[Answered]  Helios II and Lucifer II launcher compatibility

I have the LR String launcher from Master Diabolos. When trying to use Lucifer the End or Helios Volcano I have to put much more force on the bey to get it to stay on the launcher. I pulled the chips out and compared them to other non-limit break chips and the lip/slope/whatever it's called On the limit break chips is taller than non limit break chips (GT and Sparking). Do these Beys require the sparking launcher to account for the lip height or is having to put extra pressure to get them on the launcher normal?

[Image: a46465b4be13ab123636c32d667cd935bea392ab-1?s=1]
(Mar. 26, 2021  5:47 PM)Lean\s_Hedgehog Wrote: I have the LR String launcher from Master Diabolos. When trying to use Lucifer the End or Helios Volcano I have to put much more force on the bey to get it to stay on the launcher. I pulled the chips out and compared them to other non-limit break chips and the lip/slope/whatever it's called On the limit break chips is taller than non limit break chips (GT and Sparking). Do these Beys require the sparking launcher to account for the lip height or is having to put extra pressure to get them on the launcher normal?

Anyone?
(Mar. 26, 2021  5:47 PM)Lean's_Hedgehog Wrote: I have the LR String launcher from Master Diabolos. When trying to use Lucifer the End or Helios Volcano I have to put much more force on the bey to get it to stay on the launcher. I pulled the chips out and compared them to other non-limit break chips and the lip/slope/whatever it's called On the limit break chips is taller than non limit break chips (GT and Sparking). Do these Beys require the sparking launcher to account for the lip height or is having to put extra pressure to get them on the launcher normal?

No they shouldn’t need another launcher.
(Mar. 28, 2021  7:30 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2021  5:47 PM)Lean\s_Hedgehog Wrote: I have the LR String launcher from Master Diabolos. When trying to use Lucifer the End or Helios Volcano I have to put much more force on the bey to get it to stay on the launcher. I pulled the chips out and compared them to other non-limit break chips and the lip/slope/whatever it's called On the limit break chips is taller than non limit break chips (GT and Sparking). Do these Beys require the sparking launcher to account for the lip height or is having to put extra pressure to get them on the launcher normal?

No they shouldn’t need another launcher.

Thank you
I dont have Helios II but I can confirm that the Lucifer II chip definitely prefers the Sparking launcher. I personally do not use my LR launcher when launching a combo that uses the Lucifer II chip for the exact reasons you described. You have to kinda force it on the LR launcher and you dont get a full power launch because it kinda gets stuck.
I have the old god LR launcher, and my HeliosII doesn't seem to have a problem with it. It could be a slightly defective launcher/bey mold, or be very worn over use to the point where heavier beys won't stay on, I had the same problem with all of my hasbro launchers. Also, check if the chip and chip core are all the way in, it won't launch then, I've had that problem with HeliosII and some of my normal sparking beys.
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:07 AM)KainHighwind Wrote: I dont have Helios II but I can confirm that the Lucifer II chip definitely prefers the Sparking launcher. I personally do not use my LR launcher when launching a combo that uses the Lucifer II chip for the exact reasons you described.  You have to kinda force it on the LR launcher and you dont get a full power launch because it kinda gets stuck.

Glad I'm not the only one. I did pre-order the DB starter set, hoping that the new l launcher plays nicely with them.
I also have this problem with all of my limit break chips unfortunately... Glad to see this problem being talked about though! The slightly thicker slopes on these chips certainly seems to be the culprit here..

Sadly even the new LR launcher from the dynamite battle set has the same issues as the old LR launchers when using these chips. It's a real shame they aren't compatible with all launcher types, but at least there's a work around if you've got a sparking launcher to use instead.
(May. 09, 2021  2:40 AM)dropoint Wrote: I also have this problem with all of my limit break chips unfortunately... Glad to see this problem being talked about though! The slightly thicker slopes on these chips certainly seems to be the culprit here..

Sadly even the new LR launcher from the dynamite battle set has the same issues as the old LR launchers when using these chips. It's a real shame they aren't compatible with all launcher types, but at least there's a work around if you've got a sparking launcher to use instead.

The new LR launcher is a little better but it still does take more force to get the limit break chips to seat properly.
(May. 10, 2021  7:40 PM)Lean\s_Hedgehog Wrote:
(May. 09, 2021  2:40 AM)dropoint Wrote: I also have this problem with all of my limit break chips unfortunately... Glad to see this problem being talked about though! The slightly thicker slopes on these chips certainly seems to be the culprit here..

The new LR launcher is a little better but it still does take more force to get the limit break chips to seat properly.

Ya know what, you're right! The new LR launcher does work with the limit break chips, albeit I still had some initial difficulties with my Lucifer II chip staying on the launcher... Though after a little fiddling around, I found a method that seems to work for them on all types of launchers C:

Once the slopes make initial contact with the launcher prongs, push the bey straight up towards the launcher prong cap. Then gently turn your bey the remainder of the way until it's fully seated on the prongs.

I haven't noticed beys getting stuck on the launcher anymore since both prongs+slopes are engaged correctly & the bey no longer falls off right before launching lol. Not the best solution because if you're solo testing two combos w/ limit break chips & only one launcher, then you can't be too hasty about the launching process... But hey, I'll take what I can get! At least now my limit break chips will be seeing some action lol