits in opposite spin-battles, the only way to be sure you can take advantage of them is to use a bey that can spin in BOTH directions, like Legend Spriggan or Spriggan Requiem.

In summary, the likely reason your nightmare longinus does not burst any of the beys you own is because you are launching it as hard, or harder than the beys you battle it against. When battling in opposite-spin matchups, you always want your bey to be spinning slower, which means launching it weaker than your opponent. This makes your bey the receiver of the spin, making your opponents bey more likely to burst. You also want your bey to have a high amount of LAD, which can be provided by drivers like Destroy, Hold, Atomic, and Bearing, and in the case of nL, frames like glaive and cross. Because you already own Nightmare Longinus, and also because Destroy is shaping up to be one of the best drivers for LAD currently, I'd say stick with your stock nL, and maybe look into adding glaive to give it a small edge LAD-wise, or Bump for extra weight.

Technique-wise, in opposite spin matchups with nL.Ds, I'd launch weakly, and in a way that would promote as much contact with the opposing bey as possible, that way it can spend as much time as it can spin-stealing so that when it comes down to the stamina battle, the opposing bey will have either bursted already, or lose to the LAD of Destroy. In the rarer same-spin matchups, I'd launch nL.Ds as an attack type, using a hard banking/sliding shoot to attempt to win with standard burst/over finishes. (here's a link on how to bank/slide shoot if you don't already know how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dkH4NMzdL4)

I hope this helps you out, feel free to pm me if you need any clarification or have any other questions, and happy blading! Smile
Thank you so much! You really explained it well. I finally understand it, and your advice should really help me in battle. My last question is this: are there any actual advantages to reverse rotation (as in longinus' case) and in the anime why is it that lui still appears to launch at normal speed?
(Dec. 22, 2017  4:39 PM)Will I. Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2017  10:09 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: So I'm going to try to answer this clearly and completely, but reverse rotation in burst is a little complicated to explain so bear with me here.

I hope this helps you out, feel free to pm me if you need any clarification or have any other questions, and happy blading! Smile
Thank you so much! You really explained it well. I finally understand it, and your advice should really help me in battle. My last question is this: are there any actual advantages to reverse rotation (as in longinus' case) and in the anime why is it that lui still appears to launch at normal speed?

Left spin will intercept right spin patterns creating head on collisions and in L2, nL, lS, and Sr cases the impact will allow for fast KOs sometimes. Also against right spin left has slightly better burst resistance than against other left spin beyblades.

In lui's case, L2 and nL is a serious attack type. The strong launch gives high speed and ultimately high attack, burst and KO.
Don't forget that spin equalization is enhanced by materials that increase friction
(Dec. 22, 2017  12:11 AM)dt1000 Wrote:

(Dec. 22, 2017  10:09 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote:

I hope this helps you out, feel free to pm me if you need any clarification or have any other questions, and happy blading! :)

great explanation friend. Just also to add that precession is also thing that matter OSing opposite spin. check my thread out for better explanation https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Zombie-...e-opponent

also to add weak launching can be countered with another weak launch lol then it comes to presession and LAD. @[Will I.] I would say bank/tilt you launcher to right side. I found this helps alot for left spin attacker. also like XYZ-Jaden said, beys works like gear thats why it doesn't burst other beys. but it can KO them and you can still win that way
To continue what Mage said, rubber improves spin equalization but a full rubber ring will give it a disadvantage. The best shape for spin stealing is a patch of rubber then a recoil point so you take some spin and then knock the other beyblade back. This prevents the other beyblade from taking a lot of the spin back. This is why dF is somewhat a triangle. The best driver for spin stealing left spin combos is bearing for its unrivaled precision and combined with seven glave the combo is dF.7G.Br
Wow..I really got to know soooo much about spin stealing ....reverse Rotation...About the performance tips etc.....Thanx everybody...My remaining all doubts r cleared though I had all Of the doubts in my mind before...
(Dec. 22, 2017  4:39 PM)Will I. Wrote: Thank you so much! You really explained it well. I finally understand it, and your advice should really help me in battle. My last question is this: are there any actual advantages to reverse rotation (as in longinus' case) and in the anime why is it that lui still appears to launch at normal speed?

Glad to help :) 

But to answer this question: there is no inherent strength to reverse rotation. You can see this in the plastics generation where any bey could be right or left spin, where every combo has an opposite-spin counterpart, and predicting your opponents spin direction is vital to choosing your combo. In burst, however, most beys can only spin in one direction, meaning that you are more likely to face a same-spin matchup if you choose right-spin, and on opposite spin matchup if you choose left spin. So if you like opposite-spin techniques (like me lmao) you should choose left-spin, and if you like same-spin techniques, you should choose right. It's still a good idea to learn both, that way you can be prepared for those less common left vs left matchups if you choose to use nL going forward
(Dec. 22, 2017  9:44 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2017  4:39 PM)Will I. Wrote: Thank you so much! You really explained it well. I finally understand it, and your advice should really help me in battle. My last question is this: are there any actual advantages to reverse rotation (as in longinus' case) and in the anime why is it that lui still appears to launch at normal speed?

Glad to help Smile 

But to answer this question: there is no inherent strength to reverse rotation. You can see this in the plastics generation where any bey could be right or left spin, where every combo has an opposite-spin counterpart, and predicting your opponents spin direction is vital to choosing your combo. In burst, however, most beys can only spin in one direction, meaning that you are more likely to face a same-spin matchup if you choose right-spin, and on opposite spin matchup if you choose left spin. So if you like opposite-spin techniques (like me lmao) you should choose left-spin, and if you like same-spin techniques, you should choose right. It's still a good idea to learn both, that way you can be prepared for those less common left vs left matchups if you choose to use nL going forward

Thanks so much! I'm really liking the reverse rotation methods, so I think I'm going to stick with them. Thank you to everyone who replied to my questions.