[Answered]  Still can't launch properly. Y?

Hey everybody! Despite the fact i use burst beys since 2017, i still can't launch as i want to. I mean, the string launchers don't give their best (my fault, of course). I usually grab my l/r launchers with my left hand, i feel it greatly. Then, with my right hand's thumb and point finger, i take the tiny handle and try the best i can do. It doesn't work. For example, i still haven't activate any burst stopper on my Cho-z Achilles and Valkyrie yet (!). I need A LOT of help, like a tutorial or something. Even with a light launcher and a long winder, nah. Gotta work on that too. 
And the Hasbro's white switchstrike launchers. I have problems with them too. If i soft launch, everything goes right. If i hard launch, all they do is making an awful sound and the beys fall onto the stadium with low power (just like i hand-spun them).
What you can say to improve in launching, in general?
Thank you for reading!
(Aug. 10, 2019  6:46 PM)Hi bblader/90 Wrote: Hey everybody! Despite the fact i use burst beys since 2017, i still can't launch as i want to. I mean, the string launchers don't give their best (my fault, of course). I usually grab my l/r launchers with my left hand, i feel it greatly. Then, with my right hand's thumb and point finger, i take the tiny handle and try the best i can do. It doesn't work. For example, i still haven't activate any burst stopper on my Cho-z Achilles and Valkyrie yet (!). I need need. A LOT of help, like a tutorial or something. Even with a light launcher and a long winder, nah. Gotta work on that too. 
And the Hasbro's white switchstrike launchers. I have problems with them too. If i soft launch, everything goes right. If i hard launch, all they do is making an awful sound and the beys fall onto the stadium with low power (just like i hand-spun them).
Thank you for reading!

From what you have said here it sounds as though your launcher might be broken, which would make sense as personally I’ve found that after continuous strong launch’s LR launchers tend to break quite easily and start to skip gears internally, so maybe it’s not your launch but your launcher
(Aug. 10, 2019  7:33 PM)Bladerbill Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2019  6:46 PM)Hi bblader/90 Wrote: Hey everybody! Despite the fact i use burst beys since 2017, i still can't launch as i want to. I mean, the string launchers don't give their best (my fault, of course). I usually grab my l/r launchers with my left hand, i feel it greatly. Then, with my right hand's thumb and point finger, i take the tiny handle and try the best i can do. It doesn't work. For example, i still haven't activate any burst stopper on my Cho-z Achilles and Valkyrie yet (!). I need need. A LOT of help, like a tutorial or something. Even with a light launcher and a long winder, nah. Gotta work on that too. 
Thank you for reading!

From what you have said here it sounds as though your launcher might be broken, which would make sense as personally I’ve found that after continuous strong launch’s LR launchers tend to break quite easily and start to skip gears internally, so maybe it’s not your launch but your launcher

Hi, are you talking about Hasbros or TT's l/r? Anyway i don't think my switchstrike launchers are broken, my ripcords are not perfectly straight so it may be the reason why they do that infernal noise with strong launches. I barely used them a bit.

Another thing: i can launch harder with my tiny blue Hasbro launchers than when i use the light launcher r + long winder for testing classic format combos.
(Aug. 10, 2019  8:40 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2019  7:33 PM)Bladerbill Wrote: From what you have said here it sounds as though your launcher might be broken, which would make sense as personally I’ve found that after continuous strong launch’s LR launchers tend to break quite easily and start to skip gears internally, so maybe it’s not your launch but your launcher

Hi, are you talking about Hasbros or TT's l/r? Anyway i don't think my switchstrike launchers are broken, my ripcords are not perfectly straight so it may be the reason why they do that infernal noise with strong launches. I barely used them a bit.

Another thing: i can launch harder with my tiny blue Hasbro launchers than when i use the light launcher r + long winder for testing classic format combos.
I was talking about the Takara Tomy LR strings, also if you click your launcher when putting a beys on it that can interfere
(Aug. 10, 2019  6:46 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hey everybody! Despite the fact i use burst beys since 2017, i still can't launch as i want to. I mean, the string launchers don't give their best (my fault, of course). I usually grab my l/r launchers with my left hand, i feel it greatly. Then, with my right hand's thumb and point finger, i take the tiny handle and try the best i can do. It doesn't work. For example, i still haven't activate any burst stopper on my Cho-z Achilles and Valkyrie yet (!). I need need. A LOT of help, like a tutorial or something. Even with a light launcher and a long winder, nah. Gotta work on that too. 
Thank you for reading!

Well, I've had the same problems with String Launchers and I would say maybe get The Pheonix Launcher or the launcher from the Dragon DX set as that's what I use and my beys launch better now.
If you're talking about TT LR Beylaunchers, try this: put some strips of masking tape on the 8-shaped ratchet found in the rotating prong of the launcher, and also some masking tape along the ridges (where the protrusions of the 8-shaped ratchet touch and make the clicking and gut-wrenching noises when you hard launch) on the inner side of the said prong.

The masking tape will act as cushion for forceful launching without causing too much interference with the rotation of the prong itself; another suggestion was to use hot glue instead, but I have little confidence doing it on mine.

If you do it right, it should lessen the clicking sounds along with correctly applying strength in the rotations of your launched Beys. This can also be done to fresh copies to prolong time where plastic-on-plastic friction wear sets in.

Another possible reason is that maybe the internals are already shot from overuse/abuse and may require a new one bought instead (cuz if you modify like put Mighty Bond/super glue/wonder glue on the broken parts it will just be a band-aid solution).

You can also just use the LR Ripcord Long winder from the DX Ace Dragon or Diabolos Set, as it feels quite sturdy and reliable, capable of easily popping out the Chouzetsu Wings on all three Chouzetsu Kakusei Beys
Thank you for your answers, really appreciated those! The horrible noise only comes from switchstrike launchers when i do a hard launch, right after that the beys just fall onto the stadium and barely spins. I have no skipping issues or disturbing sounds with my TT's l/r and light launchers right spin only or light launchers left spin only (i had that issue in the past, when i had the Legend Spriggan's L/R light launchers but everybody told they were kind of defective and anyway i'm not involving them in this thread). The thing i can't figure out is why, for unknown reasons, i can't use them properly.
(Aug. 11, 2019  1:28 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: If you're talking about TT LR Beylaunchers, try this: put some strips of masking tape on the 8-shaped ratchet found in the rotating prong of the launcher, and also some masking tape along the ridges (where the protrusions of the 8-shaped ratchet touch and make the clicking and gut-wrenching noises when you hard launch) on the inner side of the said prong.

Do you have a reliable way to remove the 8-shaped thingy without breaking the two small white tabs holding the rotating black piece? I've only ever done it to my old light launcher for spare parts, but I notice the two small white tabs does not hold the black rotating parts well anymore after forcefully removing it.
(Aug. 12, 2019  4:16 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2019  1:28 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: If you're talking about TT LR Beylaunchers, try this: put some strips of masking tape on the 8-shaped ratchet found in the rotating prong of the launcher, and also some masking tape along the ridges (where the protrusions of the 8-shaped ratchet touch and make the clicking and gut-wrenching noises when you hard launch) on the inner side of the said prong.

Do you have a reliable way to remove the 8-shaped thingy without breaking the two small white tabs holding the rotating black piece? I've only ever done it to my old light launcher for spare parts, but I notice the two small white tabs does not hold the black rotating parts well anymore after forcefully removing it.

Two flat-head screwdrivers should be enough to pop it off safely from the shaft. Not sure how you actually would break that 8-thingy (lol) but if you did break it already, you're going to have to buy a new one. 

My tip with the masking tape method is my trick to prolonging the life of the 8-thingy and the innards of the prong. I did have the idea to put strips of masking tape in the gears as well, but I'm not quite sure if I'd risk a brand new one just to see how it'd go.
Oh I did not break the 8 shaped part. That thing comes off easily. I'm having trouble detaching the black part which houses it (its where you attach your bey) from the middle shaft. The 2 tabs on the white middle shaft is small but it holds the part quite tightly.
(Aug. 12, 2019  6:24 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Oh I did not break the 8 shaped part. That thing comes off easily. I'm having trouble detaching the black part which houses it (its where you attach your bey) from the middle shaft. The 2 tabs on the white middle shaft is small but it holds the part quite tightly.

Ahh I see. I just use my thumbs (painfully at that) to pop the black prong thing. Slide your thumb underneath (where there are grooves/holes that the protective case for the prong latches on) the prong on one side and gradually apply force to eventually pop it off
do you have single spin string launchers? because if you have (like mine) it wont break easily and you can abuse him with so much force (but not too much force) i release the cord after pulling it than keeping it in my hand to maximize power and minimize the breaking risk
(Aug. 14, 2019  11:57 AM)Creeperalpha Wrote: do you have single spin string launchers? because if you have (like mine) it wont break easily and you can abuse him with so much force (but not too much force) i release the cord after pulling it than keeping it in my hand to maximize power and minimize the breaking risk

That is how TT did advise on proper Beylauncher usage (since MFB, iirc), so holding on to the launching bit upon end of launch would either have the string snap or damage the internals beyond repair
(Aug. 18, 2019  1:43 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2019  11:57 AM)Creeperalpha Wrote: do you have single spin string launchers? because if you have (like mine) it wont break easily and you can abuse him with so much force (but not too much force) i release the cord after pulling it than keeping it in my hand to maximize power and minimize the breaking risk

That is how TT did advise on proper Beylauncher usage (since MFB, iirc), so holding on to the launching bit upon end of launch would either have the string snap or damage the internals beyond repair

It would also make you launch very weirdly. This can result in not even landing in the stadium. A lot of practice is required to use String Launchers, but it's really easy to do once you get used to it, bblader/90.