A New Life- I Live in New York

I just thought I should let you guys know that I live in New York now. I'm currently in Mineola, Long Island. However, we will have an apartment in Queens near Elmhurst at some point. I'm open to meeting up with someone if you wanna let me know.

-Anubis
kool, why did you move?
Elmhurst eh? about an hours away from me via subway. We must plan a get together Grin
Pretty cool man. But are you on your own now, as in moved out of you parents house.
thanks for the heads up
No, my mom has contracted cancer and she is being treated for it at Elmhurst. We are making miraculous progress so far! It's still hard, though.
Oh well that puts a dmaper on it. Great shes getting better.
Good with the bad I guess, right.
Anubis Wrote:No, my mom has contracted cancer and she is being treated for it at Elmhurst. We are making miraculous progress so far! It's still hard, though.

Sorry to hear that Evan but it's great she's getting better!

New York, eh? That's closer to England but not close enough. Visit me. Now. >8(
AnnieDuck Wrote:GET LAID

I did, it was terrible.
Anubis Wrote:
AnnieDuck Wrote:GET LAID

I did, it was terrible.

this is not the typical reaction
Anubis Wrote:I just thought I should let you guys know that I live in New York now. I'm currently in Mineola, Long Island. However, we will have an apartment in Queens near Elmhurst at some point. I'm open to meeting up with someone if you wanna let me know.

-Anubis
thats 10 min from my house i live in hempsted
Anubis Wrote:I just thought I should let you guys know that I live in New York now. I'm currently in Mineola, Long Island. However, we will have an apartment in Queens near Elmhurst at some point. I'm open to meeting up with someone if you wanna let me know.

-Anubis

Totally up for meeting up once you're settled in queens.
I've been to elmhurst a bunch, old band lived there.
Should be a blast.
Hempstead is not far at all. My friend Dee lives there as well. Nasty place, though...

I still haven't gotten an apartment in Queens. The idea is that we'll have one in July after I get back from Anthrocon.
Okay, here's an update. My mom has completed her radiation therapy. She just went through a PET Scan, and she is completely clean. The cancer is gone. We were terrified when waiting for the results that the other shoe was going to drop (I suppose we're used to that result after living with my dad for so long).

Also, the lymph nodes behind her heart are no longer inflamed save one of them, and that one is much smaller than it was and is believed to continue to shrink.

Mom will soon have her nephrostomy tubes removed. They are tubes that emerge from her back and drain urine from her kidneys, which now have 100% function even after suffering complete and total failure months ago. Once those tubes are removed, we can go home.

And no, we are not in an apartment in Elmhurst. We're still in Mineola. We kept finding reason to stay here, as irritating as my aunt and uncle are.
I live in buffalo its some hours from ya heh. But sorry to hear about about ur mom and its great news she is getting better.
Dude thats so good to hear.
Seriously, we're all waiting for it to sink in. We all felt like we were going to vomit botulism all over some old lady while we were waiting for the test results. But finally.. good news. We like good news.
I'm glad your mom is getting better, I've been worried since you told me.
Good to hear Evan Smile Glad your mom is getting better
Ill say a prayer for her 2marrow in church ok.
OH NEVERMIND GUESS THE carp WHAT

I wake up to my mom sobbing today and the doctor has changed his carp mind and says she has to take two more bouts of chemotherapy, and this kind WILL make her hair fall out. And then she has to get her tubes removed by the doctor that originally did it, who lied to her and hurt her.

I can't take this carp for too much longer. I'm tired of waiting for the next carp shoe to drop. We've been doing this for seven months and I'm at my god damned breaking point.
dude thats harsh! man ur im my prayers. hope everything works out for the best for you! :-(
Evan, my sincerest apologies. I will be thinking about you and your mother! I really hope she gets better...I'm not going to lie and say I know what this is like, but if you need anything you know I've been through cancer before twice! Just hit me up on IM