[Answered]  Is eternal good?

I’ve heard mixed opinions on eternal and want to find out whether it’s useful for stamina/defense or not m.
Overall it's bad. The only use it has is beating opposite spin atomic/revolve
_.7.Et beats atomic and revolve opposite spin, you can't add a frame or else it doesn't beat anything because of the early scraping diminishing its LAD.

Et loses to At, R, and Br in same spin... so rip.
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:35 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Overall it's bad. The only use it has is beating opposite spin atomic/revolve
_.7.Et beats atomic and revolve opposite spin, you can't add a frame or else it doesn't beat anything because of the early scraping diminishing its LAD.

Actually it is a great alternative to revolve
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:35 PM)Yeah 1234beyblade Wrote: Overall it's bad.  The only use it has is beating opposite spin atomic/revolve

Thanks so much 1234.
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:37 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:35 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Overall it's bad.  The only use it has is beating opposite spin atomic/revolve

You see the problem I have with calling it a Revolve "alternative" is that Revolve is already not the best for stamina and Eternal goes below Revolve and Bearing in terms of stamina.  You can use it for LAD but why would you if you have Bearing which beats Eternal in opposite and same spin match ups.

Stamina
1. Atomic
2. Revolve
3. Bearing
4. Eternal

LAD
1. Bearing
2. Eternal
3. Atomic
4. Revolve

so take it as you will, but you always have to keep in mind that your opponent has to use opposite spin without Bearing for you to have a chance in a "stamina" match.
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:37 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:35 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Overall it's bad.  The only use it has is beating opposite spin atomic/revolve

I only said that based off of word of mouth. There's a reason why my drafts are called drafts
(Jul. 03, 2018  8:50 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:37 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Actually it is a great alternative to revolve

You see the problem I have with calling it a Revolve "alternative" is that Revolve is already not the best for stamina and Eternal goes below Revolve and Bearing in terms of stamina.  You can use it for LAD but why would you if you have Bearing which beats Eternal in opposite and same spin match ups.

Stamina
1. Atomic
2. Revolve
3. Bearing
4. Eternal

LAD
1. Bearing
2. Eternal
3. Atomic
4. Revolve

so take it as you will, but you always have to keep in mind that your opponent has to use opposite spin without Bearing for you to have a chance in a "stamina" match.

Wait same-spin bearing is already absolutely terrible. Is eternal even worse?
(Jul. 03, 2018  9:45 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  8:50 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: You see the problem I have with calling it a Revolve "alternative" is that Revolve is already not the best for stamina and Eternal goes below Revolve and Bearing in terms of stamina.  You can use it for LAD but why would you if you have Bearing which beats Eternal in opposite and same spin match ups.

Stamina
1. Atomic
2. Revolve
3. Bearing
4. Eternal

LAD
1. Bearing
2. Eternal
3. Atomic
4. Revolve

Wait same-spin bearing is already absolutely terrible. Is eternal even worse?

yes it is.
(Jul. 03, 2018  8:50 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:37 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Actually it is a great alternative to revolve

Stamina
1. Atomic
2. Revolve
3. Bearing
4. Eternal

LAD
1. Bearing
2. Eternal
3. Atomic
4. Revolve

how about orbit? maybe yielding?
(Jul. 04, 2018  12:37 AM)@ya.dama Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  8:50 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: You see the problem I have with calling it a Revolve "alternative" is that Revolve is already not the best for stamina and Eternal goes below Revolve and Bearing in terms of stamina.  You can use it for LAD but why would you if you have Bearing which beats Eternal in opposite and same spin match ups.

Stamina
1. Atomic
2. Revolve
3. Bearing
4. Eternal

LAD
1. Bearing
2. Eternal
3. Atomic
4. Revolve

how about orbit? maybe yielding?

they're basically irrelevant.  Orbit is probably 5th for stamina, maybe 4th and 5th for LAD.  While yielding is 6th for both if those were the only drivers I were to consider.
So would eternal and yielding be the worst stamina drivers? They seem to have more flaws than drivers like atomic, bearing, revolve, and even orbit...

Edit: not specific enough in my post, sorry about that lol
(Jul. 04, 2018  1:06 AM)Dragunix Wrote: So would eternal and yielding be the worst stamina drivers? They seem to have more flaws than drivers like atomic, bearing, revolve, and even orbit...

huh?  flugel? planet? there are many many “worse” stamina drivers.  it’s hard to use a broad concept like that anyways, because everything has trade offs, rather than flaws.  

yielding has a really tight spring and POM in general could become more desirable if rP combos are very competitive for example.
Eternal is perhaps the best one for stamina. It has longer spin time than even Bearing and better spring as well. And since it is shorter than other drivers, it is more stable. I haven’t compare it with Atomic, Orbit or Yard, but I am pretty sure that there is a significant advantage on Eternal compared to those free spin ball tips, that it will not run out the stadium no matter how powerful your launch is.
(Jul. 04, 2018  2:47 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Eternal is perhaps the best one for stamina. It has longer spin time than even Bearing and better spring as well. And since it is shorter than other drivers, it is more stable. I haven’t compare it with Atomic, Orbit or Yard, but I am pretty sure that there is a significant advantage on Eternal compared to those free spin ball tips, that it will not run out the stadium no matter how powerful your launch is.

this is weird considering that 1234beyblade said otherwise
For me
For Stamina:
1. Eternal
2. Atomic
3. Yard
4. Orbit
5. Revolve
For LAD
1. Bearing
2. Eternal
3. Atomic
4. Destroy
5. Yard
(I will not consider Bearing as a stamina choice due to its horrible spring.
(Jul. 04, 2018  2:49 AM)@ya.dama Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  2:47 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Eternal is perhaps the best one for stamina. It has longer spin time than even Bearing and better spring as well. And since it is shorter than other drivers, it is more stable. I haven’t compare it with Atomic, Orbit or Yard, but I am pretty sure that there is a significant advantage on Eternal compared to those free spin ball tips, that it will not run out the stadium no matter how powerful your launch is.

this is weird considering that 1234beyblade said otherwise

Just because one person said Eternal wasn't great doesn't mean everyone else will be the same.
Sorry I should explain, pure stamina isn't the issue, it's the balance of the driver that's the issue. In battle it gets destabilized and loses stamina quicker than any other current stamina driver which is why it's so bad and loses to those other drivers in stamina matches. We (Kei, OldSchool, Newtype, and myself) were testing hS.0.Et against hS on Revolve, Atomic, and Bearing and Eternal always lost, it never won once.

Also how is yard #3 for stamina? That driver just scraped and killed itself in my testings when it first came out.
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:10 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Sorry I should explain, pure stamina isn't the issue, it's the balance of the driver that's the issue.  In battle it gets destabilized and loses stamina quicker than any other current stamina driver which is why it's so bad and loses to those other drivers in stamina matches.  We (Kei, OldSchool, Newtype, and myself) were testing hS.0.Et against hS on Revolve, Atomic, and Bearing and Eternal always lost, it never won once.  

Also how is yard #3 for stamina?  That driver just scraped and killed itself in my testings when it first came out.

Yard's pretty good in same spin match-ups in my experience as I find two same spin opponents separate towards the end of battle, allowing Yard's LAD to win. But that's never in Stamina vs Stamina battles.
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:10 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Sorry I should explain, pure stamina isn't the issue, it's the balance of the driver that's the issue.  In battle it gets destabilized and loses stamina quicker than any other current stamina driver which is why it's so bad and loses to those other drivers in stamina matches.  We (Kei, OldSchool, Newtype, and myself) were testing hS.0.Et against hS on Revolve, Atomic, and Bearing and Eternal always lost, it never won once.  

Also how is yard #3 for stamina?  That driver just scraped and killed itself in my testings when it first came out.

In other words, Eternal has a hard time getting back up after u knock it down. Revolve, Atomic, and Bearing are all better, probably because the middle cone pointy bit is not free spinning, and the POM ring has no Bearing mechanic. Yes, Yard has a free spinning ball, but it has no LAD because of that massive ring around it. 

The new Friction Driver probably won’t be as good as bearing. It’s a POM ball and a rubber ring atomic, but it looks like the rubbers too high to stop self KO and the driver hops a bit??‍♂️. It also doesn’t have a bearing mechanism inside, like the bearing driver, so the free spinning ball won’t be as free spinning.
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:18 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

Yard's pretty good in same spin match-ups in my experience as I find two same spin opponents separate towards the end of battle, allowing Yard's LAD to win. But that's never in Stamina vs Stamina battles.

hmm so like does Revolve/Orbit get destabilized by it that it wins, I can't recall exactly what I tested Yard against, but all I remember is it losing and me tossing it in my trash parts bin after 10 minutes.
I think Bearing is even worse in this case. It will easily get tilted and will never rebalance. And in my test, any layer with Bearing, even hS or Sr, will burst easily if their direction is the same with their opponents. On the other hand, Eternal can be very stable. Its’s free spin ring is larger and more smooth than Revolve so it is hard to lose balance, and it can rebalance itself when it is tilted. And for Yard, its pure stamina might not be so good, but its move can quickly slow your opponents (Maybe this sound more like attack?) so it can win before scrape the stadium.
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:26 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: I think Bearing is even worse in this case. It will easily get tilted and will never rebalance. And in my test, any layer with Bearing, even hS or Sr, will burst easily if their direction is the same with their opponents. On the other hand, Eternal can be very stable. Its’s free spin ring is larger and more smooth than Revolve so it is hard to lose balance, and it can rebalance itself when it is tilted. And for Yard, its pure stamina might not be so good, but its move can quickly slow your opponents (Maybe this sound more like attack?) so it can win before scrape the stadium.

Yes, exactly. I don't have eternal yet, but in same-spin matchups, I wouldn't put Bearing above Orbit, Yielding or even Yard. 

Yes, Bearing does sometimes outspin them, but it gets either bursted (especially against Yard) or destabilized 90% of the time.
(Jul. 04, 2018  2:59 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  2:49 AM)@ya.dama Wrote: this is weird considering that 1234beyblade said otherwise

Just because one person said Eternal wasn't great doesn't mean everyone else will be the same.

haha chill, i didnt say you were wrong or anything. i assume there are many variations for Eternal.
This is super helpful. thx a lot!!!
In my testing I found eternal to burst a lot less than Bearing (no surprise). I haven’t compared it to Revolve but I think revolve is probably more burst resistant than eternal. I agree with that the stamina on eternal is not great, and it beats atomic in opposite spin. But is there room for a driver that beats hS on Atomic on opposite spin, and is harder to burst? Like eF or aH on eternal? I haven’t tested eternal vs revolve much so revolve could be better After all.