Alter Chronos Testing

Alter Chronos Testing

[Image: 8qce6Yo.jpg]

Materials Used
B-09 Beystadium Standard Type
B-65 Beylauncher Speed Ver. w/ B-21 Power Grip and B-77 Beylogger Plus (Used in same-spin tests)
B-70 Sword Launcher (Used in opposite-spin tests, always used in Power Mode)
B-81 Light Launcher L w/ B-45 Long Winder and B-77 Beylogger (Used in opposite spin tests)

Combos Tested
Alter Chronos 8-Meteor Reboot
Alter Chronos 8-Glaive Accel
Alter Chronos Polish Atomic

Testing Opponents
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Neptune Spread Atomic

In the testing with Reboot and Accel, Fafnir was always launched first. In all other tests, launches were alternated between beys.

Alter Chronos 8-Meteor Reboot vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic

Alter Chronos 8-Glaive Accel vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic

Alter Chronos Polish Atomic vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic

Alter Chronos Polish Atomic vs. Neptune Spread Atomic

Now that you've read through the testing, here's the benchmark I did with Fafnir and Neptune after the testing was done;

Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic vs. Neptune Spread Atomic

Final Thoughts

Alter Chronos, when on Atomic and a disc with good LAD, could be a viable counter to Drain Fafnir. However, since my Neptune is almost a year old and is probably worn down, it's not hard to imagine Neptune might still be a better choice to counter Fafnir, and it's entirely possible that Chronos might not be good at battling layers that would only be top-tier if Fafnir gets banned. As for the mode-change, it's either barely noticeable or the bey's achilles heel when it's on the wrong mode for the situation, so there'd be no reason to want to switch modes mid-battle.

Overall, it's an alright layer, but I'm still skeptical about it. I'd like to see what others have to say on it's performance, though. Let's not have another Fafnir/Atomic scenario where only one person posts anything about it before it becomes a dominant force and everyone with better info conveniently says nothing, ok? :P
so basically aC is only good for destabilization and as a counter to dF?
no offense but is testing against the most op combo that is gonna prob get banned, fair?
(Jun. 18, 2017  2:38 AM)darkelf Wrote: no offense but is testing against the most op combo that is gonna prob get banned, fair?

Umm, we still test against D2... It's to see how it stacks up. Testing against virtually everything is ideal.
(Jun. 18, 2017  2:49 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  2:38 AM)darkelf Wrote: no offense but is testing against the most op combo that is gonna prob get banned, fair?

Umm, we still test against D2... It's to see how it stacks up. Testing against virtually everything is ideal.

good to know

Thats probably not bad. Even if they banned, if we don't test em against new stuff we would never know if there are parts that can beat em and they will remain banned forever. Like Odin was banned too but later it got unbanned as newer oarts released and proven to beat it.

We must try everything banned or not for sake of gaining information. Also banning isn't always solution to op combos, making thimgs that can beat it while being versetile against rest meta can be good too. We can unban D2 and D too, to balance things out.

Burst is stil new and going on, TT will keep releasing newer parts and in end it will be like MFB or PLA wheres nothing is banned due to unfair advantage (Dragoon BD145RDF is bit op, and like MFB's DF AT but its still unbanned due to its being able to beat by Duo and once you get how to Push KO beys, I'm sure you can beat it with Attack too)
Hey, bumping this, but I'm interested in Meteo on a purely aggressive setup. Something like Valtryek 6/7Meteo Xtreme. Could someone test that?
(Jul. 09, 2017  7:02 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Hey, bumping this, but I'm interested in Meteo on a purely aggressive setup. Something like Valtryek 6/7Meteo Xtreme. Could someone test that?

I've just finished doing some testing on Roktavor 8-Meteor Xtreme, and the results were pretty interesting, but this thread is more centered around Alter Chronos, so I'm gonna post it in the Hasbro testing thread since, you know,

Roktavor
(Jul. 09, 2017  10:12 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2017  7:02 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Hey, bumping this, but I'm interested in Meteo on a purely aggressive setup. Something like Valtryek 6/7Meteo Xtreme. Could someone test that?

I've just finished doing some testing on Roktavor 8-Meteor Xtreme, and the results were pretty interesting, but this thread is more centered around Alter Chronos, so I'm gonna post it in the Hasbro testing thread since, you know,

Roktavor

That makes sense. I'll check it out. I only suggested this as the frame peeks out below Valkyrie and wanted to see how it'd do.
can u try aC 4/8G At for defense?