Angel Beats!

I've started watching this anime ever since the dubbed version was released and it is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows. It's, at least, on my top 5.

The show is about a Purgatory-like Japanese Highschool where students end up after their deaths. The main character, Otonashi, just recently died and suffers of amnesia, which is apparently pretty common, in that school and he joins a group of resistance, the SSS, to fight against God after he's invited in by the group's leader, a girl named Yuri. Who do they fight against? The student council president, a white-haired loli named Angel. Their assumption is that Angel works for God and that she helps students pass on by "obliterating" them, so they oppose Angel, since they're not willing to pass on after their unjust deaths.

It's a great show and I knew that just by watching the opening (Which is awesome)

Have you guys heard of it? Do you watch it?
Sorry about reviving this...

♥ Angel Beats! ♥

My second favorite!
One of the best quotes EVER. "Knocking on Heaven's door!" The anime was amazing, one of my favorites of all time.
I cried at the last episode....

I couldn't help myself Unhappy

Just had to revive this after watching Angel Beats for the millionth time. I literally broke down a few times because the show was too epic. I recommend this to anyone even if you're not into anime.
I started watching this yesterday, and I must say, this is probably one of my favorite animes now Tongue_out I really like the characters, and the whole general idea of this world where you can't really die (since you're already dead).
I watched episodes 1-11 yesterday. First time in a long while I've watched something back to back, just because it was so good. I didn't find this by myself though, my girlfriend actually suggested it to me, so I began watching it, and much to my surprise, I love it! She's going to be Angel for Halloween :o

P.S. the opening is awesome PRO EAGLE OUT

/necro
I really liked this anime, I saw it on Netflix, and it was dubbed. Now, Im usually more of a Shounen fan so I wanted to try this, and to my surprise, I loved it. The art was amazing, and I liked the voice acting. My favorite charatcer was probably TK, haha.
Revive this.

I never watched anything back to back. But this series, it was impossible not to. So yeah watched all episodes in one go and cried like a baby at the end.

Otonashi's back story is so sad ;-;

This whole anime ... ugh my godamn feels.

And obviously after finishing it, I went on tumblr and grieved with the rest of the fandom xD

Edit: Opening ♥♥♥
Angel Beats really got me more involved with anime, it has a special place in my memory, heart, and soul. Smile
currently up to episode 4 or something, kinda lost count due to me not watching it for a while due to not having much computer access. i say it's so far so good, but out of what i have watched, ive seen better. maybe i just have to wait till the end to get a proper oppinion.
Bumping this thread.

I completed this anime last week. It was indeed a good anime. However, I wont really put it in my top 5.
I also found it to be a bit similar to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. But, Angel Beats! was a little more 'serious' than it.

Also, I had a question about the ending of the anime.
I heard of this, and it was recommended to me; I still have to get around to it. I have a OT question for N0body though; how was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I'm trying to watch it in broadcast order instead of chronological, but the way it's arranged is in chronological order. Plus, after seeing the first two episodes, it's like "eh" to me. It's the first anime that I have started watching then put on the backburner. If it was like that for me, would Angel Beats be the same way?

Also, I'd answer your question, but I don't want to spoil it for myself XD
(Feb. 26, 2013  12:22 PM)N0body Wrote: Also, I had a question about the ending of the anime.
i think i have an answer.
@BBPegasisMaster, Angel Beats is definitely better. I found them to be similar in terms of character designs and personalities of the characters, not the whole storyline.

Giraton, That is certainly a possibility. Thanks for answering.

Anyways, I've heard that some people wanted a sequel to this. I strongly disagree because it would totally ruin the effect of the ending. One of the reasons why this anime was awesome is because it made you attached to the characters and then left you with a bittersweet ending.

Continuing on, it would ruin the effect, in my opinion.

Alternatively, getting a new cast and repeating the general storyline would not be that great either because personally I know I would not resist making comparisons and expecting the new characters to meet the personality standards of the previous cast.

I really liked the soundtrack, Thousand Enemies being my favorite song!

Here is some Iwasawa for you:
Also, if they had made the anime a tad bit longer (maybe two more episodes) to include the backstory of TK and some of the other guys, it would have been cooler.

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Awesome anime. So much more emotional than I expected; it affected me for weeks lol. GirlsDeMo will always be one of my favorite bands
Is it okay to revive this?..
(Jul. 18, 2013  9:11 PM)Sparta Wrote: Is it okay to revive this?..

I think you're good as long as it's not for dumb reasons XD

From the beginning to the end of the anime, I didn't expect that ending, and I didn't expect I'd be crying a second time (Jun Maeda, you sly dog.) In my opinion, she wasn't even dead. When you think about it, if she got his heart, then why is she dead so young, unless something went wrong? All of this isn't elaborated on, but I think she's there because she's in a coma from either getting the heart transplant or some other reason.

I was so sad, but then I saw the ending, which looked like Otonashi and Kanade together again, so I didn't mind much.
Well, the visual novel HAS been confirmed to be in production. THAT'S what I'm squealing about. I've known about it for a while, but this is the first time Key has really talked about the possibility of a near release. Progress was reported from last February, and the VN's existence was confirmed ages ago. Just waiting for a legit release date. Apparently, the scenario is coming along nicely, especially routes not explained within the anime. Which is great, to me. Will post links soon.