5G Burst Standard Without Drift

Irvine, CA
1st
2nd
3rd
Tournament Results
Portola Springs Community Park
900 Tomato Springs
  Meet near the bleachers to the right of large building in front of parking, very noticeable
12:00 PM on 07/30/2023
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
Experimental

An experimental ruleset is in place for this event (see event description).

Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Please Read:
  • View the rulebook in the top right corner of the page for confusions about these rules 
  • We Will Use 5G Format for This Tournament 
  • Have 5 Hasbro/TakaraTomy Beyblades with No Repeating Parts
  • 1 Dual spin bey in a deck, you may [b]switch spin directions between rounds[/b]
First Stage Points:
  • First Stage Matches are played to 5 points for this Tournament.
Ranked Clauses- Win Conditions 
In First Stage, you score point(s) when:
  • The opposing Beyblade stops spinning (1 Point)
  • The opposing Beyblade exits the BeyStadium (2 Points)
  • The opposing Beyblade bursts (2 Points)
In Final Stage, you score point(s) when:
  • The opposing Beyblade stops spinning (1 Point)
  • The opposing Beyblade exits the BeyStadium (2 Points)
  • The opposing Beyblade bursts (2 Points)
Ranked Clauses- Banned Parts
Banlist Variation: Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift Ban
  • The following Drivers may not be used in this tournament: Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift
Banlist Variation: Drift, Metal Drift Ban
  • The following Drivers may not be used in this tournament: Drift, Metal Drift
To Know:
-Use Official TakaraTomy/Hasbro Beyblades 
-Ask Any Questions You Have In This Thread

-Tournaments can last for Multiple Hours

-Press “Leave Tournament” If You Can’t Attend The Tournament
-Arrive On Time  
-Bring Extra B-33 Takara Tomy Stadiums If Possible
[Image: C899-D347-F02-A-4-DB5-B8-D5-4-FCDFC8-E25-BC.jpg]

How to Buy Real/Competitive Beyblades 
  • Picture has TAKARATOMY label in blue
  • Picture is the official image/packaging box of the release
[Image: F3-E1-CF1-D-A811-4085-A187-11899-FF03-FFF.jpg]
Where to Buy:
  • Mall of Toys
  • BeybladePremier
  • Amazon.JP
  • BeybladeBonanza
  • BeysandBricks (only takaratomy branded products, avoid unbranded products)
CHECKING FOR FAKES
Your Beyblade is Fake If: 
  • Layer Has a 4 sided screw instead of 3 sided screw
  • Disc Has Lead/Is Sticky
  • Is Not An Official TakaraTomy/Hasbro Product
You Beyblade is Legal If: 
  • Layer Has a 3 sided screw 
  • Disc does not have lead 
  • Is A TakaraTomy/Hasbro Product
[Image: 00-AF8-BDB-0501-480-C-AAA4-0-E4-DDAF0-D627.jpg]

Challonge Links-
First Stage- https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/pp5vygx8/standings
Final Stage- 
Most Importantly Always Smile, Be Yourself and Have Fun With Beyblade

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Please consider using the BBCode Resource when implemented any Ranked Clauses, as to improve clarity of the Tournament post.
Still have a months time until the tournament but everyone PLEASE read the rulebook and check for fakes
Any Screw that isn’t 3 sided but 4 sided is fake, look for led as well and ONLY Hasbro/TakaraTomy Parts
Anyone who is able to lend a B-33 Takara Tomy Standard Stadium or bring it that would be very much appreciated
Ill bring spare stadiums
(Jul. 08, 2023  10:17 AM)Nightmare Goku Wrote: Ill bring spare stadiums
Thanks 👍
I have a standard and db stadium, and and a few hasbro slingshock stadiums. Should i only bring the standard? Dont rly know if ppl like the hasbro stadiums lol
(Jul. 10, 2023  9:00 AM)PhoenixFlare Wrote: I have a standard and db stadium, and and a few hasbro slingshock stadiums. Should i only bring the standard? Dont rly know if ppl like the hasbro stadiums lol
Well we have 14 participants already and will probably end up having around 20 or more.5G also takes a while especially since its a new format for everyone and both first and final stages are to 5 points (though 2pts KO's will help with that). DB stadium you don’t have to bring, and you can bring the hasbro stadiums if you want for everyone to play in on the side when they aren’t in a match. Standard Stadium would definitely help though if you could bring it, thanks!
A very common question at tournaments is where to buy TakaraTomy Beyblades or how to tell if they are fake or not. I added some basic information on how to tell if your Beyblades are Fake or Not, as well as some websites where you can buy TakaraTomy Beyblades.
Time for another 2+ hour tournament... please no stamina meta!

BTW can I have a combo with Nexus+D and another combo with Nexus+S in my deck or does that count as duplicate parts?
(Jul. 18, 2023  5:29 PM)lil-iz Wrote: Time for another 2+ hour tournament... please no stamina meta!

BTW can I have a combo with Nexus+D and another combo with Nexus+S in my deck or does that count as duplicate parts?
The idea with KO being 2 points is to incentivize attack so hopefully that won't be a problem, plus dual spin combos sweep the other 4 pretty easily. 31 players currently though, exciting but it will take a while. Nice to have many more experienced players this time. And yes technically nexus would be repeated in that case so it's not allowed.
Are all Beyblades aloud except the ones that have metal bearing drift and bearing drift
(Jul. 27, 2023  7:41 PM)Xtreme dash Wrote: Are all Beyblades aloud except the ones that have metal bearing drift and bearing drift

Hey XtremeDash! At this tournament, it is burst standard 5g rules with the variations of bearing drift and drift being banned. (metal/normal BDR+Drift are banned) If you have any other questions read the rules which are below the "join tournament" button (5g Tournament rules) or directly to the right of the join button (Standard Rulebook).
Can you have a destiny dash and normal destroy in a deck?

Destroy* typo
(Jul. 29, 2023  1:24 AM)Atrox Wrote: Can you have a destiny dash and normal destroy in a deck?

Destroy* typo

Yes, you can have destroy and destroy dash in the same deck. Dash and metal drivers count as driver variations, not repeating parts.
(Jul. 18, 2023  5:29 PM)lil-iz Wrote: Time for another 2+ hour tournament... please no stamina meta!

I’m so sorry for the spamina ive prepared. Just know that i do feel ashamed
(Jul. 27, 2023  7:41 PM)Xtreme dash Wrote: Are all Beyblades aloud except the ones that have metal bearing drift and bearing drift

Yes, any beyblades that have drift or metal drift are also banned.

(Jul. 29, 2023  1:24 AM)Atrox Wrote: Can you have a destiny dash and normal destroy in a deck?

Destroy* typo

Yes you can have those both in a deck

(Jul. 29, 2023  4:00 AM)PhoenixFlare Wrote:

I’m so sorry for the spamina ive prepared. Just know that i do feel ashamed
I am disappointed in you young one, you have become the very thing you swore to destroy
Can we switch our 5 bey for the tournament?
(Jul. 29, 2023  11:38 PM)Plinkplink Wrote: Can we switch our 5 bey for the tournament?
Yes you can switch your beys in between rounds
Ok thanks for the information
Everyone Please Arrive as close to 12:00PM as possible. With more people than usual coming this time I will have to remove those who come much later than the start time from the tournament which will get rid of your chance to play in the tournament. If you show up very late you can still play in the area and on the side, but not in the actual tournament.
-Please read the rules and check for anything you might be missing
-Tomorrow will be rather hot so bring water along and feel free to sit under the shaded bleachers when you are not playing in a match
See you tomorrow everyone!

As well anyone who can bring an extra B-33 Stadium please do if possible, it would help a lot and be very much appreciated
Challonge Link First Stage- https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/pp5vygx8/standings
Anyone who shows up much later than the start time will unfortunately have to be removed from the bracket for the tournament to continue
(Jul. 30, 2023  7:29 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Challonge Link First Stage- https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/pp5vygx8/standings
Anyone who shows up much later than the start time will unfortunately have to be removed from the bracket for the tournament to continue

What's the cut off time?
We are 5 minutes away
Winning Combos Posted
First Stage Challonge- https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/pp5vygx8/standings
Final Stage Challonge- https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/ofpbfao3/standings