3rd Beyblade Burst series: "Super Z" [超ゼツ, Chouzetsu]

To be honest... I think this will probably kill Burst for a lot of people. The metal touch for L2, sX and nL were acceptable but now this is getting ridiculous.

But... I'll try and be open, it might be good.
It could be that the metal is underneath the plastic? Just like the basic layers they've got the clear layer and below the opaque layer, in this case would be a clear layer and below the metal layer (?)
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:09 PM)Skuldless Wrote: It could be that the metal is underneath the plastic? Just like the basic layers they've got the clear layer and below the opaque layer, in this case would be a clear layer and below the metal layer (?)

That's true actually, I hope we at least get a bit of coloured plastic
They probably will to avoid metal teeth. Even then we'd mostly see the metal and it would be so bland if all were silver.
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:34 PM)Jinbee Wrote: They probably will to avoid metal teeth. Even then we'd mostly see the metal and it would be so bland if all were silver.

If you saw the new series starter thread theres a picture of some metal bey and it looks so bland! Unhappy
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:35 PM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:34 PM)Jinbee Wrote: They probably will to avoid metal teeth. Even then we'd mostly see the metal and it would be so bland if all were silver.

If you saw the new series starter thread theres a picture of some metal bey and it looks so bland! Unhappy

Yeah I saw it, that's what I'm worried about.
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:36 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:35 PM)KnightPro Wrote: If you saw the new series starter thread theres a picture of some metal bey and it looks so bland! Unhappy

Yeah I saw it, that's what I'm worried about.

Same here Mana pointed out something and that was if the layers are so heavy like that they shouldn't burst as much as the plastic ones we have now.
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:37 PM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:36 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Yeah I saw it, that's what I'm worried about.

Same here Mana pointed out something and that was if the layers are so heavy like that they shouldn't burst as much as the plastic ones we have now.

Yeah he's probably right, while they would probably hit harder, these probably won't burst any more, I hope I'm wrong here.
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:41 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:37 PM)KnightPro Wrote: Same here Mana pointed out something and that was if the layers are so heavy like that they shouldn't burst as much as the plastic ones we have now.

Yeah he's probably right, while they would probably hit harder, these probably won't burst any more, I hope I'm wrong here.

Yea I think this is Takaras way of making it not dangerous which is ok I guess
I'm less worried about how often they'll burst than I am about what damage they'll do to the existing lineup of tops. If the Layers in this series are pure metal as opposed to metal centers with plastic contact points, there's serious potential for breakage when using it to battle against the previous layers. One hit from a jagged metal edge on an attack Layer from this system and all of your previous Layers are shattered.
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:51 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I'm less worried about how often they'll burst than I am about what damage they'll do to the existing lineup of tops. If the Layers in this series are pure metal as opposed to metal centers with plastic contact points, there's serious potential for breakage when using it to battle against the previous layers. One hit from a jagged metal edge on an attack Layer from this system and all of your previous Layers are shattered.

Yeah that's definitely a bigger concern, I hope these are just silver plastic with metal inside it.

It almost feels TTs way of disregarding the current systems or informing you that it was all a waste.
I think we will see a metagame like standard metal if these parts aren't regulated.

that is, unless these have teeth like W2 or R1.

While I find the metal nice, I really hope the metal is nerfed because then you would essentially outclass every single release prior with just a small handful.
i could be some special effect to hype up the addition of metal parts and not actually be full metal, because it would be pretty boring if the layer was only one color and they were all the same color.
(Feb. 12, 2018  5:08 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: i could be some special effect to hype up the addition of metal parts and not actually be full metal, because it would be pretty boring if the layer was only one color and they were all the same color.

That's exactly what I was thinking and I hope that is the case. I definitely won't be very happy if we get pure metal layers...
Time will tell. I'm not really excited so far, but that might change. If the aesthetics are nearly as good as the previous series I'm okay with it.
i’ll buy into whatever they release. but it looks like there will continue to be a lot to appreciate about god beys for the foreseeable future!

we don’t have much to work with at this point, but as far as a teaser ad, i’m not that stoked by the images Unhappy
WHY TT WHY? burst was good with plastic but now the layers are metal i swear they need to do something new metal on beyblades isnt that good imo
(Feb. 12, 2018  8:12 PM)bidinga Wrote: WHY TT WHY? burst was good with plastic but now the layers are metal i swear they need to do something new metal on beyblades isnt that good imo

All we know is pictures so far this is the same thing people did when burst was first announced maybe we should wait until it actually comes out.
i love how since it has been announced as all metal and basically a mfb or hms remake everyone is complaining about it now, WHEN THE WHOLE TIME EVERYONE IN THE THREAD WAS ASKING FOR THAT SPECIFICALLY!! ( i never wanted them to put more metal on the new series anyways! i didnt even want them to get rid of god bey system since the new series was announced) i wanted to keep it the same the whole time and no one supported that idea because you were all currently fanboy/girl - ing / wishing for an over a 6 year old series that is deader than my past relatives to be revived... AND THEY GAVE YOU WHAT YOU ALL WANTED, but now you realize how it probably wasnt the logical choice or even a good one. but whatever, ill always support and grow with the hobby but you guys need to be careful what you wish for especially with a series that will do whatever to get it followers to continue to buy in. TT gave you exactly what you all wanted, but you now realize that it isnt what we needed. RIP CURRENT COMPETITIVE META GAME! (and RIP to any burst beys which will foolishly and inevitably be destroyed when kids try to make these new beys fight against the older ones)
Well I know I certainly didn't want the series to be about the metal, even being hesitant on the idea of the series having as much metal as sX or nL as a norm.
(Feb. 12, 2018  8:17 PM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2018  8:12 PM)bidinga Wrote: WHY TT WHY? burst was good with plastic but now the layers are metal i swear they need to do something new metal on beyblades isnt that good imo

All we know is pictures so far this is the same thing people did when burst was first announced maybe we should wait until it actually comes out.

good point, but the hope i have for the Super-Z series seems to be quickly fading :\
Alright, now I can totally say that I know Beyblade well enough since 2003 that all series will always end up introducing more metal, ever hah. Three times forms a trend now.

Honestly though I would not be surprised if these were made out of a very light metal like aluminium hah. You guys are forgetting that it does not always have to be a zinc alloy.
(Feb. 13, 2018  2:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Alright, now I can totally say that I know Beyblade well enough since 2003 that all series will always end up introducing more metal, ever hah. Three times forms a trend now.

Honestly though I would not be surprised if these were made out of a very light metal like aluminium hah. You guys are forgetting that it does not always have to be a zinc alloy.

Well that would create durability issues with the metal beys.
(Feb. 13, 2018  1:41 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well I know I certainly didn't want the series to be about the metal, even being hesitant on the idea of the series having as much metal as sX or nL as a norm.

i feel the same way! I dont see how going all metal at this point would be innovative, new, or creative. it has already been done 3 other times. There was wayyyy more potential left in the god series, duo Eclipse (which will be the last god layer system bey to be released) is the perfect example of this. i dont think the series should've starting leaning towards all layers being combined, but the point i was making is that you could do anything with the god layers and i feel like interchangeable custom parts to add to all layers wouldve been really cool. Like with the Strike God Chip being an addition to gV, i think TT could've made all brand new god layers for the new series and each release would come with a "upgraded" god design and a custom part which could be used and swapped with and other piece to be used on any new layer.
This is so weird! I agree with Kai V Bey Crafter and Jinbee lol