[Answered]  Hasbro VS Takara Tomy

What's the difference in all aspects of Beys? Metal Fight and Burst
Which company version should I get?
Regarding Burst:

Takara-Tomy layers and drivers cannot be mixed with Hasbro energy layers and performance tips. It will lead to damage and also makes them illegal for tournaments. Just those particular parts. This is because TT Burst beys were designed with teeth that count/click down to bursting while Hasbro uses slopes. One method is not better than the other. Some beys are made to burst more easily, and it's just a matter of how easy each company made it. Teeth have a bigger reputation for wearing (and even wearing quickly in some cases), but slopes aren't immune from this.

Hasbro made some changes to the molds beyond that. Whether trying to better balance certain things, total accidents, or some combination thereof, some parts are buffed and some are nerfed (compared to their TT counterparts). It's a mixed bag of better, worse, and equal against TT's beys. Hasbro is known for having some quality control issues, but TT isn't exactly immune from this criticism either.

Stadium and launcher-wise, Takara-Tomy takes the win. No stadium is better than the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type, released as B-09, B-33, and other variations from events and as part of sets. The debate really comes down to the beys themselves.

If you're keeping up with the latest, get Takara-Tomy. Hasbro is behind by some 6+ months. No matter how people feel about either company, that much is true. The people who can get the latest will always have an advantage in the Standard Format tournaments held by the WBO.

Nothing wrong with getting Hasbro if you prefer it for other reasons. (Want the same as friends, can buy it locally, whatever.)

If you had unlimited money, the best thing would be to keep up with Takara-Tomy, but to buy Hasbro beys where Hasbro does better (plus what parts you need for combos). But many Bladers stick with only one company for the beys themselves, whatever side they take. But it's your money, so you do what seems best for you.
Since FrosticFox detailed Burst, I'll detail Metal Fight.

For the most part, Hasbro's Metal Fight is exactly the same as Takara Tomy's (Aside from cosmetic color changes). However, Hasbro's 4D/Metal Fury line was significantly simplified and nerfed until they released the Hyperblades line which matched Takara Tomy's 1-to-1. If you want Metal Fight now though, you can still get the original Takara Tomy versions somewhat affordably online while some Hasbro releases ended up more expensive, but it all depends on what Beyblade you're looking for.
I just buy some recolors from Hasbro for collect purposes. The teeth suck more than a hooker. Almost reminds of me their versions of Zero G: great metal and colors but The bit chips were poor. TT is the real thing & Hasbro is like the Kroger brand. Sadly most kids who buy beys in stores dont know about TT. Their new sword launcher & Gold X1 look like they came out a gumball machine. Other than the 5 beys they made

That TT didnt make, thsys all I like. Im scared to see what they did to L3 an what they will eventually do to L4. Theu dont have special launchers like TT. No L laucher, no good LR launcher. And no grips. Those kids will never know what Revive Ph is or what a RBP bey is or what a Boulder bey is. Its like missing out. The last time Hasbro had a bey with a game was long ago.

If a kid bought a hasbro Shelter bey or SR.. wouldnt you show them the REAL thing? Wouldnt you show them the Red layer recolor? Kids that buy from hasbro will never get the same quality or different recolors. They will never have future beys like: Walborg, GK & more. Hasbro is just "lets copy off this an make it look cheap. Their basically fake watches that stop working after 3 months.

Lastly: I loved Hasbro as a kid (including recolors, the big plastic beys) an that changed when I found out. I now an from then on only bought from Hasbro for recolors. Hasbro will never come out with a Strike God V or electronic stadium. They wont do metal chips.
(Jun. 25, 2018  8:21 AM)Dodgest Wrote: I just buy some recolors from Hasbro for collect purposes. The teeth suck
Hasbro's slopes are better than TT's teeth in some cases and about equal in some others. This has shown to be fact.

Maybe you think it's not consistent enough with the ones that are poorer or overkill (like Garuda G3 and Spriggan Requiem S3)? Or you mean something I'm not catching?

(Jun. 25, 2018  8:21 AM)Dodgest Wrote: Im scared to see what they did to L3 an what they will eventually do to L4.
I'm waiting to see how Hasbro's Luinor L3 turns out myself, as if that works more stable than the TT counterpart, it will be an amazing purchase. Then people can have an alternative to risking TT's bad Nightmare Longinus layer molds that burst easily out of the box and how people report that nL loses burst resistance over time with use (seemingly quicker than other beys).

Because the nL design is good, it's just too bad about how the TT teeth seem to be for it. Though maybe it's just a bad batch that keeps getting talked about in general, but still.

I wonder how Luinor L4 will turn out as well. Bloody Longinus didn't seem to be what people wanted it to be.

(Jun. 25, 2018  8:21 AM)Dodgest Wrote: Hasbro is just "lets copy off this an make it look cheap. Their basically fake watches that stop working after 3 months.
And TT made 12, which damages other beys. And they're refusing to fix this (either by ignorance or on purpose) and releasing it on more and more new beys. Does that make them a sneaky company that hopes you wreck your bey so you keep buying more and more?

It's fine to dislike Hasbro, I'm not here to change your mind about that. Keep whatever stance you wish. I'll say TT dominates in having the best stadium and launchers, but when it comes to the beys one-to-one, TT doesn't always win. So the best competitive collection money could buy would have the best of both TT and Hasbro. But it's fair to think TT is better to go with if you stick to only one company and don't want to put up with the mixing.

(Jun. 25, 2018  8:21 AM)Dodgest Wrote: Hasbro will never come out with a Strike God V or electronic stadium. They wont do metal chips.
I'm actually a bit confused about what the wiki means for Strike Valtryek V3, but it seems to count it as existing.

But I think that's good to point out, that for Burst Hasbro doesn't separate the God Chips and keeps them built-in. (So no Metal God Chips.) So that's one area you can't alter. Makes me wonder if they'll do the same for Level Chips, which might not be a bad idea.

And yeah, like you've said, there are some coloring differences and some beys simply don't get made by Hasbro. And Hasbro seems to have a few beys they create by themselves, too, including special recolors like you talked about. Good differences to point out.
(Jun. 25, 2018  1:25 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I'm actually a bit confused about what the wiki means for Strike Valtryek V3, but it seems to count it as existing.
Basically, Strike Valtryek V3 does exist, but its Strike God Chip doesn't work as it's actually intended to. I also forgot to make that page you linked there redirect to the page for Strike Valtryek V3, as we usually prioritize the Hasbro naming on the Wiki, but it's fixed now. Hope that helped.
(Jun. 25, 2018  1:25 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2018  8:21 AM)Dodgest Wrote: I just buy some recolors from Hasbro for collect purposes. The teeth suck
Hasbro's slopes are better than TT's teeth in some cases and about equal in some others. This has shown to be fact.

well it depends on how you look at it

TT designs the game and designs the beys to work within the game

imo, any deviation from the trade offs TT has established is sub optimal

if you want to talk facts about TT vs. Hasbro, it’s a fact that hasbro has released many lazy and poorly designed beys and accessories. this includes TT conversions and hasbro exclusives like the avatar attack and battle tower stadiums.  

and this doesn’t include aesthetics, which is admittedly subjective.
(Jun. 25, 2018  2:16 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: well it depends on how you look at it

TT designs the game and designs the beys to work within the game

imo, any deviation from the trade offs TT has established is sub optimal

if you want to talk facts about TT vs. Hasbro, it’s a fact that hasbro has released many lazy and poorly designed beys and accessories. this includes TT conversions and hasbro exclusives like the avatar attack and battle tower stadiums.  

and this doesn’t include aesthetics, which is admittedly subjective.
I think that's fine to not be OK with deviations from what was the intended original design. That's your personal feelings and all.

But if you try talking about what is competitively better, then there's a shift. But I agree in some cases that "better" isn't better, such as Garuda G3 and Spriggan Requiem S3 which are overkill and unfair.

TT wins with stadiums and launchers, I will not deny that. The facts say so. But TT isn't exactly perfect either. The 12 core disc and the useless gimmicks and other design fails speak a lot to that. Makes you wonder how much testing and actual game design was put into practice. I mean, when you try to look at what the game could be if everything was made to work as intended....

But I don't hate on Game Freak either for not perfectly balancing all the Pokémon to have some usage and usefulness. People aren't perfect, and some sort of system works out in the end that we enjoy.

I do think TT does have a better grasp on the game design than Hasbro does, which likely leads to a lot of what we see.

At the end of the day, when someone wants to know which to get or which is better, I just try to put the facts on the table for people to make their own decisions, especially since I think the answer isn't totally clearcut. I'm not a "be on my team!" kinda person and leave room for opinion to decide where there is room to do so. In a format where both are welcome and you want the best, it wouldn't be all one company though, that much is true.
Hasbro is so behind right now that almost none of their parts are competitive
I really like both brands. I love going to the store looking for the newest wave, and I also love ordering takara tomy boosters online.

Just do what's fun and don't worry so much about being competitive. People seem to think takara tomy always wins but hasbro does have some good combos that can compete.
Honestly, my problem with Hasbro, aside from their pre-hyperblade/ slingshock decision is also the fact that their plastic doesn't seem to be as clear as TT's is. They just look muddy and more opaque, which gives the vibe of them being cheaply made . :\
in my opinion hasbro is way better and easier to use. i do have some tt beys though, and they are still good. my preferred brand is hasbro and i look for hasbro or switchstrike when i go to buy beys
Hasbro, the names and exlusives are better than TT.
anything before Burst series beyblades the brand doesn't matter its all the same.. anything in Burst, Burst God, or Chouzetsu ( Turbo) Definitely hands down get Takara tomy..

if your 8 or younger and dont know a lot about beyblades then start out with hasbro.. but buying hasbro is like to see if you like beyblade.. once you get a takara tomy beyblade.. that beyblade is your first REAL beyblade..

in my opinion hasbro names sound dumb and the exclusives can be cool but are no way better than TakaraTomy..
(Aug. 03, 2021  10:02 AM)NicholasLee Wrote: You see, the difference between the Hasbro and The Takara Tomy (or Sono Kong included) is that you get more benefit with this product. ... You see, even though that this beyblade has stickers, this bey is actually TWICE as better than the Hasbro's L-Drago Destructor.

Hi, this post is helpful but next time, please don't necropostSmile
TT, because they are anime accurate Beys.
its kinda both. if you cant spend a ton, get hasbro. if you want anime beys get tt. if you want anime stadiums to use your tt beys in (volt knockout with tt beys is a blast) then get a hasbro stadium, and tt beys. its all up to your own point of view and how seriously you take beyblade. you are looking for fun over quality? hasbro. you are looking for quality and accuracy? tt. you want a compettitive stadium? tt/pro series. you want an anime stadium? hasbro. there is no better brand, its all up to your opinion and budget. hope this helps Smile
I think what Hasbro is doing with their special systems like Slingshock and Hypersphere is actually a good thing. Think about it this way, Metal Fight Saga was very expensive, and not many of my friends had that. Burst is much more affordable and also has the funny little systems to get younger kids and teens and all that interested. There is an endless list of brand new bladers where I live when with metal fight it was basically only me.

You can be bitter about their laziness, but at least you have more opponents.

On top of that, they have their pro-series line, too. It's like... they know what they're doing?
takra tomy