A-24 Driger F First Draft! Approval from Kei Requested!

I meant pictures of Driger F in general...
Whoops the way you said it was kinda confusing. After looking at the site Th!nk mentioned the red and purple versions are definately seperate recolours.
Red Clear - Event Recolour, "Expert Event" apparently. Picture here.
Yellow Clear - Fukubasho 2002.
Purple Clear - Special campaign, Beyblade card game. Picture here.
Plane Clear - A Shogakukan lottery special. Shogakukan is the publisher of the Beyblade manga.
Mine isn't in perfect nick, but if no one else can, I can try to take some pictures tomorrow.

However, Kei still needs to look into this explanation of one of the combinations :\ : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Wolborg-...#pid882682
.. It's Upper Attack.

If everyone is okay with it, I'd put the article up and leave out that combination until Kei decides to join us and give his verdict? Get what we can up on the wiki!
I already sent Kei a PM about that discussion today, so let's wait until I hear back from him on it.
Awesome. I'm almost done editing with the formatting and updated alternate color list, too, so you can save your many tentacles the strain of doing it.

EDIT: IT IS DONE
Now that we have pictures, is it ready to go or..?
Despite the fact that I know almost nothing about plastics and that you all know it, I still want to try to help. I just used the same reflection tactics that I have for Metal Fight Beyblade articles, but applied to something that I can only think of theoretically.

(Jan. 29, 2012  9:29 PM)th!nk Wrote: {{Beybox
| image = Driger-F.jpg
| full item name = Driger Fang
| item number = A-24
| beyblade system = [[5-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Balance]]
}}

__TOC__

== Attack Ring (AR): Cross Fang ==
*Weight: 5g
Cross Fang's relatively thin design depicts four symmetrical tiger heads, with large protrusions tailing them. Though these protrusions are prominent enough to make adequate contact in right spin, Cross Fang suffers from a large amount of recoil and is very fragile, making it practically unusable for [[Smash Attack]] (Is there anything at all in the shape of that "tiger back" that makes it more vulnerable to have Recoil, or anything at all in the shape, besides Recoil and fragility, that make it bad for Smash Attack ? Should it be pointier, should it be bolder, longer, etc. ?). This recoil and fragility also hinders any possible ability in [[Stamina]] and [[Defense]] (Again, if it were not for Recoil and fragility, its shape would be good for Stamina or Defense ? Perhaps it is true for plastics, but even then, perhaps there is a play between the fact that it is too 'pointy' for Stamina and Defense, but not enough for Attack ?), despite its fairly even weight distribution, and as such it has no competitive use.

== Weight Disk (WD): ==
See [[Balance Weight Disks|8 Balance]]

== Spin Gear (SG): Right SG (Full Auto Clutch Ver.) ==
The tip is a wide and free-spinning flat metal tip containing a bearing which allows fast movement and adequate survival ability. Though it is difficult to control, the high speed and decent stamina means it finds use in both [[Smash Attack]] and [[Upper Attack]], being able to deliver hard hits even during later stages of battle.

=== Using the Full Auto Clutch Shaft in other Casings and Bases ===
The Shaft of the SG can be used in the following casings, in addition to its own: [[Dranzer S|SG (Free Shaft Ver)]], in which if (it ?) spins freely, along with [[Burning Kerberous|Double Bearing Core]] Casings, and [[Wolborg 2|SG (Bearing Ver. 2)]] Casings, in both of which it is fixed in place. The SG (Free Shaft Ver.) casings are the only ones which are at a useable height for competitive use.

In SG (Free Shaft Ver.), the SG is short enough for combinations to make effective contact, and as it may be used with [[Burning Kerberous|Customize Bearing Base]], and [[Wolborg 2|Defense Grip Base 2]], amongst others, it can be used in a variety of [[Attack]] customizations.

=== Use in [[Smash Attack]] Customization ===
The excellent speed of this tip, alongside its compatibility with Customize Bearing Base, which can use SPs, allows the creation of powerful Smash Attack Customizations.
Here is one such combination:

* '''AR:''' Triple Tiger ([[Driger G]])
* '''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG (Free Shaft Ver.)]] ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' Full Auto Clutch Shaft ([[Driger F]])
* '''SP:''' Survivor Ring ([[Dark Series]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Bearing Base ([[Burning Kerberous]])

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]] Customization ===
Due to the ability to use SPs, the combination of the Full Auto Clutch shaft and Customize Bearing Base can make effective use of [[Driger V2]]’s AR and SP combination to create strong Upper Attack:

* '''AR:''' Upper Claw ([[Driger V2]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks|10 Heavy]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG (Free Shaft Ver.)]] ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SP:''' Upper Attack SP ([[Driger V2]])

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]]/[[Spin Stealing]] Customization ===
Another notable combination which makes use of the low height, decent stamina (Endurance ?), and bearing support of this particular setup is a rather unorthodox Upper Attack/Spin Stealing combo, which, despite being in the opposite spin direction to most opponents, still exhibits powerful [[Upper Attack]] against them (arguably more powerful than it does against same-spin opponents), focusing less on creating large amounts of lift and more on using smaller amounts of lift more efficiently, to score easier KOs.
It also boasts decent ability to steal spin due to a free-spinning shaft, relatively circular shape, and good weight distribution. This, along with the destabilising properties of its Upper Attack, allows it to succeed where many other Attack combinations would fail. As such, combined with a good launch, it is an incredibly dangerous and versatile combination.
The combination is as follows:

* '''AR:''' Triangle Wing ([[Dranzer GT]]) or Upper Dragoon ([[Master Dragoon]]/[[Kid Dragoon]])
* '''BB:''' Defense Grip Base 2 ([[Wolborg 2]])

== Blade Base (BB): Full Auto Clutch Base ==
*Weight: 15g (with SG (Full Auto Clutch))

The Blade Base is, as named, a clutch base with two springs and hooks. The only practical use of this base is with SG (Full Auto Clutch). At high RPMs, it clutches the tip for extra speed and force. At low RPMs, the clutch releases, causing a decrease in speed, and causing the beyblade to circle closer near the center of the stadium. However, the poor shape of the base, combined with the fact the gimmick trades off a significant amount of stamina for a relatively minor gain in aggression, means it does not have any real competitive use.

== Other Versions ==
* '''Driger F''' - [[Metal Master]] Version (Silver)
* '''Driger F''' - [[Hyperblade]] Version (Light Green/Silver-Green)
*'''Driger F''' - Clear Version - Shogakukan (Manga) Lottery Special
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Purple - Beyblade TCG Campaign
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Red - Expert Event Recolor
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Yellow - Fukubasho 2002 Recolor
* '''Driger F''' - White Version - Beybooster F

== Overall ==
The main draw of this Beyblade is its unique shaft, which is not only provides extremely fast movement, but also has decent [[Survival]] ability. While the rest of this Beyblade leaves a lot to be desired, the shaft is more than enough to make up for it. '''Every Blader should own this Beyblade, albeit after obtaining other staple [[Attack]] parts.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Is "shaft" usually capitalised ? It looks like it should.
It's really the overall shape that causes recoil, and just the thin-ness means it doesn't absorb shock that well. I'll give you something more detailed later.

It'd be good for stamina without the recoil and fragility, it's quite well balanced overall. As for defense, too light, that part is just there to say "it is also not useful for defense due to it's recoil".

Yes, that "if" should be "it".

Stamina should be "Survival", but survival sounds awkward. We use the words interchangeably.

I'll go through and clean my draft up in a little, I still need to do a little on that SG section in line with Kei's suggestions in the Dragoon V2/Compatability list threads, as I do in most things I've written. I've just been struggling to find inspiration to write lately, though I have been watching this forum closely.

And yeah, shaft should be capitalised, any changes I didn't comment on were correct iirc.
So if its thickness just doubled or whatever, it would be much better ? Is that really the only explanation possible ?
Okay, gave it a look into.

In terms of attack, the contact points aren't pronounced enough to really do anything on wide defense. On 10 wide, it's a little better, but then the recoil issues start. It's still very weak, and the contact points are, from what I can tell, angled a little too far inward, perhaps?

For defense and zombies, it has too many notches, it's shape is overall too rough. For defense, this means attackers can hook into it far too easily.

For zombies, it's really not that much worse than Turtle survivor (Metal Draciel/Master Dranzer), though I personally believe Turtle survivor is only useful for zombies if for some reason you lack Tiger Defenser, Twin Horn, Gyro AR, War Lion, Zeus's AR and a decent SAR, Hasbro Twin Horn and a Decent SAR, AND Wing Upper (Flame Pegasus's AR, which is significantly better than this and Turtle Survivor).

Basically, Cross Fang is just another spot further down that list, but it's REALLY not worth bothering with. The overall shape is too aggressive for survival or defense, and not aggressive enough for attack, as well as being flimsy.

Now, someone (Dan) can go write that in.
Cool, that is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully it does not bother Dan to add that in the draft.
I'm sure it won't. Otherwise I'll just end up doing it when I rewrite the compatibility sections of all the relevant drafts I've had a hand in.
Sure, I'll get to it later today when I'm (hopefully) a lot less lethargic.

Should I add this to my OP (with Th!nk's edits I forgot to add, but will do) or just make an entirely new post of Th!nk's edits with that put in?

Quote:{{Beybox
| image = Driger-F.jpg
| full item name = Driger Fang
| item number = A-24
| beyblade system = [[5-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Balance]]
}}

__TOC__

== Attack Ring (AR): Cross Fang ==
*Weight: 5g
Cross Fang's relatively thin design depicts four symmetrical tiger heads, with large protrusions tailing them. Though these protrusions are prominent enough to make adequate contact in right spin, Cross Fang suffers from a large amount of recoil and is very fragile, on top of this, all of its contact points are subdued and a tad inward making it practically unusable for [[Smash Attack]].. This recoil, fragility and design which has too many small notches making it very susceptible to Attack ARs which can easily latch on to it with an explosive outcome also hinder any possible ability in [[Endurance]] or [[Defense]] despite its fairly even weight distribution, and as such it has no competitive use. Cross Fang is in a grey area in the sense that it has too much recoil to be used for [[Stamina]] or [[Defense]] but not having enough Smash Attack to be used effectively in any Attack custom.

== Weight Disk (WD): ==
See [[Balance Weight Disks|8 Balance]]

== Spin Gear (SG): Right SG (Full Auto Clutch Ver.) ==
The tip is a wide and free-spinning flat metal tip containing a bearing which allows fast movement and adequate survival ability. Though it is difficult to control, the high speed and decent stamina means it finds use in both [[Smash Attack]] and [[Upper Attack]], being able to deliver hard hits even during later stages of battle.

=== Using the Full Auto Clutch Shaft in other Casings and Bases ===
The Shaft of the SG can be used in the following casings, in addition to its own: [[Dranzer S|SG (Free Shaft Ver)]], in which if it spins freely, along with [[Burning Kerberous|Double Bearing Core]] Casings, and [[Wolborg 2|SG (Bearing Ver. 2)]] Casings, in both of which it is fixed in place. The SG (Free Shaft Ver.) casings are the only ones which are at a useable height for competitive use.

In SG (Free Shaft Ver.), the SG is short enough for combinations to make effective contact, and as it may be used with [[Burning Kerberous|Customize Bearing Base]], and [[Wolborg 2|Defense Grip Base 2]], amongst others, it can be used in a variety of [[Attack]] customizations.

=== Use in [[Smash Attack]] Customization ===
The excellent speed of this tip, alongside its compatibility with Customize Bearing Base, which can use SPs, allows the creation of powerful Smash Attack Customizations.
Here is one such combination:

* '''AR:''' Triple Tiger ([[Driger G]])
* '''SP:''' Survivor Ring ([[Dark Series]])

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]] Customization ===
Due to the ability to use SPs, the combination of the Full Auto Clutch shaft and Customize Bearing Base can make effective use of [[Driger V2]]’s AR and SP combination to create strong Upper Attack:

* '''AR:''' Upper Claw ([[Driger V2]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks|10 Heavy]]
* '''SP:''' Upper Attack SP ([[Driger V2]])

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]]/[[Spin Stealing]] Customization ===
Another notable combination which makes use of the low height, decent Endurance, and bearing support of this particular setup is a rather unorthodox Upper Attack/Spin Stealing combo, which, despite being in the opposite spin direction to most opponents, still exhibits powerful [[Upper Attack]] against them (arguably more powerful than it does against same-spin opponents), focusing less on creating large amounts of lift and more on using smaller amounts of lift more efficiently, to score easier KOs.
It also boasts decent ability to steal spin due to a free-spinning shaft, relatively circular shape, and good weight distribution. This, along with the destabilising properties of its Upper Attack, allows it to succeed where many other Attack combinations would fail. As such, combined with a good launch, it is an incredibly dangerous and versatile combination.
The combination is as follows:

* '''AR:''' Triangle Wing ([[Dranzer GT]]) or Upper Dragoon ([[Master Dragoon]]/[[Kid Dragoon]])
* '''BB:''' Defense Grip Base 2 ([[Wolborg 2]])

== Blade Base (BB): Full Auto Clutch Base ==
*Weight: 15g (with SG (Full Auto Clutch))

The Blade Base is, as named, a clutch base with two springs and hooks. The only practical use of this base is with SG (Full Auto Clutch). At high RPMs, it clutches the tip for extra speed and force. At low RPMs, the clutch releases, causing a decrease in speed, and causing the beyblade to circle closer near the center of the stadium. However, the poor shape of the base, combined with the fact the gimmick trades off a significant amount of stamina for a relatively minor gain in aggression, means it does not have any real competitive use.

== Other Versions ==
* '''Driger F''' - [[Metal Master]] Version (Silver)
* '''Driger F''' - [[Hyperblade]] Version (Light Green/Silver-Green)
*'''Driger F''' - Clear Version - Shogakukan (Manga) Lottery Special
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Purple - Beyblade TCG Campaign
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Red - Expert Event Recolor
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Yellow - Fukubasho 2002 Recolor
* '''Driger F''' - White Version - Beybooster F

== Overall ==
The main draw of this Beyblade is its unique shaft, which not only provides extremely fast movement, but also has decent [[Survival]] ability. While the rest of this Beyblade leaves a lot to be desired, the shaft is more than enough to make up for it. '''Every Blader should own this Beyblade, albeit after obtaining other staple [[Attack]] parts.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Wasn't really feeling it today but I did add in what you wanted!
Look it over/reword it.
Huh, maybe I should hand this over to you, since you seem to have a more colourful vocab. and explained it better than I did in my own opinion.
So, I guess I will reword this soon? (with a little help?)
Meh.

If you want to, try editing what we've got up!

KEIIIII!!!!!
It's basically fine as is. I want to make a couple of minor tweaks to the compatibility stuff layout but yeah, this is really just awaiting kei's response to the whole left spin upper thing in the Wolborg 2 thread.
Nah, we still need to update the compatibility sections, I'll get it done in the next couple of days, just a small tweak.
Just the formatting of the compatibility sections, I need to format them with something kei mentioned in one of these threads. This won't go up until kei gets around to responding to my months-old explanation of why one of the combos in it is an upper attack combination from the Wolborg 2 rewrite draft thread, anyway.
Haven't read over so it could be in there but for the normal one there are two versions with different shades of plastic. I think one is hasbro and the other takara.
It isn't in there but I have seen the same in pictures. I'll add it when I get around to getting this finished.