Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Poll: What do you think?

It's surpassed expectations!
50.00%
Not as good as everyone thought, but still a good show.
18.75%
It's ok.
12.50%
No, it didn't live up to the hype.
6.25%
What the heck is this?
12.50%
Total: 100% 16 vote(s)
So this is a fairly new show, made by Marvel that serves as a sort of "sequel series" to The Avengers. It focuses less on the super heros and more on agents.
Even with all the overly dramatic moments and cheesy jokes, I really like what I've seen.

My favourite character has gotta be Leo Fitz. He's so smart he can't help but be entertaining, haha.

So what are your thoughts on it? Is it living up to the hype? Or is it a let down?
Based on the avengers? its an official continuation, so i don't think that's the right word there. yea here in Australia we get it right after america by a few hours difference so i was able to see the movie length premier of the first 2 episodes. not bad but it seems to be lacking the feeling of the films, and i can't catch why. still going to hopefully watch the rest of it.
Ok, my bad, I'll change that.

And I've noticed that too. Maybe it's the lack of special effects or super hero-y stuff?
Its good, but I just feel that its being made as a Cash Crop.

I hope they feature some heroes/villains, so its not just Cops with S.H.I.E.L.D., haha.
I've never really been a huge Marvel fan just because I was never interested, but I watched the first episode after hearing that it was created by Joss Whedon & thought it was awesome. A week later, I stopped watching the second episode halfway through. I'll probably get back to it at some point since I think it's a pretty interesting show, but for some reason I haven't been interested in watching live action tv shows lately. It's kind of depressing, to be honest. Anyway, In response to your question, I didn't hear a whole lot a hype over it but it did live up to my expectations.
(Oct. 06, 2013  3:36 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Its good, but I just feel that its being made as a Cash Crop.

I hope they feature some heroes/villains, so its not just Cops with S.H.I.E.L.D., haha.
Well in episode one there was that whole centipede thing, so that was like a supervillain in a way. Not sure if "centipede" is a new concept, or if it's been in previous Marvel products. I was never really into superheroes until The Avengers.

And I believe the purpose of the show was to give it a more human theme. No super powers, just (semi)realistic heros, so kids can look up to them and actually have a chance to be like them(?)

Not exactly sure about the last part, haha.
I don't usually watch live-actions shows and prefer to stick to cartoons, but this show is awesome! I love all the MCU references, and for a small screen sci-fi show, the special effects are pretty great. The action scenes are very well choreographed, and the show is actually quite funny at times. I think its been pretty fantastic so far, and I can't wait to find out what Hill knows that Coulson can never know. I've heard speculation that the real Coulson is dead and that this one is a clone, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. All I know is theirs no way you can fake getting stabbed through the chest, especially by Loki.
I like the whole idea that there agents and don't want people to know what is happening. I wonder if that women is going to tell all there secrets. It would be cool if more of the re stains come out and fighting. I like this show makes you wonder if the can keep fight in all these tough situations.
The newest episode had me fooled XD I really liked it!
I actually really like this show lol thanks for the referral. I am not sure if I am behind or not, but I am just watching on hulu, haha.
The latest episode was certainly interesting, almost creepy. It had a "big brother" aspect integrated into it.
During the eye surgery, Fitz and I had the same reaction XD we're brothers, haha.
(Oct. 16, 2013  7:44 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: The latest episode was certainly interesting, almost creepy. It had a "big brother" aspect integrated into it.
During the eye surgery, Fitz and I had the same reaction XD we're brothers, haha.
It was gross lol
when they were in the van-
Skye: "Oh yeah, and Fitz wants snacks"
Fitz: "I'm feeling a bit pickish"
Ward: *hangs up*
haha IDK why but that was so funny.
Episode 6 was a bit scary. I thought she would actually die. I am not being too specific, because I don't wanna give anything away. Coulson FTW
Yah, they did a good job of leading us on. I liked the part where the surgery or whatever was taking place:
Skye: What are you looking for?
Fitz: Air freshener.
Skye: Not you.

Fitz's accent makes him that much funnier XD
Sorry to bump this thread, but the latest episode was pretty darn awesome. I was left guessing every single second, and the amount of plot twists could have been used to make a years worth of Twizzlers. Amazing job by the producers, the episode was freaking amazing.
(Apr. 13, 2014  1:49 AM)Dual Wrote: Sorry to bump this thread, but the latest episode was pretty darn awesome. I was left guessing every single second, and the amount of plot twists could have been used to make a years worth of Twizzlers. Amazing job by the producers, the episode was freaking amazing.

I watched it and rewatched it. They fit it in so well with the Winter Soldier; kudos to them.

Tongue_out
#hail hydra
(Apr. 13, 2014  1:52 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2014  1:49 AM)Dual Wrote: Sorry to bump this thread, but the latest episode was pretty darn awesome. I was left guessing every single second, and the amount of plot twists could have been used to make a years worth of Twizzlers. Amazing job by the producers, the episode was freaking amazing.

I watched it and rewatched it. They fit it in so well with the Winter Soldier; kudos to them.

Yeah they did....... I liked the show a lot i think that it was as good as it could be
best show ever i watch it all most every night
No punisher, so it isn't the best.

Rather watch dare devil.