[6/5/2016 Silver Spring,MD] Maryland Beyday 2016: Triple Format Threat

on
Hosted by
  Yami
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Maryland Beyday 2016: Triple Format Threat
SUNDAY, JUNE 5th 2016
Martin Luther King Jr. Park
Burst, Plastic, and Standard!
Directions/Additional Information
1120 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904. We will be playing either under the pavilion or on the grass.

Tournament Time: Tournament Registration and Free Play will be starting at 11:00 AM, however we be starting the event at 12:15 PM. It would be appreciated, however, if attendees would be there at least a couple of minutes earlier so we can get the battles and or blocks ready beforehand. We'd like to get the tournament done as soon as we can, but if your going to be late PM me or post in this thread.

Entry Fees: Tournament entry will cost five dollars a person, although if an extra ten is payed, a Blader Passport would be yours, along with a cool Passport Face online! Most importantly, though, free tournaments until your passport expires the following year. How cool is that! As you know it allows you to enter any tournament for the next year without paying the fee, as well as giving you the chance to participate in whatever contests or giveaways the WBO may offer.

Side Note: Please, PLEASE, PLEASE keep a hold on each and every part you own. We'd like to avoid thefts of all types, from Beyblades to game systems and laptops. Keep all your personal belongings close to your person at all times; do not leave them hanging around, as they are YOUR responsibility, and the tournament staff cannot be held liable for thefts.

Prize: As every normal tournament everyone will get 1 Credit to spend on the credit campaign for participating per tournament formats. First place gets 3 Credits plus 1 extra credit for majority wins. Second place gets 2 Credits plus 1 extra for majority wins. Third Place gets 1 Credit and maybe or not 1 extra for majority wins.

Since we have 3 Formats we will have a Olympic style. Top 3 bladers who racks up the most "Medals" will receive prizes!

Details:
1st place gets you 3 points
2nd place gets you 2 points
3rd place gets you 1 points

If you win 2 1st place formats you'll be set for 1st place prizing BUT if the same person gets 2 2nd place formats you will have to try get 3rd place or higher to secure you place if he attempts to get 1st on the last format

First Place
WHF Red Burst Stadium w/ Beystadium Bag! OR Clear Burst Stadium SIGNED FROM ANIME NORTH! + Gold Xcalibur Force Xterme + 2 Booster or 1 Starter and 1 Booster Burst of your choice! + Long Winder Accessory! and finally the last special prize....!!!! A brand new.....
Amaterios Areo Assault!!!!

Second Place
Whatever stadium remains above + 2 Booster or 1 Starter and 1 Booster of your choice! + Long Winder Accessory! + Gold Xcalibur Force Xterme

Third Place
2 Booster or 1 Starter of your choice! + Long Winder Accessory!

Participants of any WBO tournament that takes place during BeyDays will receive the Face of Days VII!

[Image: JnI3KOx.png]

Waived Credit Limit

As usual, all BeyDays events are exempt from the limit of Credits of 8 per weekend. That way, there's no limit to your dedication to Beyblade!

BeyLotto — Win Huge Prizes!

Yet again we're closing off BeyDays with a grand BeyLotto!

[Image: beylotto.png]

All participants in a BeyDays tournaments are automatically going to be entered in this crazy giveaway. Therefore, the more events you participate in, the more chances you have at winning a prize!

On top of that, a participation in the aformentioned Face Contest: Photography will grant you one entry in the BeyLotto as well, with additional chances given to the winner(s) too!

As usual, Passport Holders are given the priority for the top prize, as thanks for their continued support!

All 30 picked winners will receive their choice of the following huge list of Face Boosters:

And for the physical prizes...

Grand Prize:
ANYTHING YOU WANT + WBO T-Shirt

[Image: anythingyouwant.png]

2nd Prize:
Amaterios Aero Assault Black Ver. + WBO T-Shirt

[Image: IbEoM4N.png]

3rd Prize:
Random Layer Booster Vol. 1 & 2 + WBO T-Shirt

[Image: yWaZatS.png]

4th – 10th: Any Beyblade Burst Booster Starter or Booster

For the stupendous ~ANYTHING YOU WANT~, all we ask you is the usual: be reasonable in your choices (under $50 USD), explore the web to make sure it's actually obtainable, and please give us a list of three items you would like to get the most.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADE #BEYDAYS #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to this event, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Confirmed Attendees:
  1. Yami
  2. Zachbob
  3. beybeard
  4. PidgeotWiz
  5. Shirayuki
  6. Wizard
  7. lawsomeness
  8. Unregistered user (Yami Friend)
  9. *Ginga*

Possible Attendees:
  1. Geester99
  2. OnTheDL
  3. Sniper
  4. TheGrimRipper13
  5. Larvatar23
  6. Dark Mousy
  7. beymaster15963

Giveaways Raffle
Holy Horusudo Upper Claw
Burning Kerbubus
Mint Draciel MS
Beyblade Burst Booster of Choice

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Switch me to confirmed also I like hms better
I'd rather do plastics.
I would prefer to do plastics. Wink
I like Plastics more, plus I think more people probably have Plastics than HMS
Alrighty changing HMS to Plastic now.
WOOHH!! DOUBLE BREAKS!!
Aw well, I had just got some HMS beyblades so I was able to play in more then one format, but I guess I'll just play in one format this time, why can't we do both?
Yeah I heard something about severe storms (at least in my area, not sure about Silver Spring). Do we have an inside alternative as a backup?

Edit: oops, I didn't notice the second one page (on my phone).

Sweet! Plastics. I only have 1 hms, but several plastics so maybe I'll stand a chancr now.
I'm a maybe
Well I won't be able to make it because of bad weather going from Waldorf to Silver Spring. It's just too dangerous for a tour that I have 2% chance of even getting 3rd place. Good luck to all that can attend.
Me and bumblebee are running late

Sorry were taking so long idiotic drivers
So wish I could've made it up for this; you guys have got a great lineup of formats!

Despite the weather, hope you all have a fantastic time together today! (Rooting for PidgeotWiz- VA represent, ha ha)
@[Angry Face], wish it could've gone better, ended up 1-4 and losing the piece to my Revolve driver, but hey, things happen. And this was only the first tournament, so let's hope I can get better with time Wink
how do i get a beyblade booster layer if i got a passport at the wbo tournament
Well I'm super glad that I went today, it was a blast and it was great being able to see all of you in Maryland again. Sad that we couldn't make time for Plastics, but I don't think anyone expected the huge turnout of 20 bladers we had.

Results
----------------
BURST FORMAT
3rd Place -
Shirayuki

2nd Place -
Stormscorpio1

1st Place -
Wizard
-------------------------
MFB Format
3rd Place -
TheBeyNinja

2nd Place -
ZachBob

1st Place -
Stormscorpio1
--------------------------

So the way the prizes went out, ZachBob got third overall with 2 total points, Wizard took 2nd with 3 points, and I took 1st with 5 points.
It was a great day and I hope to see you guys again soon!
Definitely, this was a great first experience for me and never in a million years would I've thought something like this was really feasible.

Definitely looking forward to more and to start setup down here in Northern VA.
i got a beyblade passport how do i get a beyblade booster layer
(Jun. 06, 2016  1:13 AM)reeceroosters Wrote: i got a beyblade passport how do i get a beyblade booster layer

I'm pretty sure it's just a face booster. Like the little icons you see under the profile pics of people.
@[Yami] Did you get contact information for all of these wonderful new bladers? I'd hate to see them miss our next tournament.
(May. 20, 2016  8:16 PM)Wizard Wrote: My first and last MD tournament. I'm gonna get rekt!

Biggest lie ever told
(Jun. 06, 2016  12:31 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Sad that we couldn't make time for Plastics, but I don't think anyone expected the huge turnout of 20 bladers we had.

Regardless, myself and several others ended up playing with some Plastics between rounds of MFB. It was pretty funny watching our practically-ancient beys fallings apart with every clash and clack.

(Jun. 06, 2016  3:04 AM)Time Wrote: @[Yami] Did you get contact information for all of these wonderful new bladers? I'd hate to see them miss our next tournament.

You mean like how you missed this one? Supaburn

(Jun. 06, 2016  3:09 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(May. 20, 2016  8:16 PM)Wizard Wrote: My first and last MD tournament. I'm gonna get rekt!

Biggest lie ever told

To be fair, I did get rekt during MFB; I was surprised I even placed. I still can't believe my score for the Burst finals, I feel like I should have lost at least once.
Oh shoot, my winning combos,
MFB
MF-L Duo Cancer B : D
MF-L Duo Cancer 230 MB

Burst
NGR
K2KR
DGR
NGD
DHD
Heyo everyone! I would like to thank everyone for coming to this extraordinary event in Maryland! We had a whooping 22 people attending the tournament which we don't get many people now days! Special thanks to @[ZachBob], @[Stormscorpio1], and Beybeard for coming all the way up to celebrate with us!

Without further ado

In First Place in the Standard Format!!!!

@[Stormscorpio1]!!!!

In Second Place!!!!!!

@[ZachBob]!!!!

In Third Place....And not only she placed for the first time.....She won the entire tournament with 1 combo and making a Tie Breaker really close against ZachBob!

@[TheBeyNinja]!!!!

And now....Moving on the the Burst Format....

In First place....Not only he lied that he would get rekt in the tournament but his very first time attending in a tournament and placed for his first and very last time here in the US soil...

@[Wizard]!!!!!!!

In Second place......

Stormscorpio1!!!!!

Finally in Third place...a guy who followed Toronto footsteps and placed 3rd with it.....

@[Shirayuki]!!!!!!

I hope everyone had fun and we'll see you all during HMS and Plastic Remembrance Day in July!!

Here's the sheet and sending the money in ASAP.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNgKoM...sp=sharing

As usual, please let me know if there's any problem!
Processed, and Faces and Credits have been awarded. Let me know if you see any errors. Congrats, everyone!