Amaterios Discussion.

To me it is abnormal that this did not have any testing topic and that nobody has written a draft about Burst parts yet, so I took matters into my own hands hah.

This is my contribution for αmaterios, because it surprised me that some people had mentioned that it had no use. Here are the results first :

Amaterios Heavy Assault VS. Wyvern Heavy Accel
Amaterios : 18 (9 Bursts, 7 OS, 2 KO)
Wyvern : 12 (OS)
Win percentage : 60%

Amaterios Heavy Assault VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Amaterios : 2 (Burst)
Wyvern : 8 (OS)
Win percentage : 20%

Conditions : BeyLauncher, the highest grade of power (alternating two lights flashing before all three blink), Wyvern shot first since it was the Defense type technically, Amaterios was at least banked most of the time, and obviously the legal Burst BeyStadium Standard Type was used.

Benchmark (Click to View)

Observations

The first few times I had tried αmaterios Heavy Assault before officially recording the results for this topic, it really amazed me because it was winning by huge bursts almost all the time. It is weird that it did not burst the opponent as much in the official battles though, but my observation remains that it is awesome at bursting Wyvern Heavy Accel, or probably anything mobile.

However, since Assault is like Metal Fight Beyblade's Wide Flat Bottom (Quetzalcoatl 90WF), it is a lot harder to maintain a consistent flower pattern with it, especially after the first hit. Therefore, its huge weakness is any opponent that stays in the middle of the stadium. This is definitely why I ended up not using it in yesterday's tournament in Montréal, besides the fact that I barely reached my acquired launch power anymore and that I could not tell in advance what people would be using hah.

If you know for certain that your opponent will use Wyvern Heavy Accel or something similar, I would say that αmaterios is, while not necessarily your best choice since it can be quite risky anyway, certainly the most fun selection, as opposed to a steady Stamina counter. The reason for it being a good counter against Wyvern Heavy Accel, in my opinion, is that their 'wings' or 'angled contact points' are total opposites : Wyvern's are counter-spin, while αmaterios' follow its spin direction.

It is also important to note that while it did "pack a bunch" as some would say, whenever it bursts an opponent, it is also very close to bursting itself, often only one tooth away from disassembling.

Other avenues

- Making it more controllable : I only vaguely tried it with Accel to see if at least it could be controlled better, but it did not seem like it would punch as much.

- How about against other mobile combinations ? Well, fire your suggestions away, I just wanted to test other things and could not believe that αmaterios was a completely useless Layer. I only wanted to find one good characteristic and stumbled on it.

So, even if it ends up being too risky for tournaments, too 'niche', etc., at least any testing is good to have out there, like my next topic will prove hah. Let whatever this shows be known, quite simply.
Thanks for the testing Kai-V!
I've been waiting for this topic for a long time. Thanks for the testing Kai-V!

If it's not too much trouble, could you test Amaterios Heavy Accel vs. Wyvern Heavy Survive (with a Valkyrie/Spriggan benchmark)? You mentioned that Amaterios was useful for defeating Mobile Defense, but how does it fare as a "normal" Attack Layer? Your comment about Accel not packing as much of a "punch" makes me think that Assault, rather than Amaterios, is doing most of the work against Wyvern Heavy Accel, by running down the slower Accel or providing more momentum than Accel during a head-on collision. Valkyrie/Spriggan Heavy Assault vs. Wyvern Heavy Accel tests would be a good way to tell if it is Amaterios or Assault that is so useful against Mobile Defense.

Is this a discussion about all of Amaterios' parts or just the Layer? If it involves Assault as well I'd like to see how Assault performs in comparison to Accel on Mobile Defense combos and on Deathscyther Spread.
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: I've been waiting for this topic for a long time. Thanks for the testing Kai-V!

If it's not too much trouble, could you test Amaterios Heavy Accel vs. Wyvern Heavy Survive (with a Valkyrie/Spriggan benchmark)? You mentioned that Amaterios was useful for defeating Mobile Defense, but how does it fare as a "normal" Attack Layer? Your comment about Accel not packing as much of a "punch" makes me think that Assault, rather than Amaterios, is doing most of the work against Wyvern Heavy Accel, by running down the slower Accel or providing more momentum than Accel during a head-on collision. Valkyrie/Spriggan Heavy Assault vs. Wyvern Heavy Accel tests would be a good way to tell if it is Amaterios or Assault that is so useful against Mobile Defense.

Is this a discussion about all of Amaterios' parts or just the Layer? If it involves Assault as well I'd like to see how Assault performs in comparison to Accel on Mobile Defense combos and on Deathscyther Spread.

So, to sum it up, you would like to me to do the following tests ?

αmaterios Heavy Accel VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
(benchmark) Valkyrie/Spriggan Heavy Accel VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Valkyrie/Spriggan Heavy Assault VS. Wyvern Heavy Accel

What specifically for the last paragraph ?
Those tests that Wombat suggested seem to be perfect. If you can, please test amaterios Heavy Assault against Deathscyther Spread Accel Smile
Thanks for the tests Kai-V, not many people would be willing to put their Amaterios into the line of fire considering how elusive it was for many, haha. I would definitely like to see Amaterios Heavy Accel, it might give it the control it needs while hopefully not sacrificing too much power. Assault would be interesting to see on Valkyrie or on mobile defense combos, as Wombat said. If by some shred of luck I manage to win one, expect me to throw some tests into the ring.

Also, just to throw this out there, anything interesting about Aero, or is it just another throwaway (albeit pretty) disk?
Awesome! Thank you very much for using your parts to test this out! I wonder if it would be good against like a WHS/WSS if you could get the sliding shoot just right. I was thinking that it might be a kind of double threat, where you could use it on mobile defense as well as an attacker, depending on what your opponent picked. I think it would at least give you a chance at beating mobile defense and stamina, better than if you had chosen incorrectly. But it may turn out to be a kind of jack of all trades, master of none. What do you think about that Kai-V?
(Oct. 27, 2015  3:46 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Awesome! Thank you very much for using your parts to test this out! I wonder if it would be good against like a WHS/WSS if you could get the sliding shoot just right. I was thinking that it might be a kind of double threat, where you could use it on mobile defense as well as an attacker, depending on what your opponent picked. I think it would at least give you a chance at beating mobile defense and stamina, better than if you had chosen incorrectly. But it may turn out to be a kind of jack of all trades, master of none. What do you think about that Kai-V?

As αmaterios Heavy αssault, or with another Driver ? αmaterios definitely has the power to defeat Stamina types too I think, but not really with αssault, so I will officially test αmaterios with Accel to see if it makes any difference.

Half Nail, I have to say that while I have not hesitated to test αmaterios and αssault and even lend them to D!CE during the tournament, I did not even open the bag containing αero yet because it is painted hah.
I'll definitely be playing a ton with mine when it gets here later this week, Kai-V! Anyone who has requests about specific customizations should make them here.
(Oct. 27, 2015  4:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As αmaterios Heavy αssault, or with another Driver ? αmaterios definitely has the power to defeat Stamina types too I think, but not really with αssault, so I will officially test αmaterios with Accel to see if it makes any difference.
Amaterios Heavy/Spread Assault. I guess it wouldn't have enough stamina with Assault, but it is way faster, so maybe it could get push out KOs while stalling and burst immobile stamina types. But yeah, I don't think it will be the best choice for either category, but it might have more dual use when you have no idea what your opponent will pick, especially when you feel like you can out launch them. That way you aren't stuck with the rock, paper, scissors meta
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: I've been waiting for this topic for a long time. Thanks for the testing Kai-V!

So, to sum it up, you would like to me to do the following tests ?

αmaterios Heavy Accel VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
(benchmark) Valkyrie/Spriggan Heavy Accel VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Valkyrie/Spriggan Heavy Assault VS. Wyvern Heavy Accel

What specifically for the last paragraph ?

Yes, those are correct. For the last paragraph I was wondering how Wyvern Heavy/Spread Assault performs against Attack in comparison to Wyvern Heavy/Spread Accel as a Mobile Defense combo. I also would like to see if Assault's wider diameter adds to Deathscyther Spread Accel's stall time and keeps it upright longer, allowing it to outspin Wyvern/Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive even without a super-powerful launch. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier, I was unsure if this thread was only about the Amaterios layer or if Assault was being discussed as well.
Hmm... It looks to me like getting as many hits as possible would bring this Bey to its best usage. Maybe you could try it with the Blow Driver? I'm just interested to see how it would perform, maybe this could help it against those pesky non-aggressive defense Beys.
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:08 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Hmm... It looks to me like getting as many hits as possible would bring this Bey to its best usage. Maybe you could try it with the Blow Driver? I'm just interested to see how it would perform, maybe this could help it against those pesky non-aggressive defense Beys.

I tried it with a Blow driver just recently, it seems too heavy to be really affective. I did 20 rounds of AHB and 20 of ASB all of which was Vs DSS. Both AHB and ASB good a good amount of hits in they didn't burst DSS and because of it's instability issues it spun out before it could really dish out any pain.
I see. Blow must not be that aggressive, I guess. We need a WSF type of Driver in this series, IMO. Thanks for trying it out.
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:18 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I see. Blow must not be that aggressive, I guess. We need a WSF type of Driver in this series, IMO. Thanks for trying it out.

Blow is definitely aggressive, it's just not very aggressive with Amaterios' layer. With Deathscyther or Valkyrie it's amazing, consistently dealing out hard hitting blows. I did find, however, that because it's so aggressive it runs a huge risk of getting your own bey to burst. But yeah, I think it's probably because Amaterios' layer is really heavy and really unstable it doesn't really deal out enough hard blows to be successful before it spins out.
I won myself two amaterios so be ready for some crazy tests haha. I will nost likely be getting one of them next week so thats when ill have the tests up most likely. I will test AHS, AHA, AHAs, AHB, AHD, and AHC. Most likely against VHA, WHA, OHD, DSA, and SHA.
I am planning to write the Amaterios part draft soon, so here are some tests to explore whether it had other uses anywhere :

Amaterios Heavy Defense vs. Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Amaterios : 1 (Outspin)
Valkyrie : 9 (2 Knock Out, 7 Outspin)

Amaterios Spread Survive vs. Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Amaterios : 1 (Outspin)
Valkyrie : 9 (Outspin, 1 Burst)

Amaterios Armed Claw vs. Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Amaterios : 0
Valkyrie : 10 (Outspin, 1 Knock Out)

It is so bad that no setup seems great for it, because the thing that strikes me from all of this is that Amaterios basically never bursts. It is also the heaviest Layer, so technically, if you can just bar the whole Burst aspect of this game with it, surely it should be good somewhere with something ... It seems totally ideal, to be able to completely be immune to several categories of combinations. I think it might be too heavy too far out to be good ? It is not that much bigger than Valkyrie, but the weight seems more distributed on the circumference, along with those attack points.

By the way the last tooth on each side really seem bent on my Amaterios regardless of that.
IMO aRF could possibly be a good combo, with good attack, defense, and stamina properties. plus, aRF sounds cool, so why not?
What is F supposed to be ?
fusion, the driver.

(i added "the driver" so this wouldn't be a one word post.)
Oh right hahah. But really ? I mean, since the usual setups do not seem to work, I supposed we would have to look on the boundaries, but I did not think we would have to go that far and use something that has basically never seen use hah.
Fusion? Fusion is weird. That combo is kind of a weird stationary Attack thing. I don't know how that would be good.
I can test it when I get home, but even with a worn Fusion, it is hard to slide shoot and get it to go on the attack, I haven't even been able to do it. You can get it to stall, but wouldn't rely on it with amaterios' poor stamina. Very interesting combo, though, and hoping it does find use for amaterios! Smile
I don't expect Amaterios to have potential with anything other than Xtreme. Looking forward to try it.
From the one video that exists of it, αmaterios ___ Extreme looks to be anything but viable. I would expect it to have more success on Blow if anything.

EDIT: My mistake, there was a video with Force as the disk aswell, it wasn't good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0Uhtd4Kws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsHxLKAHr5k