[Answered]  New player starting his journey building a collection

Hi there...

Finally found my way to WBO (after already discovering the discord, reddit and wiki). Happy to be here as well. I just discovered Beyblade last week and I'm heavily intrigued. Hope it doesn't bother anybody that I'm way older (40 years) than what I suspect the average user here is. You're never to old to just have fun.

Coming from the TCG world my early impression is: Beyblade is as "physical" toy system a fun change with surprising nuances and still fulfills many "collectors needs" like a TCG would. It doesn't exactly replace my TCG love but it adds a fun new diversion between TCG sessions. And I think the Beyblades themselves look kinda cool. So I'm hooked and read a lot of information about it. I'm now at the point where I (maybe wrongly) believe I have a basic understanding. But of course also lots of questions.

I already wrote a reddit post about my thoughts and questions on the state of game in the western market (I'm from germany btw. and still have a hard time to find local stores to buy Beyblade from and I'm still wondering why Hasbro markets the game so strangely.).

But I also already started my "collection" *cough* :cool: 

Here an overview (the Takara Tomy beys are for the most part ordered but  still on their way from South Korea or Japan):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

I guess the goal of this post (besides saying hello) is to get some advice how to build the collection from here (what important parts or beys do I miss and should I prioritize from here on out for example?). I think for now, I want to focus on Beyblade Burst starting with God Layer as "oldest" beys for my collection. Since I already have a few Takara Tomy beys I also want to focus more on these instead of the Hasbro products (First impression: I find TT beys way more appealing). I also would like to get some advice what else I should think about (including good ways for storage, organizing and transport). I'm also still searching for reliable, fast and good online stores or ebay sellers for Beyblades. I would prefer to have one or two shops where I can bundle my orders into bigger packages instead for every single Beyblade always have to search an individual seller and have to pay individual shipping, import and taxes.

If you've read to all this text: Thanks for your patience!  :cool:
I'm 35. Just tell people that Beyblade is your midlife crisis, it's cheaper than a convertible. But yeah, at tournaments, I would say the average age of participants is... 10.

www.ever-wish.com is a decent wholesaler, they sell individual ones too. Don't know what their shipping to Germany is like. There are plenty of threads discussing good sellers, but you'd really want to ask other bladers in Germany what works best for there.

Sorry but it doesn't seem like there's a really active tournament scene over there. You could start one, but there's a lot of hurdles to jump through.

That's a heck of a collection for just starting!
(Apr. 19, 2019  12:37 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'm 35. Just tell people that Beyblade is your midlife crisis, it's cheaper than a convertible. But yeah, at tournaments, I would say the average age of participants is... 10.

www.ever-wish.com is a decent wholesaler, they sell individual ones too. Don't know what their shipping to Germany is like. There are plenty of threads discussing good sellers, but you'd really want to ask other bladers in Germany what works best for there.

Sorry but it doesn't seem like there's a really active tournament scene over there. You could start one, but there's a lot of hurdles to jump through.

That's a heck of a collection for just starting!

I been meaning to buy Beyblades from ever-wish but seeing the "not secure" at the url bar makes me anxious, the prices seem too good to be true, are they legit?
It forwards to a secure site the second you click checkout. A couple people have ordered from them, supposedly legit. I have an order with them right now. Probably legit, I'll find out the hard way.

The prices look low because the shipping costs are actually quite high!
(Apr. 19, 2019  2:33 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It forwards to a secure site the second you click checkout.  A couple people have ordered from them, supposedly legit. I have an order with them right now. Probably legit, I'll find out the hard way.

The prices look low because the shipping costs are actually quite high!

Oh so the final price for a item that costs let's say $12 could end up being $20 ?
(Apr. 19, 2019  12:37 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'm 35. Just tell people that Beyblade is your midlife crisis, it's cheaper than a convertible.
Great idea Grin

(Apr. 19, 2019  12:37 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: www.ever-wish.com is a decent wholesaler, they sell individual ones too.
Thx... will take a look. So far I found https://www.toymatters.co/collections/beyblade-burst as online shop. Seem to have a good selection but not the current GT series of products. Hope they indead sell originals and no fake ones.

(Apr. 19, 2019  12:37 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Sorry but it doesn't seem like there's a really active tournament scene over there. You could start one, but there's a lot of hurdles to jump through.
No need for that at the moment (and would feel out of place there with my age anyways). I introduce Beyblades to my TCG circle and also to my family to just have some casual fun.

(Apr. 19, 2019  12:37 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: That's a heck of a collection for just starting!
Thx. One of the positives of being older: You usually earn some money and can start "strong" with a collection. And since I have the collectors gene I'm not satisfied with just 2 or 3 Beyblades... Collecting is half the fun for me.
(Apr. 18, 2019  9:53 PM)Guthwullf Wrote: Hi there...

Finally found my way to WBO (after already discovering the discord, reddit and wiki). Happy to be here as well. I just discovered Beyblade last week and I'm heavily intrigued. Hope it doesn't bother anybody that I'm way older (40 years) than what I suspect the average user here is. You're never to old to just have fun.

Coming from the TCG world my early impression is: Beyblade is as "physical" toy system a fun change with surprising nuances and still fulfills many "collectors needs" like a TCG would. It doesn't exactly replace my TCG love but it adds a fun new diversion between TCG sessions. And I think the Beyblades themselves look kinda cool. So I'm hooked and read a lot of information about it. I'm now at the point where I (maybe wrongly) believe I have a basic understanding. But of course also lots of questions.

I already wrote a reddit post about my thoughts and questions on the state of game in the western market (I'm from germany btw. and still have a hard time to find local stores to buy Beyblade from and I'm still wondering why Hasbro markets the game so strangely.).

But I also already started my "collection" *cough* Cool 

Here an overview (the Takara Tomy beys are for the most part ordered but  still on their way from South Korea or Japan):

I guess the goal of this post (besides saying hello) is to get some advice how to build the collection from here (what important parts or beys do I miss and should I prioritize from here on out for example?). I think for now, I want to focus on Beyblade Burst starting with God Layer as "oldest" beys for my collection. Since I already have a few Takara Tomy beys I also want to focus more on these instead of the Hasbro products (First impression: I find TT beys way more appealing). I also would like to get some advice what else I should think about (including good ways for storage, organizing and transport). I'm also still searching for reliable, fast and good online stores or ebay sellers for Beyblades. I would prefer to have one or two shops where I can bundle my orders into bigger packages instead for every single Beyblade always have to search an individual seller and have to pay individual shipping, import and taxes.

If you've read to all this text: Thanks for your patience!  Cool

Welcome to the community! I suggest you get the Performance tip atomic (which comes on Balkesh or Wyvron) and is an important part of the game! I also suggest you get the latest random booster packs as it can expand your horizon with some awesome parts! Fun Beyblades that anyone will love is Orb Argis Because it suctions to the ground and Salamander because it jumps ALL over the place. Competitively I suggest you get ace dragon, cho-z Achilles possibly, archer hurculese and a Beyblade with the extreme’ driver on it! I’m not the the best at Beyblades so you can check the Beyblade wiki for advice on the competitiveness of many parts! Have a great day and good luck on your journey! God bless!
Thanks for the suggestions...

Just a quick update for my experience:

This weekend I introduced friends and family to Beyblade. The tcg and boardgame group (everybody over 30 years old) had hours of fun with it and nearly couldn't stop anymore. We only could fit one boardgame in there between Beyblade fun. Everybody was fascinated by the concept of collectable physical toy and loved the look of the Beys, especially the Takara Tomy "originals" (Hasbro to a lesser degree). Next day family introduction: Even my father (70 years old) loved it. Finally a game that he could join (we usually play heavily involved complex boardgames and tcgs... something he has hard times to understand).

So in conclusion I only can say, that Beyblade in our group full of tcg and boardgame loving adults was a big success.
Of course nobody had heard before about Beyblade. Good job on marketing Hasbro!
Hasbro does a terrible job on marketing. Not only are they months behind TT with releases, but sometimes TT beys don't get re-released in North America and Europe, and sometimes they make their own exclusive beys (the generation 2 stuff was good at the time, the generation 4 stuff isn't) and Hasbro makes their own beystadiums and gimmicks (slingshock).

Beyblade news from Hasbro has been so quiet lately that sometimes I suspect they're going to stop making them. But Beyblade continues to sell decently well in Target and Walmart, so maybe Hasbro Beyblade just shambles along entirely on word of mouth.
At this point I wished they would just give the license back to TT. I bet TT would love to get their foot into the international market themselves.

Also... is it just me or look TT beys way better than their Hasbro counterparts? I already had 4 older TT beys and loved them, but today my first GT beys (Ace Dragon, Slash Valkyre, Bushin Ashura) arrived and wow these are on another level. So detailed and stunning looking. Also bigger than previous beys? If these (and the previews for fafnir) are any indication, I'm gonna love the GT series. I already kinda decided to only continue with TT and ignore Hasbro for now.
That's valid. You aren't the only one who thinks Hasbro has done an awful job with the Beyblade license, at least in Burst.

Glad to know your group enjoys blading. I have trouble getting people my age or older to enjoy Beyblade. Except for one guy in his 60s.
(Apr. 18, 2019  9:53 PM)Guthwullf Wrote: Hi there...

But I also already started my "collection" *cough* Cool 

If you've read to all this text: Thanks for your patience!  Cool

It doesn't matter what age you are, beyblade is a hobby and worth the collection. I'm 12 and have started this since I was 6.
Burst is probably Hasbro's worst showing in the Beyblade line. For most of the Original Plastics and Metal Fight, Hasbro and Takara Tomy releases were exactly the same. But they made so many changes in Burst that the quality took a nose dive
Heyo! Im.on the same boat. But i gotta admit i "bladed" before. It was my last hobby back in the Philippines before we moved to Florida.
My younger cousins play it so i p much picked it up.
My my i do want play on a tournament for our age group lets say 20+ haha!
Im here to study the official rules and hopfully be an event organizer. After all, its all in the name of fun!
Cheers buddy!