[Answered]  Do Beyblade Springs Weaken

I have some really good competitive Beys and I don’t want them to slowly weaken over time so do beyblade spring actually weaken over time?
The spring rusting. And yes I had my bearing drive since it came out then now it bursts on one hit one my choz spriggan
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:24 PM)kai edits Wrote: The spring rusting. And yes I had my bearing drive since it came out then now it bursts on one hit one my choz spriggan

Well you said rusting so what if it isn’t rusting and I just have it together on a bey all the time?
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:26 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:24 PM)kai edits Wrote: The spring rusting. And yes I had my bearing drive since it came out then now it bursts on one hit one my choz spriggan

Well you said rusting so what if it isn’t rusting and I just have it together on a bey all the time?
It worn out the spring more if you have it that way
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:27 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:26 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Well you said rusting so what if it isn’t rusting and I just have it together on a bey all the time?
It worn out the spring more if you have it that way

Now does this last like a year until it’s just not good because I have some other older beys that work fine and have been put together for almost a year. I will also just keep them together and buy a new driver if it gets low if it’s something that can last me especially since some beys like my rage have really good teeth do a weak spring is eh and I only have one broken spring which was from zeta
I don’t think it weakens, but it does rust
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:30 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:27 PM)kai edits Wrote: It worn out the spring more if you have it that way

Now does this last like a year until it’s just not good because I have some other older beys that work fine and have been put together for almost a year
It happens slowly but it also worns your beys teeth
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:30 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I don’t think it weakens, but it does rust

So this rust does it come from staying in the bey or just like air and it is inevitable?

(Oct. 01, 2020  1:32 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:30 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Now does this last like a year until it’s just not good because I have some other older beys that work fine and have been put together for almost a year
Ah ok well I’ll see what other people say then I will figure out if I will keep them apart mostly or keep them together
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:32 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:30 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Now does this last like a year until it’s just not good because I have some other older beys that work fine and have been put together for almost a year

Think about it the spring is compressed by the white/red part every driver has. Nothing can change this except for rusting/erosion.

(Oct. 01, 2020  1:32 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:30 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I don’t think it weakens, but it does rust

So this rust does it come from staying in the bey or just like air and it is inevitable?

(Oct. 01, 2020  1:32 PM)kai edits Wrote: It happens slowly but it also worns your beys teeth
Ah ok well I’ll see what other people say then I will figure out if I will keep them apart mostly or keep them together

It should happen from the air. However rust takes time to form so you don’t have to worry
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:32 PM)kai edits Wrote: It happens slowly but it also worns your beys teeth

Think about it the spring is compressed by the white/red part every driver has. Nothing can change this except for rusting/erosion.

(Oct. 01, 2020  1:32 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: So this rust does it come from staying in the bey or just like air and it is inevitable?

It should happen from the air. However rust takes time to form so you don’t have to worry

Ok so question is Kai said I should keep my beys apart what do you think no difference if together?
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:40 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Think about it the spring is compressed by the white/red part every driver has. Nothing can change this except for rusting/erosion.

Ok so question is Kai said I should keep my beys apart what do you think no difference if together?

It’s not contagious for metals, but acts on individual metals. It’s unlikely to rust since metal starts to rust when exposed to moisture or oxygen, and happens over long times. Keeping them together or separate won’t make a difference.
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:32 PM)kai edits Wrote: It happens slowly but it also worns your beys teeth

Well there you are wrong Springs do loose their tension over a period of time when they are under stress. This comes under the concept of deformity and elasticity of Physics. When you come in higher classes it can be shown easily that springs lose their tension over a period of time.

Also while the spring can rust it would take a very long time and you would need humid conditions too. And I think the springs are coated with zinc and are hence galvanised to protect from rusting
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:46 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Think about it the spring is compressed by the white/red part every driver has. Nothing can change this except for rusting/erosion.
Well there you are wrong Springs do loose their tension over a period of time when they are under stress. This comes under the concept of deformity and elasticity of Physics. When you come in higher classes it it shown easily that springs lose their tension over a period of time.

I didn’t know that thanks Smile
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:46 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:
Well there you are wrong Springs do loose their tension over a period of time when they are under stress. This comes under the concept of deformity and elasticity of Physics. When you come in higher classes it can be shown easily that springs lose their tension over a period of time.

Also while the spring can rust it would take a very long time and you would need humid conditions too. And I think the springs are coated with zinc and are hence galvanised to protect from rusting

One last thing is I got a rage yesterday and when I first got it it was almost impossible to put on but now it’s kind of easy. Is that just because before it was so new that the driver had to adjust onto it or is something up?
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:59 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:46 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well there you are wrong Springs do loose their tension over a period of time when they are under stress. This comes under the concept of deformity and elasticity of Physics. When you come in higher classes it can be shown easily that springs lose their tension over a period of time.

One last thing is I got a rage yesterday and when I first got it it was almost impossible to put on but now it’s kind of easy. Is that just because before it was so new that the driver had to adjust onto it or is something up?

How tight is it now?
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:06 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:59 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: One last thing is I got a rage yesterday and when I first got it it was almost impossible to put on but now it’s kind of easy. Is that just because before it was so new that the driver had to adjust onto it or is something up?

How tight is it now?

It’s tight but certainly a bit easy to put on like my other beys and not completely impossible like yesterday and still pretty tight
To answer the question, no, springs do not weaken over time, at least not enough to be noticeable. A good example is my Volcanic driver from my Winning Valkyrie. I’ve had it since May of 2018 and the spring is just fine. Same with my Eternal from Archer Hercules. The spring is just fine on that too.
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: To answer the question, no, springs do not weaken over time, at least not enough to be noticeable. A good example is my Volcanic driver from my Winning Valkyrie. I’ve had it since May of 2018 and the spring is just fine. Same with my Eternal from Archer Hercules. The spring is just fine on that too.

Yes springs do weaken over time hoever it does take a long time to be notice able. An example is the Accel driver from my valkrie. I bought in late 2016 and it has weakened.
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:08 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:06 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: How tight is it now?

It’s tight but certainly a bit easy to put on like my other beys and not completely impossible like yesterday and still pretty tight

I think that’s because it was brand new then

(Oct. 01, 2020  2:29 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: To answer the question, no, springs do not weaken over time, at least not enough to be noticeable. A good example is my Volcanic driver from my Winning Valkyrie. I’ve had it since May of 2018 and the spring is just fine. Same with my Eternal from Archer Hercules. The spring is just fine on that too.

Yes springs do weaken over time hoever it does take a long time to be notice able. An example is the Accel driver from my valkrie. I bought in late 2016 and it has weakened.

My bearing’ has a weaker spring compared to the beginning (I placed the spring of destroy’ into it)
Okay, and just a question. I know that springs wear down over time, but I keep my beys apart all da6 except for when I am doing battles wich is about like 45 minutes, so I keep my beys apart all day except for about an hour. If I do this how long will it take for the spring to weaken enough for it to be noticeable? Also do the teeth on the newer Gt and sparking beys wear down, or is it just the teeth on dual layers that wear down?
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:39 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:08 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: It’s tight but certainly a bit easy to put on like my other beys and not completely impossible like yesterday and still pretty tight

I think that’s because it was brand new then

(Oct. 01, 2020  2:29 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Yes springs do weaken over time hoever it does take a long time to be notice able. An example is the Accel driver from my valkrie. I bought in late 2016 and it has weakened.

My bearing’ has a weaker spring compared to the beginning (I placed the spring of destroy’ into it)
im more concerned with the fact you gutted a destroy' to put just the spring in a gutted bearing
what kind of demonic plague spirit would do this
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:03 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:39 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think that’s because it was brand new then

im more concerned with the fact you gutted a destroy' to put just the spring in a gutted bearing

I did it for the op Fafnir nothing more nothing less
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:03 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:39 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think that’s because it was brand new then

im more concerned w/ the fact that someone actually did this. It is an unspoken rule between bladers not to do this mod. It's just like blowing up the universe with a nerf gun, that's just something everyone agrees not to do. Please help save the poor soul named 6Jupiter5. I hope the Beyblade gods spare him, and leave him with at least one of every body part left.
Yes. Don't store your beys together, keep the parts loose. You can get a hardware container to store them if you need
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:53 PM)bladekid Wrote: Yes. Don't store your beys together, keep the parts loose. You can get a hardware container to store them if you need

(Oct. 01, 2020  6:51 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Okay, and just a question. I know that springs wear down over time, but I keep my beys apart all da6 except for when I am doing battles wich is about like 45 minutes, so I keep my beys apart all day except for about an hour. If I do this how long will it take for the spring to weaken enough for it to be noticeable? Also do the teeth on the newer Gt and sparking beys wear down, or is it just the teeth on dual layers that wear down?

Sorry for all the quotes just want to tell you all that I think spring may actually weaken. I was doing a mini tournaments against all my beys and strike god Valkyrie (Hasbro) burst against a (Hasbro) Neptrius Now I had this Valkyrie for a while and I think that it may have actually had its springs worn down because my god Valkyrie would perform better in every way