[Answered]  What are Beyblades (burst) Made of? (TT only)

I've been wondering about this for a while and am doing a school project that involves what the parts are made out of. I'm asking for a specific answer, not a broad answer. An example is obviously the Beyblades are made of plastic and metal, what I'm wondering is what is the particular plastic that TT uses, what metal they're most likely using (natural resources used to make the metal), and how they're made in the factory. I understand that these questions are difficult to answer but any help is appreciated.  I'll do research myself as well.
I have no idea sorry but when is your project? I might be able to help get info before the deadline (no promises though.)
(Mar. 08, 2023  9:01 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: I have no idea sorry but when is your project? I might be able to help get info before the deadline (no promises though.)

Actually, it's already turned in, I researched for like 3-4 hours and learned a lot actually. I'll post my findings later today
(Mar. 08, 2023  9:15 PM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2023  9:01 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: I have no idea sorry but when is your project? I might be able to help get info before the deadline (no promises though.)

Actually, it's already turned in, I researched for like 3-4 hours and learned a lot actually. I'll post my findings later today

Oh ok cool.

Also what did you say on my post about rage longinus vs turbo/rise beys as I cant view it.
(Mar. 12, 2023  9:48 AM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2023  9:15 PM)lil-iz Wrote: Actually, it's already turned in, I researched for like 3-4 hours and learned a lot actually. I'll post my findings later today

Oh ok cool.

Also what did you say on my post about rage longinus vs turbo/rise beys as I cant view it.

Oh, I said It's highly possible to beat them all if they're hasbro beys, but TT is hard to determine, cause it might lose to Archer Hercules or Judgement.

Here's a copy/paste of my assignment, it might be a bit confusing cause it's a high school assignment. Honestly, I'm still questioning if the pricing for God Valkyrie is legit now, cause that's an insane production cost. (Although I did factor in extra costs like machine cost/packaging/etc.) Lastly, God Valkyrie is not $12 anymore due to it not being produced. It is $60 on Beysandbricks :-:.
4 Factors of Production
Product: Beyblades (Takara Tomy Burst Generation)

Land and Capital
What are the natural and human resources Beyblades are made of? If we take a look at a Beyblade we notice that they are made up of different types of resources, such as plastic, paper, metal, and rubber. So we will be taking a look at what natural resources are found in these human-made resources. Before we do this we must know that a Beyblade is made of 3 main parts, the layer, forge disc, and driver. The layers and drivers mainly consist of plastic with small amounts of metal. The forge disc is made out of metal with the occasional plastic added on the outer edge. (Note: Since this a toy product, the exact resources used are secret)

Plastic: Beyblade plastic is most likely made of polycarbonate plastic, which is a combination of bisphenol A (BPA; C15H16O2) and phosgene (COCl2). In other words, it’s made of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Chlorine
Stickers: The stickers on the Beyblade products are made of paper (sometimes laminated paper), which comes from trees/wood. The laminated paper however is just paper with an extra coat of plastic to provide the sticker with a reflective and tougher cover.

Metal: The metal on the Beyblades is commonly believed to be made of a strong die-cast due to it not being magnetic. Die-cast is a molten metal (possibly carbon+zinc or magnesium based on the colors) that is put in a Hot-chamber that compresses the metal under high temperatures into a mold cavity (the container used to make the desired object/shape)

Rubber: Rubber is made from either natural or synthetic components and there is both hard and soft rubber. Rubber goes through a process known as vulcanization where it undergoes a heating phase that creates extra bonds to produce stronger rubber. Hard rubber is a durable natural rubber that undergoes vulcanization for longer periods and is known as an Ebonite. Soft rubber is found in both but is most likely synthetic since it is easier to manufacture and is known as an Elastomer. However, Soft rubber is not as durable but is considered better in the Beyblade meta. (for attack and spin-equalizers)
Labor and Entrepreneurship

For this section, we will quickly go over what jobs are required for making these materials and who sells this. A machinist qualifies to work with machines that produce and modify metal, rubber, and plastic parts. All of the parts are produced in Vietnam, which has an average monthly revenue of 4,940,000 VND per month or $208 US, which is not much. The sticker pack is only 3cmx3cm area on average, but since sticker prices vary, we will have to estimate that they cost about $0.12 for 1 sticker set. Lastly, the cost of polycarbonate plastic per pound is about $1.90, so for example, a God Valkyrie plastic weighs about 20 grams, which is about 0.0441 pounds, meaning that one God Valkyrie (plastic only) cost $0.08379. The forge disc weighs about 21 grams and costs $1.30 per pound of zinc/$2.10 per pound of magnesium, which is about $0.06019 or $0.09723 for one. (total=0.18102 or 0.14398). Lastly, the store price for one of these is $11.12, so if we add an extra 3$ for shipping, the toy container, and any other additional cost, that leaves us with a profit of around $7.5 (not exact).
I know this is late, but if you're still curious, the metal is Zamak, most likely zamak 3, but I recall 4 and 5 being thrown around as well.

The Plastic is usually ABS or Polycarbonate, sometimes POM, but Hasbro use a weaker blend than TT.
plastic and very light metal...
(Mar. 14, 2023  2:11 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: plastic and very light metal...

Extremely untrue. Burst beys are very heavy.
(Mar. 14, 2023  3:10 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:

some vary. not all are heavy. thats very untrue
(Mar. 14, 2023  3:48 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2023  3:10 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Extremely untrue. Burst beys are very heavy.
some vary. not all are heavy. thats very untrue

Zamak is a relatively heavy metal though, as opposed to say Aluminium.
(Mar. 14, 2023  3:51 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2023  3:48 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: some vary. not all are heavy. thats very untrue

Zamak is a relatively heavy metal though, as opposed to say Aluminium.

I agree no doubt there are! I own a few of them. But I think sometimes like my ace dragon are pretty light weight
(Mar. 14, 2023  1:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: I know this is late, but if you're still curious, the metal is Zamak, most likely zamak 3, but I recall 4 and 5 being thrown around as well.

The Plastic is usually ABS or Polycarbonate, sometimes POM, but Hasbro use a weaker blend than TT.

Oh, thanks for the input! Are the Zamak only being used in the TT products and switch strike series?

(Mar. 14, 2023  3:10 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:

I'm guessing they mean Hasbro (turbo and up) beys. Cause like have you seen the sting disc from Hasbro? I saw it yesterday and it is SMALL!
(Mar. 14, 2023  5:42 PM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2023  1:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: I know this is late, but if you're still curious, the metal is Zamak, most likely zamak 3, but I recall 4 and 5 being thrown around as well.

Oh, thanks for the input! Are the Zamak only being used in the TT products and switch strike series?

(Mar. 14, 2023  3:10 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Extremely untrue. Burst beys are very heavy.

I'm guessing they mean Hasbro (turbo and up) beys. Cause like have you seen the sting disc from Hasbro? I saw it yesterday and it is SMALL!
Yeah, if they're using hasbro as reference then they're misinformed. TT burst beys are in the 70's when it comes to weight.
(Mar. 14, 2023  5:42 PM)lil-iz Wrote:

Zamak is used for just about any molded metal part in every series of beyblade (I'm unsure if the metal tips from V Force are molded or machined). It's the metal used for most die cast parts in pretty much any toy in fact, though different zamak #'s are used in different regions and for different purposes.