[Answered]  Are Death and Abyss competitively viable?

I just want to know if it's worth buying the Prize beys.
yeh those purple blade can break thouh infinate lock and Death is very thick and Abyss with 3A very good for upperness Wink
(Aug. 04, 2020  7:14 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: yeh those purple blade can break thouh infinate lock and Death is very thick and Abyss with 3A very good for upperness Wink

Do you own the beys? (not trying to be harsh, just wondering)
(Aug. 04, 2020  7:50 PM)Logic123ABC Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2020  7:14 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: yeh those purple blade can break thouh infinate lock and Death is very thick and Abyss with 3A very good for upperness Wink

Do you own the beys? (not trying to be harsh, just wondering)

yes I do ok Uncertain
To elaborate on Logic's question, would either Abyss or Death make it into a 5G combo deck over other layers like Rage or Brave for example? My sons and I enjoy collecting most of the beys that get released, but we skipped this RBV and buying Death or Abyss just doesn't seem worth the price unless it was a meta part. It doesn't seem like they are critical to have in that regard, but maybe I'm wrong?
(Aug. 04, 2020  7:06 PM)Logic123ABC Wrote: I just want to know if it's worth buying the Prize beys.

I've only seen them used in stock combo matches, and they are fine. The layers don't seem to have much going for them to be competitive. Their shapes seem fine, but the purple ridges on them mainly look to be good for making slightly stronger hits. They are not rubber (for offense or defense) and the layers do not have amazing contact points. I do not recall if they even have metal on them. I would take Master Diabolos over Death and Abyss, if that is any indicator. At the end of the day, someone more experienced and/or someone who has both should be able to give you better advice, but I do not see these Layers being that competitive. They are not worth the ~$100 price tag for both. 
I will say this in their favor though: the Diabolos Sparking Chip is potentially competitive due to it being a dual spin chip, with a metal core. I believe it is the heaviest left-spin chip, unless you have a chip with the Metal Chip Core.
They need testing with and against meta parts/combos to get a better idea.
they're not bad, but they're also not everyone's first picks for a deck...
Cool All I needed to know. Thanks guys!
(Aug. 04, 2020  7:51 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2020  7:50 PM)Logic123ABC Wrote: Do you own the beys? (not trying to be harsh, just wondering)

yes I do ok :/
Pictures? Because you seem to magically get a lotta things.
(Aug. 05, 2020  5:38 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2020  5:32 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Just saying, are you seeing any mention about Genesis being used for competitive reasons? No. So that probably means it isn't good. Death and Abyss may produce more results though, as it seems. Not anything top tier at the moment, but maybe a decent alternative like Brave?
Although genesis is outclassed it still has some use in the meta
 As for Abyss and Death, I wouldn’t know how good they are for certain myself since I don’t really have them but a layer using death and a heavy chassis would effectively be a heavier slightly more aggressive Venom which would actually be a solution to some of the problems Venom had that prevented it from playing a role in the meta not to mention the fact that using a double chassis will prevent the combo from bursting. Abyss no longer has those slanted wings packed ever so close together like Erase and bL so it should have better stamina and attack. Abyss really does seem like a balance between all three types which worries me because jack of all trades parts (and particularly layers and drivers btw) usually don’t dominate but as I said before, the heavy weight of the chassis part may actually resolve that issue to an extent.
(Aug. 05, 2020  6:30 AM)Zeutron Wrote:  As for Abyss and Death, I wouldn’t know how good they are for certain myself since I don’t really have them but a layer using death and a heavy chassis would effectively be a heavier slightly more aggressive Venom which would actually be a solution to some of the problems Venom had that prevented it from playing a role in the meta not to mention the fact that using a double chassis will prevent the combo from bursting. Abyss no longer has those slanted wings packed ever so close together like Erase and bL so it should have better stamina and attack. Abyss really does seem like a balance between all three types which worries me because jack of all trades parts (and particularly layers and drivers btw) usually don’t dominate but as I said before, the heavy weight of the chassis part may actually resolve that issue to an extent.

I kinda wish sparking beys did not exist till 2029 cause where gt was going was actually good in terms of character development and beys
I’ve seen them being used in 5G combos a lot lately, but I need to gather some more info on what they are actually good at. Abyss is being used on 3A or 2S the most from what I’ve seen and on drivers like Ch’ and Un. Death I’ve seen more on single chassis on things like Ig’ and other LAD/stamina setups. So what I can gather right now is that Abyss is on the more attacker side while Death is used on more LAD focused setups. However take my theories with a grain of salt as I haven’t bought them yet to test them. They are quite expensive right now so unless they are known to be substantially better than anything else I’d wait to see more testing on them
Folks, this is the wrong thread to talk about Regalia Genesis and Big Bang Genesis and other niche beys. Don't get into extended fights over this. I'm just going to wind up giving warning percentage to those involved.
I know its been almost 2 months since the last post but I wanted to add now that tournies are starting up again that the Sparking diobolos chip is on a lot of winning builds. The stock combo may not be worth it but that sparking Diobolos chip is a meta staple in the current meta.

Edit: I just relized after the fact that the OP was probably referring to the layers not the actual Beys that they come with.
(Aug. 05, 2020  11:02 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: I’ve seen them being used in 5G combos a lot lately, but I need to gather some more info on what they are actually good at. Abyss is being used on 3A or 2S the most from what I’ve seen and on drivers like Ch’ and Un. Death I’ve seen more on single chassis on things like Ig’ and other LAD/stamina setups. So what I can gather right now is that Abyss is on the more attacker side while Death is used on more LAD focused setups. However take my theories with a grain of salt as I haven’t bought them yet to test them. They are quite expensive right now so unless they are known to be substantially better than anything else I’d wait to see more testing on them

Death on 1A seems to work pretty well for me as an attacker, and Abyss+3A I think does well on account of having the shape and structure of a hamburger made out of hate
(Aug. 04, 2020  7:59 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote: To elaborate on Logic's question, would either Abyss or Death make it into a 5G combo deck over other layers like Rage or Brave for example?   My sons and I enjoy collecting most of the beys that get released, but we skipped this RBV and buying Death or Abyss just doesn't seem worth the price unless it was a meta part.  It doesn't seem like they are critical to have in that regard, but maybe I'm wrong?

Honestly, you are not missing much but not having Death or Abyss Diabolos. The discs & drivers are whatever and the rings are just “meh”. 

Having said the, the Sparking chips are 100% meta and used a LOT right now in combos. Very similar to how Venom/Erase were throw aways but the Diabolos GT chip was the prize part. 

Variant is a good option for right spin (or if you have $ - Solomon) but Diabolos is the best/heaviest left spin chip available. 

You will have to decide how much that means to you & if it’s worth the cost.