[Answered]  HELP! I'm launching too hard?

So, this is probably a very dumb question, but I'm kind of panicking. I recently upgraded my launcher, meaning my launch power has gone much higher, and yet I've still found a problem. Yeah, so the problem is every time I launch Tempest, it awakens when I launch so it doesn't stay in non-awakened mode, the mode I would prefer it to stay in. Does anyone have this issue, and how do you deal with it? Do you just launch lighter or something?
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:18 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: So, this is probably a very dumb question, but I'm kind of panicking. I recently upgraded my launcher, meaning my launch power has gone much higher, and yet I've still found a problem. Yeah, so the problem is every time I launch Tempest, it awakens when I launch so it doesn't stay in non-awakened mode, the mode I would prefer it to stay in. Does anyone have this issue, and how do you deal with it? Do you just launch lighter or something?

I'm 90% sure that this is a your tempest issue. I think that it might have been used so much that it no longer works. If you're all in, then buy a new tempest. If you don't want to waste money on the triple booster, then I can't think of any solutions.
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:18 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: So, this is probably a very dumb question, but I'm kind of panicking. I recently upgraded my launcher, meaning my launch power has gone much higher, and yet I've still found a problem. Yeah, so the problem is every time I launch Tempest, it awakens when I launch so it doesn't stay in non-awakened mode, the mode I would prefer it to stay in. Does anyone have this issue, and how do you deal with it? Do you just launch lighter or something?

That's Tempest's problem

Tempest is the problem.

You could just... not launch as hard...

well that is the tempest's gimmick
when you launch him hard enough (it does not need to be that strong, just a normal launch is enough) the wings come out
but it also works when the bey gets hit on the right place
so most of the times it will awake no matter what because its gimmick works too good (which is bad cause his gimmick sucks)

Most likely has more to do with Tempest than the launcher
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:31 PM)USN Wrote:

I'm 90% sure that this is a your tempest issue. I think that it might have been used so much that it no longer works. If you're all in, then buy a new tempest. If you don't want to waste money on the triple booster, then I can't think of any solutions.

Oh, thanks. My mistake then, I think the wings generally go in because of how much I've used them as well, so that kind of corrects it, but honestly it doesn't seem very worn down. I think it might just be the intense centrifugal force, but I can't really compare very well.

(Jun. 08, 2021  6:25 PM)BladerGem Wrote:

You could just... not launch as hard...

True, thanks... (I though about it before, but I was just wondering)
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:31 PM)USN Wrote: I'm 90% sure that this is a your tempest issue. I think that it might have been used so much that it no longer works. If you're all in, then buy a new tempest. If you don't want to waste money on the triple booster, then I can't think of any solutions.

Oh, thanks. My mistake then, I think the wings generally go in because of how much I've used them as well, so that kind of corrects it, but honestly it doesn't seem very worn down. I think it might just be the intense centrifugal force, but I can't really compare very well.

I don't think it is centrifugal force. I simply can't believe you launch that hard. If the wings are coming out in battle, well that's different...
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:33 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Oh, thanks. My mistake then, I think the wings generally go in because of how much I've used them as well, so that kind of corrects it, but honestly it doesn't seem very worn down. I think it might just be the intense centrifugal force, but I can't really compare very well.

I don't think it is centrifugal force. I simply can't believe you launch that hard. If the wings are coming out in battle, well that's different...

Umm...thanks? I was just saying it may be a combination of both because the change only started happening after I started using the DB launcher, so, yeah, thanks for pointing it out, but they're coming out upon launch, not in battle. The fact that they get pushed frequently in mid-battle makes me think it may be somewhat worn.
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:38 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:33 PM)USN Wrote: I don't think it is centrifugal force. I simply can't believe you launch that hard. If the wings are coming out in battle, well that's different...

Umm...thanks? I was just saying it may be a combination of both because the change only started happening after I started using the DB launcher, so, yeah, thanks for pointing it out, but they're coming out upon launch, not in battle. The fact that they get pushed frequently in mid-battle makes me think it may be somewhat worn.

What launcher did you use before?
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:39 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:38 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Umm...thanks? I was just saying it may be a combination of both because the change only started happening after I started using the DB launcher, so, yeah, thanks for pointing it out, but they're coming out upon launch, not in battle. The fact that they get pushed frequently in mid-battle makes me think it may be somewhat worn.

What launcher did you use before?

It was the LR Long Bey Launcher that came with Master Diabolos, but (probably because I was a LOT more inexperienced then,) it started scraping/skipping, meaning all of my launches had be be under a certain power threshold. I tried to learn to work around it, but it was pretty hard to get a decent launch.
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:10 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:39 PM)USN Wrote: What launcher did you use before?

It was the LR Long Bey Launcher that came with Master Diabolos, but (probably because I was a LOT more inexperienced then,) it started scraping/skipping, meaning all of my launches had be be under a certain power threshold. I tried to learn to work around it, but it was pretty hard to get a decent launch.

Well... I have absolutely no explanation besides your Tempest has broken.
Isnt Tempest supposed to awaken when you launch hard enough? I mean that's its gimmick right?
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:27 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:10 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: It was the LR Long Bey Launcher that came with Master Diabolos, but (probably because I was a LOT more inexperienced then,) it started scraping/skipping, meaning all of my launches had be be under a certain power threshold. I tried to learn to work around it, but it was pretty hard to get a decent launch.

Well... I have absolutely no explanation besides your Tempest has broken.

Well, the gimmick still works, I would just say it's worn down? The mechanism's plastic may have worn down as it was used.

(Jun. 09, 2021  4:14 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: Isnt Tempest supposed to awaken when you launch hard enough? I mean that's its gimmick right?

I dunno, that's what I thought? When I first got it, (my launcher scrape wasn't as bad as it was right before I switched) the wings were popping halfway out upon launch because of the centrifugal force. Outside of battle, the gimmick seemed to work then, as does it seem now, but I'm not sure. I was looking for a solution to the problem, but it seems like it's just my Tempest's problem, so all I can do is launch weaker.
same thing happened to me
Long LR Bey Launcher has more resistance than the DB Bey Launcher do to its use of multiple gears, so launching weaker with it makes sense. You might need to learn how weak you need to launch with the DB launcher because you're used to the resistance from the Long LR Bey Launcher.
(Jun. 11, 2021  1:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2021  4:14 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: Isnt Tempest supposed to awaken when you launch hard enough? I mean that's its gimmick right?

I dunno, that's what I thought? When I first got it, (my launcher scrape wasn't as bad as it was right before I switched) the wings were popping halfway out upon launch because of the centrifugal force. Outside of battle, the gimmick seemed to work then, as does it seem now, but I'm not sure. I was looking for a solution to the problem, but it seems like it's just my Tempest's problem, so all I can do is launch weaker.

Unless I'm missing something, it doesnt sound like anything is wrong. Just that now you can launch harder and activate the gimmick.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding, I thought it was just common knowledge that if you dont want to wings to activate, you launch lighter.
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:33 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Oh, thanks. My mistake then, I think the wings generally go in because of how much I've used them as well, so that kind of corrects it, but honestly it doesn't seem very worn down. I think it might just be the intense centrifugal force, but I can't really compare very well.

It happens. My tempest used to have two or four of the sparking wings extend, just with lucifer's launcher.

(Jun. 11, 2021  1:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:27 PM)USN Wrote: Well... I have absolutely no explanation besides your Tempest has broken.

Well, the gimmick still works, I would just say it's worn down? The mechanism's plastic may have worn down as it was used.

nah, that's not the gimmick, It's supposed to extend when hit really hard.
(Jun. 12, 2021  1:28 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:33 PM)USN Wrote: I don't think it is centrifugal force. I simply can't believe you launch that hard. If the wings are coming out in battle, well that's different...
It happens. My tempest used to have two or four of the sparking wings extend, just with lucifer's launcher.

(Jun. 11, 2021  1:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Well, the gimmick still works, I would just say it's worn down? The mechanism's plastic may have worn down as it was used.

Ah, ok, thanks, seems like mine is just "worn down" slightly.

(Jun. 12, 2021  1:21 AM)KainHighwind Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2021  1:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: I dunno, that's what I thought? When I first got it, (my launcher scrape wasn't as bad as it was right before I switched) the wings were popping halfway out upon launch because of the centrifugal force. Outside of battle, the gimmick seemed to work then, as does it seem now, but I'm not sure. I was looking for a solution to the problem, but it seems like it's just my Tempest's problem, so all I can do is launch weaker.

Unless I'm missing something, it doesnt sound like anything is wrong. Just that now you can launch harder and activate the gimmick.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding, I thought it was just common knowledge that if you dont want to wings to activate, you launch lighter.
That's what I assumed, I just wanted to see if there was any way around it. I guess if you're misunderstanding, then I am too.
(Jun. 12, 2021  4:20 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: ZephyrDraco, you can get a new tempest if you need @ https://beysandbricks.com/takara-tomy-b-...lade-nwop/

Okay, thanks, but for now, I think I'm good. It still functions almost like it's new, so I think I'll be fine. Thanks for the link, though, if anyone else wants it, I can share it.
(Jun. 12, 2021  1:28 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2021  1:30 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Well, the gimmick still works, I would just say it's worn down? The mechanism's plastic may have worn down as it was used.

This surprised me when you said that's not Tempest's gimmick because I had honestly not heard of that (it's probably more that i wasn't paying attention when it was said, lol), so I did a little research...

You are absolutely correct, the Tempest's gimmick is supposed to be activated when hit hard, and this is for sure how TT advertises it. However, I went back and watched several unboxing videos, and most mention that it is also possible to activate with a strong launch, even brand new right out of the box. Mine also has sometimes activated with a strong launch since brand new.

Now knowing that, if it's activating every single time it's launched then I would definitely say its worn to some degree.
I've found that a good even great launch stance helps tremendously it did for me
(Jun. 22, 2021  10:12 AM)Ninepoundhammer Wrote: I've found that a good even great launch stance helps tremendously it did for me

To launch harder or to get the wings not to come out? Also, can you be more specific when you say a good/great launch stance? Do you mean just holding the launcher stable? Thanks!