[Answered]  Starting in Beyblade - Storm Spriggan K.U

Hi All,

(Note: everything I talk about is Beyblade Burst TakaraTomy stuff)

So, my son asked for a Beyblade Stadium for Christmas with a Victory Valkyrie and my other son got a Zillion Zeus. I played Beyblade with them so much that I got a Beyblade of my own yesterday - Storm Spriggan K.U. 

I got it because it was a Balance type and since I didn't plan on collecting Beyblades myself, I wanted a flexible Beyblade that would be competitive against any of the other three types. I've been using it against the Beyblades of my kids and from memory they have:

Chaos Cerberus
Unlock Unicorn
Holy Horusood
Victory Valkyrie
Wild Wyvern
Zillion Zeus

All the launchers we have a the basic ones from the starter kits.

The first thing I notice about the Storm Spriggan is how wild it can get in the stadium. It can go wide circular, does alternating ovals and even does this weird diamond pattern. When it doesn't spin out of play, it seems to be able to beat pretty much any of the other Beyblades I listed above (but Victory Valkyrie is the hardest). So, I have a few questions:

1) What's the best guide, Youtube channel or website I can go to for specific Beyblade Burst tactics?
2) I can't find much information on the Storm Spriggan K.U. Is it considered a strong, average or weak Beyblade? 
3) What are the Spriggan's strengths and weaknesses as discovered by veteran Beyblade players?
4) So in Japanese, the three parts of a Beyblade Burst are Layer, Disc and Driver. Is it the same in English?
5) Any tips on improving the metal disc? The "Knuckle" disc looks pretty average. It doesn't have the smooth curves of the Stamina types or the jagged teeth of the attack types.

Thanks.
Storm Spriggan isn't really a good beyblade, it Bursts too easily. If you want a good one out of the box, the best I can think of is Odin Central Blow or Valkyrie Spread Survive. If you want good combos, I recommend you get Dark Deathscyther or Rising Ragnaruk.
The Central disc for the Odin is just a plain circle.
What advantage does that have?
Well, it has none, it's just the beyblade as a whole I recommend if you can only get one beyblade. If you want to customise, the Odin wheel is excellent for stamina and defense.
Welcome to the WBO!

1) I can't really name any Beyblade-dedicated YouTube Channels that provide much of the educational side of Beyblade. The WBO forum is your best bet out there; please always feel free to ask questions on our site.

2/3) Storm Spriggan K.U. is definitely no more than average. It features a Layer with acceptable raw attack power, but a poor underside to pull it down and Disk that is always super welcome for Attack and Stamina purpose. Unite features inconsistency for Attack from potential residue collection and wear, but can be used for Defense, with risks of poor stamina. I suggest definitely taking a look at this: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-to...n-12-31-16

4) Beyblade Burst pieces are referred to as Energy Layers, Forge Disks and Performance Tips in Hasbro's Beyblade Burst remakes. They are pretty wonky changes, so luckily most still refer to them by their original names.

5) For Stamina purpose, the rule of the more circular, the better the Disk is applies in most cases. This makes Knuckle pretty ideal. Spread, Heavy, and Gravity tend to work at around the same level.
Out of the Beyblades I mentioned:

Storm Spriggan
Chaos Cerberus
Unlock Unicorn
Holy Horusood
Victory Valkyrie
Wild Wyvern
Zillion Zeus

Can someone do a quick tier ranking for me (weak, average, strong)?
And of the strongs (if any) which one is the best?

From the info in the link you provided to me Mitsu, I might have to get a Neptune and a Spriggan Heavy Defense.
Next time I go to Japan, I'll have to do some pre-research on some good customizable parts as well. Pretty sure Japan would have lots of gachapon machines with disks and drivers etc etc
Storm Spriggan - OK
Kerbeus (Uncustomized) - OK, Layer is good for defense.
Unicorn - Bad (Down and Needle are OK for defense tho, the layer is bad)
Holy Horusood - Meh (Claw is good for Defense, but it's other parts are sub par)
Victory Valkyrie - OK (The layer is decent for attack, as is the driver, but the disk is too light and ineffective)
Wild Wyvern - Bad (Uncustom, the driver is fantastic for Defense and Balance though)
Zillion Zeus - OK (The layer is decent for attack, but it is too fragile, the disc is too off balance, and the driver is decent for endurance/stamina)
Suzaku-X, what would you go for in an uncustomized Beyblade Burst? Which ones would you consider top-grade?
Anything different from the guide that Mitsu linked to in his post?

Seems like the best discs are the heavy ones. So weight matters more than shape?
One of your better pieces here is V2 or victory Valkyrie. Here's a link on the bey wiki about V2. Smile
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Valtryek_...t_Variable
(Jan. 11, 2017  3:08 AM)Earthjade Wrote: Suzaku-X, what would you go for in an uncustomized Beyblade Burst? Which ones would you consider top-grade?
Anything different from the guide that Mitsu linked to in his post?

Seems like the best discs are the heavy ones. So weight matters more than shape?

Well, the guide is good in that regard. Rising Ragnarok and Dark Deathsyther are especially good, as they have good stamina/defense parts customized. Wyvern is another good buy. As for weight and shape, it depends on what you are going for. Heavy and Gravity are not only successful due to their weight, but their distribution as well. But they come at a orice, a higher burst rate. Lighter discs like Armed are good for burst resistance, but aren't good for attack, as you need weight behind your attacks.
The problem with the Valkyrie is that the black plastic on the bottom of the driver wore out very quickly. It had a lot of fine little nubs on it and most of them are gone / worn down.
(Jan. 11, 2017  3:24 AM)Earthjade Wrote: The problem with the Valkyrie is that the black plastic on the bottom of the driver wore out very quickly. It had a lot of fine little nubs on it and most of them are gone / worn down.

Ahh, Variable does have that problem. It is honesty not the best for attack, I'd suggest Accel, Xtreme, or Unite (Storm Spriggan) I'd also suggest Xcalibur as a buy, as it is top tier for attack out of the box.
If your going to play competitively then there's no discussion about stock beys. If you want a good combo you have to customize.
From what I've seen,  Xcalibur looks like an out-of-the-box beast. All 3 of its parts are in demand and the Xtreme driver looks to be the attack driver of choice. I like the look of the Spriggan Heavy Defense, since both the disc and driver appear to be top-class for non-attack combinations and the heavy disc is popular with attack set ups, too.

The only thing that seems to stop the Neptune Armed Zephyr from being in the same class as Xcalibur appears to be its average disc.
Dont underestimate armed. It actually has fantastic defense and balance.
In fact the rubber nubs of Variable and designed to wear out quickly... and then its speed will increase but need a better shoot...
I think Valkyrie Triple Variable is a very good attack combo...
Here are some parts I like and I hope it can be helpful Grin
Layer: Valkyrie, Xcalibur, Evileye, Neptune, Deathscyther, Chaos, Odin, Victory Valkyrie, Xeno Xcalibur, Quad Quetzalcoatl, Obelisk Odin, Jail Jormungand, Zillion Zeus
Disc: Triple, Wing, Boost, Central, Heavy, Spread, Gravity, Infinity, Knuckle
Driver: Variable, Xtreme, Hold, Massive, Defense, Orbit, Survive, Gyro, Revolve, Yielding, Unite, Liner
(Jan. 11, 2017  4:47 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Here are some parts I like and I hope it can be helpful Grin
Layer: Valkyrie, Xcalibur, Evileye, Neptune, Deathscyther, Chaos, Odin, Victory Valkyrie, Xeno Xcalibur, Quad Quetzalcoatl, Obelisk Odin, Jail Jormungand, Zillion Zeus
Disc: Triple, Wing, Boost, Central, Heavy, Spread, Gravity, Infinity, Knuckle
Driver: Variable, Xtreme, Hold, Massive, Defense, Orbit, Survive, Gyro, Revolve, Yielding, Unite, Liner

Attack Valkyrie/ Xcalibur /victory Valkyrie    triple/ heavy / gravity / knuckle xtreme
Defense Neptune gravity / heavy orbit / defense / revolve 
Stamina Deathscyther /chaos heavy / spread / gravity/ knuckle orbit / defense / revolve / yielding 
Balance Odin heavy / spread/gravity / knuckle orbit / defense / revolve / yielding 
Valkyrie heavy / spread/gravity / knuckle orbit / defense / revolve / yielding 

Next time use the thread build me a combo
Question about Beyblade packages in Japan.

The Beyblades we have gotten are in cardboard boxes with pictures of the anime character that Beyblade belongs to. Inside the box the pieces are in sealed plastic bags and comes with the sticker sheet. Absolutely know these are genuine.

Then I've seen Japanese Beyblades for sale on eBay that are in clear plastic shells with cardboard backing (like small action figures). Doesn't seem like there is a sticker sheet that goes with these packs yet the packaging clearly shows Takara Tomy and the Japanese info on the back looks similar to the Beyblades packaged in boxes (even includes the power chart for the Beyblade).

Are these plastic shell packed Beyblades genuine or knock offs? I'm not in Japan at the moment to be able to go somewhere like Yodobashi Camera to check...
(Jan. 12, 2017  11:52 AM)Earthjade Wrote: Question about Beyblade packages in Japan.

The Beyblades we have gotten are in cardboard boxes with pictures of the anime character that Beyblade belongs to. Inside the box the pieces are in sealed plastic bags and comes with the sticker sheet. Absolutely know these are genuine.

Then I've seen Japanese Beyblades for sale on eBay that are in clear plastic shells with cardboard backing (like small action figures). Doesn't seem like there is a sticker sheet that goes with these packs yet the packaging clearly shows Takara Tomy and the Japanese info on the back looks similar to the Beyblades packaged in boxes (even includes the power chart for the Beyblade).

Are these plastic shell packed Beyblades genuine or knock offs? I'm not in Japan at the moment to be able to go somewhere like Yodobashi Camera to check...

The plastic shell Beyblades are the basic layers of Beyblade Burst also if it doesn't say Takara Tomy, Hasbro or new boy don't buy it
(Jan. 12, 2017  11:52 AM)Earthjade Wrote: Question about Beyblade packages in Japan.

These are the dual layers beyblades
These are the basic layers beyblades
Earthjade, as this topic indicates, generally if an official company's logo is on the box, like TAKARA-TOMY's, then the product is genuine:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-theflig...-searching
Yeah, but had to ask.
Counterfeiters from China could just copy the official logos without caring.

So dual layer Beyblades have layers made of two layers of plastic screwed together? One coloured layer and one transparent layer?
That would mean that the basic layer is one moulded piece of...transparent plastic?

Is there a difference in performance between a dual layer and basic layer?
I'm confused because it looks like some Beyblades (like the Storm Spriggan) have both dual layer and basic layer versions?
(Jan. 13, 2017  3:27 AM)Earthjade Wrote: Yeah, but had to ask.
Counterfeiters from China could just copy the official logos without caring.

So dual layer Beyblades have layers made of two layers of plastic screwed together? One coloured layer and one transparent layer?
That would mean that the basic layer is one moulded piece of...transparent plastic?

Is there a difference in performance between a dual layer and basic layer?
I'm confused because it looks like some Beyblades (like the Storm Spriggan) have both dual layer and basic layer versions?
If you're talking about the original basic layers that first released, they usually perform better imo due to their simplicity of their shape. For instance, their layers are definitely smaller in size compared to their dual layer counterparts and are more "rounder" (not all but most). Not all layers are good for competitive use but more basic layers seem to do better than the dual layers. For instance, Deathscyther. It performs better due to it's simple shape and due to it's round-ness. This is why it's more preferred to use than D2. As for Storm Spriggan, what do you mean? The dual layers still are supposed to look similar to their basic layers but is technically the same layer but it's different visually and may perform quite differently.
Alright, so the basic layers are the Gen I Beyblade Bursts of 2015 and the Dual Layers are the Gen II Bursts that were released at the same time as the 2016 anime?

If so, are the Gen I basic layers discontinued in Japan and what does Hasbro use for its 2017 release?

Thanks.